• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Ya, in the final analysis I think you're right. I'm not going to tell my neighbor that but hope that is what he arrives at as well.

It sux that I have this reality that my sleepy neighborhood is not exempt from crime any more than any other neighborhood. Less crime, certainly, but not exempt. Vigilence always.

just because you live in a neighborhood thats half cops doesnt mean anything. people do not fear the police, and they shouldnt.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Cuts through all sorts of things that I don't want to mention on the website. Send you a PM.
    Yeah, those dremel tool, can cut off a locking lug nut right off, only reason they weren't able to steal my rims & tire, is cause I have an alarm with a mercury switch , & when they lifted my truck the mercury switch tripped my VIPER ALARM;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What does it take to remove such rack without making a lot of noise?

^^^ I think that might be the little bit of reality making the difference between the analogies of home and car security. Homes have people in them who are more likely to hear the noise in the home than in the vehicle outside. Homes might have dogs who can alert the homeowners of the intruders. Comparing the vehicle to a home in terms of security is a bit disingenuous.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I was comparing apples to apples. One door /one safe for both. To break into either you'll wait until the person isn't there. If you think a Dremel doesn't make noise then I'd like to meet the unicorn that sold you your magic Dremel as my Dremel and all the dremels I've owned or heard sound like a cat being lowered into a blender. But still I'd rather break into your house take ALL your guns plus your Tvs, jewelry, money, checks, computers, vests, uniforms ect than break into a car in the middle of a neighborhood, out in the open. Even if I had the magic Dremel powered by unicorn farts and lubricated with bald eagle tears, I wouldn't want to slowly, and apparently noiselessly, saw through multiple layers of hardened steel so I could MAYBE get a $300 shotgun.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I was comparing apples to apples. One door /one safe for both. To break into either you'll wait until the person isn't there. If you think a Dremel doesn't make noise then I'd like to meet the unicorn that sold you your magic Dremel as my Dremel and all the dremels I've owned or heard sound like a cat being lowered into a blender. But still I'd rather break into your house take ALL your guns plus your Tvs, jewelry, money, checks, computers, vests, uniforms ect than break into a car in the middle of a neighborhood, out in the open. Even if I had the magic Dremel powered by unicorn farts and lubricated with bald eagle tears, I wouldn't want to slowly, and apparently noiselessly, saw through multiple layers of hardened steel so I could MAYBE get a $300 shotgun.

couldnt you just dremel off the bolts? he took the whole rack.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    There are 4 that bolt the rack square bar to the feet and they're grade 8. They pass through stainless sleeves. It would take me at minimum about an hour and several of the expensive cutting disks to remove the heads. It'd almost be the same as cutting the square bar at both ends as you have the square bar and the threaded grade 8 rod running through the center.

I met a guy who cracks safes without damaging them as a hobby and side business even helped bank one back when it was called that. He got into mine in 5 minutes.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    just because you live in a neighborhood thats half cops doesnt mean anything. people do not fear the police, and they shouldnt.

I think the real problem is that people dont fear the criminal justice system, and they SHOULD.

Doesnt even matter if they catch the guy. He will get probation or serve a few months. Whoopty do.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    couldnt you just dremel off the bolts? he took the whole rack.

We believe bolt cutters of some sort were used. The hardware, though strong enough to prevent someone from yanking the thing out, wasn't protected well enough from being cut.

Rifle & shotgun together might net the thief $800 - $900 on a good day.

Top Bottom