• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Cop had his guns locked up. Is it reasonable to expect him to unlock them and bring them both inside every night and back out every morning? Not really.

Then if they get a call in the middle of the night for everyone suddenly to report. How many show up without their guns? Cops are regular people. Don't tell me that if you got a call at 2 AM (or whatever time is the middle of your sleep cycle) to immediately report that no one but me would forget something at some time.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, are we advocating to remove the weapons from a secure lock and bring them inside to what? Breaking into a house is no big deal. The officer needs to buy a safe and then bolt it down to equal the protection in the vehicles. Buying a gun cabinet is a step down. What if the officer lives in an apartment like many do? The racks offer better security than what the officer's can provide with their own money.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I wouldnt be able to sleep if I left any of my weapons in my car,in saying that thieves do suck & if caught ,well i wouldnt want to be him (or them)

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I pulled up along side a police Expedition a couple of weeks ago & got a look inside the passenger side & either he didnt get his rifle rack yet or just made a bust but there were 2 shotguns & 2 M4s casually laid on the passenger seat in full veiw( I wasnt trying to be a looky lu but My Expedition sets higher & I always check no one is getting out at the same time & i got a birds eye view into the cab & was surprised ) only after i got out I seen the lights in the grill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The officer needs to buy a safe and then bolt it down to equal the protection in the vehicles.

No, being inside the home is several layers of additional protection.

Yes, the cop needs to be responsible and buy a safe. In fact that is what several different heel-rocking law enforcement officers have self-righteously told me all gun owners should do.

I hope the officer learns his lesson and paying for the property he lost does not hurt his family too badly.

I hope the guns he lost do not end up hurting any children.

Persuader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Thieves should have their right hand cut off

They knew what to look for.

Shouldnt leave weapons in cars

I understand the anger but why were the weapons left in the vehicle?
    Complacency kills.

Bob

Lotta balls on that thief.

Whoever it is needs them removed.

I agree with all of this, and I as well hate thieves, but it's true, if you leave your weapons in your vehicle they have a 100% chance of gettting stolen, especially if they're in plain sight or your vehicle says "POLICE" on the side.

I feel for the people i hear about having things stolen from them, but there's nothing like good security, no matter what neighborhood you live in.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Whoever it was has balls the size of church bells.

I don't like being this way, but I'm beginning to think that most people in the world will either rob you blind or screw you over for a dollar.
    It happened to me in the :ingo: classified section, I bought a 1911 S & A MAGWELL & the :ingo: member kept my money & never shipped it to me:xmad: so it could happen to anybody:(

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It happened to me in the :ingo: classified section, I bought a 1911 S & A MAGWELL & the :ingo: member kept my money & never shipped it to me:xmad: so it could happen to anybody:(

Could you give more info on what happened? What efforts did you make to collect?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

Not quite the same subject, I wrote Vida Blue for his autograph. He said sure $30.00 please. I sent it to him. Kept the ball and the money. The kicker was that it had 7 players of the 72 - 74 era Oakland A's on it.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Not quite the same subject, I wrote Vida Blue for his autograph. He said sure $30.00 please. I sent it to him. Kept the ball and the money. The kicker was that it had 7 players of the 72 - 74 era Oakland A's on it.
    That's a bigger lost than mine. Cause I can always buy another 1911 S & A MAGWELL, but you won't be able to get another ball like that one:(

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We didn't hear a thing..... The cruiser wasn't damaged, so we guess a 'slim jim' was used to gain access....

They have figured out how to unlock the electronic racks.

Before I read further I was thinking that the other guys at the department were doing a halloween prank on this guy.

Let me know who did this so I can blacklist him please.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    That's a bigger lost than mine. Cause I can always buy another 1911 S & A MAGWELL, but you won't be able to get another ball like that one:(

I still have his address and send him cards from time to time asking for it back reminding him he is a thief.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    No, being inside the home is several layers of additional protection.

Yes, the cop needs to be responsible and buy a safe. In fact that is what several different heel-rocking law enforcement officers have self-righteously told me all gun owners should do.

I hope the officer learns his lesson and paying for the property he lost does not hurt his family too badly.

I hope the guns he lost do not end up hurting any children.

several layers of protection:

Home: Front door, safe (maybe)

Car: Car door, safe

I'd rather be indoors getting all of your stuff (guns, tv's, jewelry) than in your car, out in the open, hoping to get a gun out of a safe.

officer got his gun back 2 days later.

Top Bottom