I hope they restrict crossbows next hunting season.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I own a pretty good crossbow but mostly for the novelty of having something else to go out with. I have yet to try to shoot the thing. I watched some guys at the range with theirs, and it makes so much noise I don't know if it will ever see the woods, even though I know the speed will make up for that. I couldn't understand why someone would want what appears to me to be restricted side-to-side movement. I can't even figure out what "advantage" people think they get out of them, other than zero archery skill is required to shoot one. I can't even understand how they fall under "archery" equipment. That being said, I have no use for one of them as a hunting tool, but I like what seems to be added $$ to the states efforts. I won't give a tree-rat's @$$ if it stays or goes. I think it's a kind of comical marketing drive by the manufacturers of the things.....and some guys are buying it hook, line and bolt! I'm not a hater. Hey, shoot 'em if ya got 'em!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If it gets more hunters into the woods and puts more money into DNR's coffers, its good for the sport/activity/past time/whatever you want to call it.

I swear, you'd think all the deer in Indiana have been called for by a few certain INGO members they way they oppose crossbows and modern rifles and HOW DARE YOU MAKE HUNTING EASIER!!1!

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I won't give a tree-rat's @$$ if it stays or goes. I think it's a kind of comical marketing drive by the manufacturers of the things.....and some guys are buying it hook, line and bolt! I'm not a hater. Hey, shoot 'em if ya got 'em!

Marketing? I think crossbows have been around a lot longer than compounds.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Why is everybody in such a "get over it" attitude? Since when is it not OK for somebody allowed to have an opinion?

I never said I wanted crossbows to go away nor did I say there was something wrong with them.

You folks are way too self righteous.

I just think a cross bow is closer to a firearm then true archery, in the aspects of hunting.

I most certainly didn't disrespect your mother, so chill out.
    Speaking of self righteous. I got to ask how many hunter this year have you seen in YOUR deer woods with a crossbow.???

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Speaking of self righteous. I got to ask how many hunter this year have you seen in YOUR deer woods with a crossbow.???

I know the question wasn't directed at me but.........1 yesterday. But that was my hunting buddy and he has a torn shoulder. Doc said he can't shoot a bow until it heals, if it does. Shame too, new Heli M collecting dust instead of antler.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If it gets more hunters into the woods and puts more money into DNR's coffers, its good for the sport/activity/past time/whatever you want to call it.

I swear, you'd think all the deer in Indiana have been called for by a few certain INGO members they way they oppose crossbows and modern rifles and HOW DARE YOU MAKE HUNTING EASIER!!1!

High fence proponent?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You guys can stick with your fancy crossbows and atlatls, I'm going to use my truck like I always have. If you hit them right, you can skin them and get them to flip into the bed. I'm thinking about adding some blades to the front of my truck for the 2013 season to see if I can butcher them at the same time. I haven't quite figured out how to package them without getting out of the cab yet though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hey, if you're giving classes on how to make the spoon for the atlatl, I'm in.

That's the hard part of atlatl making, as any primitive weapons expert knows.

It's so difficult, in fact, that I've not yet figured that part out.

I've thought about mounting a cadaver shoulder socket into the wood with some epoxy - but then I realize that A) adding epoxy wouldn't be "period" with the weapon, and B) I'm fresh out of cadaver shoulders.

So plan B is to go to a Smithsonian building and steal one of theirs.

-J-

Top Bottom