I like photography...and I like gun stuff...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Since we are sharing!

6003083611_21eb2327c9_z.jpg

5563084675_82090b37eb_z.jpg

Taken with a Canon 7D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Digging through my files....

We took a training class a couple years ago and took some reloaded ammo with us. The guy who reloaded for us said he thought he'd dropped a bad one in our can, so to be sure to check them as we were loading the mags. Good thing we did:
    pic-042.jpg

Still one of my favorite shots from all the NFA days I've been to. This was from the first one. It goes pew-pew!
    picture-1219.jpg

And these are from last year's NFA Alumni Day:
    NFA%20Alumni%20Day%202%201992.jpg

NFA%20Alumni%20Day%202%201844.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Love to do Photography too! Years ago a used to do weddings. Just never could make enough money to upgrade my equpment, and there was a lot of competition out there, and they are a lot of WORK! Still have a lot of 35mm stuff. Going to put it on E-xxx and see if it sells. Got a NIce Sony didgital camera and a Sony Handy Cam, which is what I did my wife's M4 video with, and it's going with me to NFA Day! So I'll post some Vids. Used to Joke I could shoot stuff with out destroing it!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I won't shoot weddings anymore. Too many brideasaurus-rex's to make it worth it. Lol
    Yeah, know what you mean... I did the wedding thing for a couple of years and decided it wasn't for me.

545151217_pKSf6-XL.jpg

585942102_eGjs4-L.jpg

948589356_8kxcE-L.jpg

I thought because I loved photography and taking pics of people that it was a natural fit. But there's so much more to it, if you're good at it. I wasn't good at it, and I realized that.

You're not just a photographer, you're a psychiatrist, a friend, a wedding coordinator, instructor, babysitter, referee, motivational speaker, event planner... all rolled up into one. If you suck at any one of these many tasks, you aren't a very good wedding photographer.

So, I stepped away... I tried, I learned it wasn't for me and I've moved on. It was a fun learning experience though.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Plus, something always goes wrong.

Last wedding I shot, one of my bodies just 'decided' it didn't want to work.

Then, when I got home and had time to troubleshoot, it was fine. Weddings are horrible, horrible places.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    OH! Weddings! I've only done one... since then my sister has taken it up with the XTi I gave her, so her roommate (ordained wedding minister...) doesn't call me for them anymore.

It was pretty awesome, though. It had rained the whole day, so her outdoor in-the-garden wedding got moved to the nearby shelter house where the reception was supposed to be. The second it stopped raining we ran back up to the rose garden to get some shots. This little butterfly decided to dry its wings on her dress, so we coaxed it up on to her fingers and got some great shots. My favorite is the one where the sun actually came out and got the groom full in the face, so he's actually grimacing in the photo. Lol :):

butterfly1.jpg

butterfly2.jpg

butterfly3.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, know what you mean... I did the wedding thing for a couple of years and decided it wasn't for me.

545151217_pKSf6-XL.jpg

585942102_eGjs4-L.jpg

948589356_8kxcE-L.jpg

I thought because I loved photography and taking pics of people that it was a natural fit. But there's so much more to it, if you're good at it. I wasn't good at it, and I realized that.

You're not just a photographer, you're a psychiatrist, a friend, a wedding coordinator, instructor, babysitter, referee, motivational speaker, event planner... all rolled up into one. If you suck at any one of these many tasks, you aren't a very good wedding photographer.

So, I stepped away... I tried, I learned it wasn't for me and I've moved on. It was a fun learning experience though.

Plus, something always goes wrong.

Last wedding I shot, one of my bodies just 'decided' it didn't want to work.

Then, when I got home and had time to troubleshoot, it was fine. Weddings are horrible, horrible places.
    O yeah I never had a Wedding where somthing did not go wrong! One Wedding My flash batteries decided to fail right as the Bridesmaids started comming down the isle! And they were freshly charged Nicads. I also had a wedding where EVERYONE was clueless, I nearly ran ran the whole show. I was pretty good at it. really had some good shots, One wedding I did was in and older church lot's of character and Natural light to take advantage of. Might take me a copuple of days but I'll dig up some of my better shots and try to scan them and post them

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I had one where I was a last minute addition, so I had to get all the info from the groom as to where people would be standing and such.

Well, the bride and groom were actuallly standing about 7 feet in front of where he'd told me, and my flashes were not set up for that location. That was fun.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I enjoy photographing my guns in staged settings where the gun is the center of attention and maybe a holster and some ammo. I run them in slide-show on my computer. I've got hundreds of them, too much to post here but here's a sample of one of my cheap ones.

Davis322.jpg

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I enjoy photographing my guns in staged settings where the gun is the center of attention and maybe a holster and some ammo. I run them in slide-show on my computer. I've got hundreds of them

Alright, just don't let your wife catch you.

Da Bing

Top Bottom