I like photography...and I like gun stuff...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Eh, I'm a nikon person, myself. ;)

That being said, I wouldn't mind a 5d mark iii, or whatever number they're up to now. Lol

I like Nikon's ergonomics, but not their price. For me, worrying about Nikon vs. Canon is a bit like worrying about the accuracy of my guns, because they are all more accurate than I am. They're all good, and I wouldn't mind these single-digit Canons either.

Besides, where are the hardcore people who use Leicas with a Zeiss lens, or large format cameras?

Da Bing

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Honestly, I probably have maybe 500 dollars in my whole dslr setup, sooooooo I'm willing to bet that a 5d, or a d3x is a smidge out of my price range. Lol

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I shoot medium format film through a bronica etrsi. That's about as close as I'll get to a hassy.

It produces beautiful images. It's just expensive to use. :/

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I've invested in Nikon as well though, to be sure, it's much less about the camera and more about the eye, mind, and technique of the photographer. After that, it's about the glass. The actual camera finds its importance in the equalization somewhere after that. Better a decent camera with fantastic glass than the other way around. Even more, an incredible eye-mind-vision (whatever you'd like to call it) can get inspiring results even out of a pin-hole camera.

All that said, some winning lottery numbers would really go a long way toward getting a couple new Nikon bodies and a half dozen or so select lenses. :D

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I've invested in Nikon as well though, to be sure, it's much less about the camera and more about the eye, mind, and technique of the photographer. After that, it's about the glass. The actual camera finds its importance in the equalization somewhere after that. Better a decent camera with fantastic glass than the other way around. Even more, an incredible eye-mind-vision (whatever you'd like to call it) can get inspiring results even out of a pin-hole camera.

All that said, some winning lottery numbers would really go a long way toward getting a couple new Nikon bodies and a half dozen or so select lenses. :D

Eh, I like using substandard equipment. It encourages you to develop interesting solutions to technical roadblocks between you and your perfect image. My focus shift photos would be such an example.

...or it's because I'm just cheap. Whichever. Lol

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In college I was into cycling...

Shortly after beginning real life, I re-discovered firearms...

Then I discovered photography...but put down the 35mm 4-5 years ago when I switched jobs and no longer traveled around (always had my camera with me!)

Recently re-discovered photography and bought the DSLR for a trip to Hawaii / to have around as we were expecting our first child.

And my wife owns a horse that we board at a stables in Bargersville.

Yes, yes, yes indeed. I know about expensive hobbies all too well. *sigh*

(stupid horse)

-J-
    Atleast your not into amateur radio now thats expensive(i have about 1k into a used ic700 which is a middle of the road radio some go up in the 3-4k range used. This is without antennas or towers or amps).

Nice pics Pami. I love Canon cameras. I shoot with a Canon 1D Mark IV.

Lucky I personally cant afford those even used. Im using a 20D with either 100-300usm or 28-135usm is with 430ex but I only have about 700 into the setup.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Those wanting to get into the DSLR world...

It's not necessarily the camera body that you buy into.

Buy the body that goes with the lenses that you want!

once you start buying good glass, you're "married" to that system. Unless, of course, you can afford to whole-sale change should you not like one vs. the other.

Now if someone would just drop a nice Canon compatible macro lens in my lap... And a 70-200 f/2.8...that'd be great! I'd even take the f/4 should anyone care to give one of those away!

Tamron...Canon...Sigma... I'm not brand loyal!

Just a few non-gun shots:

IMG_0901-3-BW.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Madisonsnow3smaller.jpg

40.jpg

14.jpg

13BW.jpg

18BWedited.jpg

Corsair1.jpg

17BW.jpg

WarMemorial.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0617-BW.jpg

IMG_1079-2.jpg

IMG_1078-3.jpg

-J-

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I see you're in the Valpo area, the church on VU campus is a great place to shoot pics. Here's one I have online from that spot.

495836254_aCENL-L.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The above shots...the staircase and the other B&W shot with the big stained glass window... Those are at the church at VU. The shot just above the staircase is the side of the library at VU.

Those were taken with a Canon Elan 7 35mm camera several years ago. A former job of mine had me all over Indiana. Once I caught the photography bug, I had at least 1 camera with me every week.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Taking pics of people is my favorite thing to do. I'll go to events like the antique tractor show in Valpo just to take pics of people, like this shot of a farmer.

662615553_vhFdc-L.jpg

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    The above shots...the staircase and the other B&W shot with the big stained glass window... Those are at the church at VU. The shot just above the staircase is the side of the library at VU.

Those were taken with a Canon Elan 7 35mm camera several years ago. A former job of mine had me all over Indiana. Once I caught the photography bug, I had at least 1 camera with me every week.

Where was that lighthouse? I've seen it somewhere before but I can place it.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Nice pics, you guys. I'm thinking there should be a photography section. Why not combine our passions?

Da Bing

Top Bottom