• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I have, he's not man enough to admit his wrong doing. If you don't want people to know what skeletons you have, then just don't have any and you won't have to worry about it.

Maybe he feels it isn't something you need to be concerned with...you do know that just because someone has been arrested that it doesn't mean they're a danger to society. My guess is that if he has been through the process and been to court and is back at work, it isn't something serious enough that everyone around him needs to know. I'd say something different if you were a manager and wanting to know (mostly to know if it was something that violated company policy or would disrupt his ability to carry out his assigned duties).

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I think the OP has every right to know, who he is working with.......if the coworker didn't want people to know, maybe he shouldn't have broke the law and made his personal business, Public record.....

Exactly.

For the people that say it's not my business, let's look at it in a different perspective.

If you were buying a new house for you and your family and your neighbors are child molesters, wouldn't you want to know?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Would I check to see if there were child molesters in the area? Yeah. Would I automatically assume that because someone has been arrested that there is a high probability it has to do with being a child molester? No. Would I look into a co-worker's police record if their actions and attitudes at work have never made me feel I was in harm? Nope. If I had a co-worker that was arrested for a DUI would I think it is my business? Nope, same with drugs (unless there was an obvious problem while working that could cause injury to myself and others).

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He got arrested not convicted. When and if he gets convicted you will surely be able to find out about it. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY I believe is what everyone always says in the cop threads LOL

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He got arrested not convicted. When and if he gets convicted you will surely be able to find out about it. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY I believe is what everyone always says in the cop threads LOL

Yep, and once again...not homie's business even if the co-worker is convicted.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about him being a child molester.

People can put on a good front. I always check out new neighbors and new friends to make sure they are who they seem to be. I don't want to be in the presence of people that aren't good, trustworthy people. If you want to take your chances and find out the hard way, go ahead. I'll use the information available to me to help make that judgment.

If it's a simple DUI, then fine. If it is something I need to be concerned about, then I should have the right to know what it is. That's all I want to know.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Maybe you and the rest of the busybodies should threaten him with torture until he fesses up to your satisfaction. Perhaps you could bind his hands and feet then drop him into a lake to see if he's a witch. :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    On the assumption that the OP found out about the arrest from the arrested party, I'd say the arrested party made it OP's business when he started blabbing.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Wow ur cool man....:rolleyes:

Are you wanting someone to quote you and laugh or something?

Go back and find some funny threads to try that in.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k&NR=1

Look man, I understand your concern. But if it were something worthy of worry, I'm sure the media would have plastered it all over the airwaves and your coworker wouldn't have gotten out so soon. The more you stir this pot, the more it's going to stink. You asked him and he gave you an answer. Don't like the answer? Don't work with him.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k&NR=1

Look man, I understand your concern. But if it were something worthy of worry, I'm sure the media would have plastered it all over the airwaves and your coworker wouldn't have gotten out so soon. The more you stir this pot, the more it's going to stink. You asked him and he gave you an answer. Don't like the answer? Don't work with him.

I guess time will tell.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about him being a child molester.

People can put on a good front. I always check out new neighbors and new friends to make sure they are who they seem to be. I don't want to be in the presence of people that aren't good, trustworthy people. If you want to take your chances and find out the hard way, go ahead. I'll use the information available to me to help make that judgment.

If it's a simple DUI, then fine. If it is something I need to be concerned about, then I should have the right to know what it is. That's all I want to know.

I've had one neighbor in my life that I knew was a trouble maker and wondered enough to check him out.
    I consider myself a good judge of character! I can usually tell, after talking with someone for about five minutes, whether they are someone I'd want to hang around or not!
    You say you always check out new neighbors and friends. Sounds like you are pretty paranoid to me! Do they all give you "creepy feelings" or what?

We don't always have the choice whether we are around those "that aren't good, trustworthy people"! Seems simple to me, if you don't like the guy... Don't hang out with him, don't invite him to your home, and don't let him be around your kids! And as someone said before me, if you think he is a danger to be around at work, then speak up to a supervisor, and try to separate yourself from him!

I could be wrong, but I think you are the one that brought up the " child molester" scenario!

Top Bottom