• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    True, but a nice adjustable 2 point is extremely versatile for shoulder changes, multiple ways to carry, etc. 3 point slings are a waste with a good adjustable 2 pointer.

To the OP, if you can't hit a good tight MOA at the range with irons, stay with those until you can. Then reward yourself with a decent RDS and the accessories. That's how I did it. I rewarded myself with a nice 4x acog. :D I was a better shooter for it. But, since I sold all my guns some time ago and haven't shot in awhile, I'd probably go back and "qualify" again with an ar15 before I bought an optic again.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Do what you want if its your rifle and your money...... correct?
    As others have said, a sling in the essential thing to 'add'.
    The rest depends on your personal preference, need, want and money.
    Enjoy configuring and reconfiguring your rifle over and over and over....

Stay safe

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised, nay, shocked that no one has mentioned the impending zombie apocalypse as a reason they have every appliance known to man attached to their rifle. :dunno: Really, you'll be whistling a different tune the moment you discover the need for a laser designator when you're without one while staring down the barrel at a zombie.

Seriously, though I took it off to use on my Ruger MKIII (entirely for the fun factor), I had a Primary Arms red dot (that works wonderfully) on my AK. I've also got a sling and a Magpul AFG2. I could see the usefulness of a light if you plan on doing any shooting in the dark with your rifle and, while being proficient with iron sights is important, anything that makes your job easier will only benefit you in the long run. If you can choose between a cross cut saw and a chain saw to take trees down, which would be the more efficient choice?

In the end, for most, the options are all a personal choice and, often times, a learning experience. Very few here will use their rifle for more than paper targets or hog hunting, etc. Put an Oster blender on your rifle if it helps you shoot better ...or, at least, makes you feel just a little more cool than those of us without one. ;)

FWIW, anyone who uses "You're an idiot." as one of their main discussion points ranks just below the "Bevis and Butthead" level of conversation skills, IMO. I tend not to take their points entirely too seriously. ...just sayin'.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I see the problem here. Should have gonewith the AK. lol

That should have been purple.... for me the rifle is over 9lbs empty. Add a 35rd steel mag and it only gets heavier. The less gadgets I have on it the lighter it will be and easier to hold on target(s). That and I'm not an accessory type person anyway. If I had an AR, it would be a stripped down, lightwieght version.... 10lb battle rifles are nice but having something lighter would be nice too.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Seeing no point

I see no point in anybody saying there's "no point" in any gun or accessory. If you have want it, have it, or like it, there's a point!

:) :rolleyes: Just don't try to talk me into one of those incredibly stupid short-barreled ARs with red dots, lasers, lights, vert grip, multiple rails, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, hi-cap magazines, bells, whistles, and adjustable stocks. :rolleyes: :)

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Use whatever you want, just make sure you know how to zero and use the iron sights...you never know whose gun your picking up when the zombie apocalypse comes....

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Your brother sounds kind of retarded. It's America we can hand fuzzy dice off of an ar if we want to. I think some of the people fighting for our freedom hang this kind of stuff their weapons.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    When I think of what guns I could have bought with the money I spent all those needless gadgets, mounts, etc. that I stuck on my AR. I think the add-ons add up to more than the AR. :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I also added that. He added its a waste of money and no body needs it. Then I said '' Well if I don't think you need more that 10 rounds in your magazine should they be banned? '' He then proceded to call me a idiot :D

Right. Because he wasn't saying all of the add ons should be banned. He just said it was a waste of money and nobody needs it. He was probably referring to the years and years people defended themselves with iron sights and no lasers, flashlights, or red dots.

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Copy to Clipboard
    -- Mark Twain

With that being said I have two AR's. One stock and one with an eotech, BUIS, Hogue grip, M4 handguard etc....If the SHTF which one am I grabbing? Neither. I am grabbing my Arsenal SLR-106f AK in 5.56!!!! Ak's are proof that communism is good for something.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom