• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Nice looking rifle. Shoots as nice as it looks

If you shoot off a bench in fair weather you may never be disappointed by a Savage. Use one hard and the differences will make themselves known.

I couldn't disagree with this more. I camped out on the prairie for a week, shot 1000 rounds with minimal cleaning and my savage was still hitting dogs out 500-600 yrds. I didn't bed my rifle until I got back, Hell when I bought it I had less than a month to get a load developed and sighted in before I headed to South Dakota. My barrel break in was during load development.
    I'm not saying Remington's are junk I've shot some nice ones but I know Savages are not junk also

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Playing musical scopes again? Whats the review on the weaver?

The Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP with the Enhanced Mil-Dot illuminated reticle is far more scope than its price suggests. This is the scope that Weaver is trying to buy their way into the tactical market with, and at $750, they just might make a dent in that market.

The glass is superior to the new Vortex PST line, and it is actually manufactured my Light Optical Works (LOW) out of Japan. These guys make some of the NightForce components as well as others.

The reticle is a standard Mil-Dot with hash marks between each of the 1-Mill dots. It is illuminated in both green and red, and best of all... It is a First Focal Plane design, with the crosshairs being just the right thickness for each end of the magnification scale.

The new Weaver is built like a tank and is not a light scope. I'm pretty sure that if I ran out of ammo, I could unmount the scope and bludgeon my target with it.

With one of Midway USA's famous discount codes, this awsome scope could be had for under $700. Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-15x 50mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Side Focus First Focal Illuminated Enhanced Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

I hope that helps!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Everyone is different, but I couldn't begin to consider a week in the prairie with 1000 rounds "hard use".

So tell us your definition of hard use

No let me guess your posting from Afghanistan, in the mountains, on a satellite phone. And your a sniper :rolleyes:

No seriously what I described as my hard use is more than most people,I'll say 90%, on this board, heck on most boards will use their rifle for.
    I bet most people with "sniper rifles" Just take it to the range and shoot from a bench at paper. Which I don't have a problem with, I do that 98% of the time, I like to see how small of a target I can hit at varying ranges.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I don't measure myself by what most people do, as most people don't really do much.

Having hunted a number of different terrains I would have to say saltwater exposure and numerous freeze/thaws salted across the duration of the hunt, has broken more rifles in my hands and those of others hunting with me, than anything else. Any good rifle will process round after round with no perceptible impact apart from bore wear.

If I hadn't broken many Savages, I'd just shoot them instead.

Top Bottom