• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Not my cup-o-tea but INGOer MarioMarietta raves about them.

Doublestar makes great AR's and AR products. They also own J&T distributing and ACE stocks. Doublestar is also a military contractor for parts and accessories that they produce, for all 4 branches. They also manufacture the m4 stock that you find on many of the popular AR brands (Rock River, Stag, etc.) The reason Mario is such a big fan is because he works for the family, and has seen their quality control first hand. I have a billet lower in my safe just waiting to be built.:yesway:

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    197617_10150108167425847_659605846_6431046_6210362_n.jpg

1/2 the ar bug. new handgrip on the way.

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    thanks!

Wow, thanks for the info, that looks pretty dern easy really, thanks for the video, that helped a LOT! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    There is nothing wrong with olympic, dpms, rock river and stag. R guns has good deals on AR's. The AR platform is a good range and hunting gun.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    To be honest, I have been looking at Bud's website since I can jump around between manufacturers. IN MY PRICE RANGE, I keep coming back to the Olympic Arms K3B M4. I suppose the Stag SA1 is another one too.

I read all the reviews on Bud's site about Olympic and it seems almost everyone likes/is happy with their Olympic. If I go to AR specific forums EVERYONE trashes the hell out of them.:dunno: What's up with that?

:DOther than Ruger, I am NOT a gun snob.:D I don't need or want to pay for a "top tier" AR. My first one will be my "learner", and I don't really want to buy used.

Last edited:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Why not consider a used rifle? I would venture to say that most used AR's out there for private sell have very low round count. There are alot of guys who "panic bought" 2 years ago and are now selling them for one reason or another. This way you can have a rifle you want the same day you hold it if you buy local. just my .02

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I LOVE my Oly K3b. I don't know how any of their other rifles perform, but mine is awesome! It's not like mine sits in the safe all the time either. It gets shot a bit and I could not be happier with it.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well I went and did it.... I bought an AR today.:rockwoot:I bought it at Bradis. It's a DPMS A3. I know I've been saying I wanted an A2 but finally decided a flat top does make more sense. NOW I have to round up a front and rear sight. I mounted up a cheap illuminated recticle scope I had setting around and will just use it to break it in with.

Thanks again to everyone at Bradis.:yesway:

khangoc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    WHOO flat top is win! Glad you took my advice on the flat top. After you left that night, I think I gave you some BS info. I think I remember saying that the M4 profile barrel was simply for weight savings (it's not). I was thinking gov't profile and medium contour. The M4 carbine profile is specifically cut for the M203 (which you asked). Sorry about that.

Rear sights, I love my MATECH as it's the US Army standard issue. Troy and ARMS seems to be the ultimate though.

tb8520

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Very nice rifles. Can't go wrong with one of these. I have an Anvil Arms myself but they are no longer in business so spikes would be my second choice. Many attachments to lay on these babies so don't open that wallet too far.

Top Bottom