• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm with ya 100%. Fortunately for me the roads around here are really well maintained and since it's just a commuter and not something I plan on taking out for joy rides I'm really tempted in spite of their shortcomings. I miss my Road King but I've always liked the look of a nice sportster.
    View attachment 189262
    That’s 2 levels above nice right there.
    I have a friend that raced one very similar to this. It was the dual carb factory model with some mods. He did well on it.
    I ride it and yes it was lightning fast. Still rode like a Brama bull. :lmfao:

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I ran over a possum one time while riding my cycle. So, there is that to consider. Not trying to talk you out of it but you might wanna think twice phylo.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My dad has totaled 2 bikes by hitting deer. 1 of them was less than 20 miles from me in a tree stand not seeing anything. He got a deer with his bike. I got nothing that season.

Buy the sporty. Ride it. If you don't like it, get something different. I like the cool bobber look. I was going to have one built a few years ago taking the engine and transmission off a Buell I bought. Decided against it. Sold the Buell, kept the bagger.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Not to be THAT GUY or anything, and I’m sure you already know this, but the drivers today are much more distracted than they were in 08. Every single time I get on the bike I almost get hit. I had a guy run a stop sign and almost t bone me, luckily I had the foresight and awareness that this dick wasn’t slowing, so I already made my way to the edge of the shoulder/grass and laid on the horn. Once he realized he swerved into oncoming traffic and swerved to miss a head on collision, he ended up in the grass off the other side of the road.

I don’t want anything bad to happen to you, I’ve grown fond of reading your comments and enjoy your knowledge on outdoor topics. I like your passion about the country and your willingness to express your true feelings. Please, be careful and stay aware.

Maybe we can get an ingo ride together this year or something, if I can get away from work long enough!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    They did. In the pic it has your patient id # and sex of patient. Where it says sex it doesn’t have a “m” or “f” but a “u” instead. Don’t know why that stood out to me, my brain works in mysterious ways :)
    The techs have to be careful to "assign" anything during this bad period of time.
    I'm fused there and L1 thru S1 which need a revision plus have a partial humerous of titanium but the ball is all ti. PEEK socket. 18 spine procedures. I have a Kevlar abs to cover a major hernia too. I usually have major surgery every 2 years.
    I still ride but it is now a 350lb KTM making 125hp not an 800lb Harley making a LOT less.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Alright guys, you've changed my mind. After much thought and research I've decided on a BMW 310GS. Inexpensive, mildly offroad capable, light, nible and not quite enough oomph to get me into trouble. They're supposed to ride soft which the guys trying to run them offroad complain about but 90% of my riding will be on pavement so I'm good with it.

So now a new question...for a couple of reasons I intend to ride this thing as much as possible in place of driving my truck. This means plenty of riding in the rain and eventually the cold as well. Are there any good places around central IN to find good gear designed for motorcycling?
    Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 11.06.51 PM.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Alright guys, you've changed my mind. After much thought and research I've decided on a BMW 310GS. Inexpensive, mildly offroad capable, light, nible and not quite enough oomph to get me into trouble. They're supposed to ride soft which the guys trying to run them offroad complain about but 90% of my riding will be on pavement so I'm good with it.

So now a new question...for a couple of reasons I intend to ride this thing as much as possible in place of driving my truck. This means plenty of riding in the rain and eventually the cold as well. Are there any good places around central IN to find good gear designed for motorcycling?
    View attachment 189807

Sweet looking bike!

No offense, but I'd bet you'd ultimately be happier with about double the cc's. Also easier to find parts (OEM and aftermarket) for the bigger version and resale might be easier?

I do all of my research on forums and buy online. Revzilla, Twisted Throttle, Amazon, etc. (If nothing else read specifics on the reviews.) Cycle Outfitters is on the south side of Indy though. I'm sure the Beemer steelerships would love to help you out also. ;)

FYI - adventure sort of bikes are tall and get dropped, they just do. In the garage, in the gravel driveway, wherever. My suggestion is start off with crash bars, bark busters and spools. They have saved my plastics, paint and levers more than a few times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom