• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well folks my four month paid vacation ends Monday with perfect timing as I had a week off with the new baby. Best part I still get one more severance check in two weeks. I never doubted everything would work out, but it timed out perfectly.

Awesome!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    It has been almost a year since I was downsized. I’m still friends with a few people there. There was an issue last night there, someone posted on the Facebook page complaining. I figured I knew exactly what happened. I texted a former coworker about something else and the issue. Apparently the guy over that department commented that it wouldn’t have happened if I was still there.

also almost 8 months into my new job. The drive sucks, the shift is bad for family time, and the pay is not great. Worst part is that I can’t enjoy sundays with my family (church is doable if we get to the early service but not able to go out to eat after). Still debating if I will stay.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It has been almost a year since I was downsized. I’m still friends with a few people there. There was an issue last night there, someone posted on the Facebook page complaining. I figured I knew exactly what happened. I texted a former coworker about something else and the issue. Apparently the guy over that department commented that it wouldn’t have happened if I was still there.

also almost 8 months into my new job. The drive sucks, the shift is bad for family time, and the pay is not great. Worst part is that I can’t enjoy sundays with my family (church is doable if we get to the early service but not able to go out to eat after). Still debating if I will stay.

Those are problems I wish I had right now.

11/02 marks one year since my layoff and I've been actively searching since 08/22 of last year.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    May I ask what is it you do for a living? and in what counties.

You may!

Currently I am an adjunct instructor at our state's community college, which is only part time. My full time job was as a project manager and account manager for a company that provided testing services for K-12. I supported a product that tests English proficiency in Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing. I can do tech writing and I've revised and updated a lot of documentation both internal and customer-facing, as well as created a lot of customized instructions and quick starts guides for specific customers and for colleagues working on projects for me. I've got pretty good Excel skills and I'm a good problem solver. My degrees are in mechanical engineering, but I have no recent relevant experience in that field.

I live in Montgomery County, but I can go anywhere in a triangle made by Greencastle to Lafayette to Indianapolis.

Here is my LinkedIn Profile if you want to take a look.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Id rather not deal w the hassle again. The state had my unemployment screwed up. Starting overr sucked. Finally at OK money but zero job satisfaction. Plus it isnt the most healthy place to work. Insurance good so w a sick kid that worth it.

But it still sucks. My prev job was way better.

Just life I guess. Could be worse.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Id rather not deal w the hassle again. The state had my unemployment screwed up. Starting overr sucked. Finally at OK money but zero job satisfaction. Plus it isnt the most healthy place to work. Insurance good so w a sick kid that worth it.

But it still sucks. My prev job was way better.

Just life I guess. Could be worse.

It never gets easy!

Top Bottom