• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The rookie I am currently training spilled Mt. Dew all over my department issued laptop computer (another story :n00b:) so I dropped it off last Saturday for repair. Got the call on Friday 10/22 to pick it up. The agency that handles our computer system is located in the City-county building (CCB). Went down there about 11am. Off-duty so I was in street clothes and driving my wife's suburban assault vehicle (minivan). I was armed with my G36 and 1 extra mag in my pocket.

Picked up my laptop and chatted with the technician for a minute. The computer repair gurus are on the 3rd floor, so I rode the elevator down to the 1st floor. 4 other people on the elevator when I got on, 3 females and 1 male. When the elevator reached the 1st floor the doors opened up and one of the local bums was standing in the hallway. I have seen him several times before around the CCB but have never had any interaction with him. When the doors open I move to exit the elevator. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was common practice to let everyone else off before someone got on. Well apparently the bum didn't know the common practice and tried to walk through me to get on the elevator. I'm 6'6"/230 lbs. Not all muscle and Billy Badass, but I'm no McFly either. Bum is about 5'11/170. He shoulder bumps me, or tries to, and I continue walking out of the elevator but don't push my shoulder forward to be the aggressor. I knock him back a foot or so and as soon as I get past him he takes a cheap shot and shoves me from behind. It wasn't a very good shove so I keep walking out of the elevator and go into the hallway. He starts mouthing me, saying "**** you *****" but he makes no attempt to come after me, and I don't make any attempt to go back after him. I turned around and told him that common courtesy means waiting to get on an elevator after everyone else is off and left it at that, with him still cussing me as I walked away. No drawdown, no blading at 45 degrees, and no beating him within an inch of his life (but the thought certainly crossed my mind).

The 4 other people that were already on the elevator when I got on were like :n00b: . I doubt I could have counted on any of them to come to my rescue had I been getting the **** kicked out of me. I could have pushed the issue and arrested the guy for battery, but I really didn't want to make it all that deep and miss hanging out with my daughter during her fall break.

Just thought I would share my "excitement". (Sorry for all the " " and ( ) ). ;)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    . No drawdown, no blading at 45 degrees, and no beating him within an inch of his life (but the thought certainly crossed my mind).

. I could have pushed the issue and arrested the guy for battery, but I really didn't want to make it all that deep and miss hanging out with my daughter during her fall break.

Just thought I would share my "excitement". (Sorry for all the " " and ( ) ). ;)
    It's all lies!!! There is no way you passed up an oppurtunity to stomp around in your jack boots.;)

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    good idea, life has already kick the crap out of this guy, eating out of garbage cans, begging for money, teeth rotting to the core.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    When the elevator reached the 1st floor the doors opened up and one of the local bums was standing in the hallway. I have seen him several times before around the CCB but have never had any interaction with him.

By "bum," do you mean a temporarily economically disadvantaged individual, or do you mean lawyer?
    :):

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The CCB is a craphole pretty much. But I've also noticed the very same lack of elevator courtesy in decent hotels in different cities.

I guess there should be diagrams for some of these self important idiots.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    You were lucky this time Frank. It is not uncommon to have near death experiences on the elevators in the CCB due to ghettofabulous perfume or the sickly smell of crack breath and zombie glassy eyes. You had a successful interpersonal interaction with "the public". Make sure you let the sensitivity training representative know you reached out to someone because you care and you might get to skip this month's meeting with the Baptist Ministers.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    You obviously represented everything that is keeping that poor gentlemen from achieving true success in life. Now you denied him the fame that comes with claiming police brutality.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I had a dream where Jesus was a dirty old bum, and I was about to sock him in the face because, well he's a dirty old bum, but then I thought, there's something special about him...

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Good for you

It's all lies!!! There is no way you passed up an oppurtunity to stomp around in your jack boots.;)

Superpowers come with wearing the uniform, he was in civies.

That is one of my major peeves, people who try to cram into an elevator before people get off...just how do they figure that is going to work if they end up between the door and the people trying to get off. Some people have their head so far up their backside it is unreal. /soapbox

Perhaps another citizen has been enlightened to common courtesy :dunno:

Glad you didn't have to stomp a mud hole in the guy.

Top Bottom