• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    No what you should have done was, handcuffed a skunk to the bum....oh boy, oh boy....imagine what it would smell like by the time they reach the 4th floor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    The rookie I am currently training spilled Mt. Dew all over my department issued laptop computer (another story :n00b:) so I dropped it off last Saturday for repair. Got the call on Friday 10/22 to pick it up. The agency that handles our computer system is located in the City-county building (CCB). Went down there about 11am. Off-duty so I was in street clothes and driving my wife's suburban assault vehicle (minivan). I was armed with my G36 and 1 extra mag in my pocket.

Picked up my laptop and chatted with the technician for a minute. The computer repair gurus are on the 3rd floor, so I rode the elevator down to the 1st floor. 4 other people on the elevator when I got on, 3 females and 1 male. When the elevator reached the 1st floor the doors opened up and one of the local bums was standing in the hallway. I have seen him several times before around the CCB but have never had any interaction with him. When the doors open I move to exit the elevator. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was common practice to let everyone else off before someone got on. Well apparently the bum didn't know the common practice and tried to walk through me to get on the elevator. I'm 6'6"/230 lbs. Not all muscle and Billy Badass, but I'm no McFly either. Bum is about 5'11/170. He shoulder bumps me, or tries to, and I continue walking out of the elevator but don't push my shoulder forward to be the aggressor. I knock him back a foot or so and as soon as I get past him he takes a cheap shot and shoves me from behind. It wasn't a very good shove so I keep walking out of the elevator and go into the hallway. He starts mouthing me, saying "**** you *****" but he makes no attempt to come after me, and I don't make any attempt to go back after him. I turned around and told him that common courtesy means waiting to get on an elevator after everyone else is off and left it at that, with him still cussing me as I walked away. No drawdown, no blading at 45 degrees, and no beating him within an inch of his life (but the thought certainly crossed my mind).

The 4 other people that were already on the elevator when I got on were like :n00b: . I doubt I could have counted on any of them to come to my rescue had I been getting the **** kicked out of me. I could have pushed the issue and arrested the guy for battery, but I really didn't want to make it all that deep and miss hanging out with my daughter during her fall break.

Just thought I would share my "excitement". (Sorry for all the " " and ( ) ). ;)

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS YOU???????

It's a good thing you didnt attempt to beat me up, I nos the karate boy.... :laugh:

I know Indy Police are pretty lax, but wtf. Should've pulled out your wallet and beat the brains out of him for attempting to rob you.

On a serious note, Im glad you were able t keep your cool and be with family, takes a real man to put family before self-pride brother.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Probably good to keep your cool and not make a mountain out of a mole hill. But you should probably make sure he knows he is on your radar when you are in uniform.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Are u sure that you really saw a bum or was it just a scruffy dude with anarchy in his heart?

If you were in uniform with the Jack boots on would you have done anything different?

Old bum spice is really nasty so good thing it didn't rub off on ya.

It could have gotten really ugly so I would have rather you locked him up instead of reinforcing the fact that it is ok to push and shove people out of ignorance.

Next time he might shank someone instead.

Glad you survived and enjoyed your day instead of making the world a safer place.lol

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Are u sure that you really saw a bum or was it just a scruffy dude with anarchy in his heart?

I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference.

If you were in uniform with the Jack boots on would you have done anything different?

He probably would have taken a ride in the wagon and I would have earned a couple of hours of OT doing the paperwork.

It could have gotten really ugly so I would have rather you locked him up instead of reinforcing the fact that it is ok to push and shove people out of ignorance.

Next time he might shank someone instead.

Glad you survived and enjoyed your day instead of making the world a safer place.lol

If he does shank someone I'll let you know so you can say "I told you so!"

I did enjoy the rest of my day, isn't that the most important thing? You wouldn't want me getting pissed off and taking it out on someone that didn't deserve it, would you?

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I did enjoy the rest of my day, isn't that the most important thing? You wouldn't want me getting pissed off and taking it out on someone that didn't deserve it, would you?

YAY!!!! I'm glad Frank is happy, he works nights close to the area where I live. I honestly do feel safer that he's out there.

He's one funny dude as well.

We still need to do a ride along.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Lol Frank

Dude as long as you're happy we're happy. It is safer that way since you have the bling and the bracelets

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    It's sad, seems like that type of behavior is seen more and more. I'd say you did the right thing Frank. After some thinking of the incident he may have realized he was in the wrong, and the favor you did him by at least not stomping his guts out and been apologetic and sorry for his behavior. Maybe he even turned around and did something nice for someone else. Maybe.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    nice restraint frank most would have taken the opertunity to relice some stress lol

Top Bottom