I was attacked by a charging hissing kitten today!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    OMG!!!

I heard some strange noises laying in bed last night and got up to investigate.

I have two temperature controlled ventilation vents with fans in my foundation to keep the crawl space properly ventilated and keep moisture down.

As I was doing my walk-around with my Springfield Armory XD 40 Service Model loaded with Federal HydroShocks with my Surefire with Strike Bezel in my support hand I noticed the screen in one of the vent was broken.

Assuming I had a Raccoon or worse now trapped under my house I went to the garage and got the Live Catch Trap. I armed the trap and put an open can of Chicken of the Sea Tuna (In Water) in the trap and removed what was left of the mesh screen, and broken fan assembly.

Fast forward to this morning.

I checked the trap and I'll be damned if the Tuna wasn't gone and nothing in the trap.

I rearmed the trap and made sure it worked this time.

19:23 I hear what sounds like screaming coming from outside, again I arm myself. This time I grab the Mossberg 500 with 18.5" barrel and mounted Surefire and go out to investigate.

I see eyes in the trap!!!

I got the little ringtailed bandit!!!

As I get closer I see this pretty little White and gray tigerstripped kitty.

I lean the Mossberg against the house and put on my leather gloves, Kitty settles down as I open the trap and retrieve it. Kitty is purring as I am holding it and petting it.

I take the Kitten with me as I go to the Garage and get the piece of plywood I precut to cover the vent until I can replace it. Kitten is now following me around, figure I will take it to the barn tomorrow and have a new barn cat.

I round the corner of the house and all of a sudden I am in fear for my life!!! Myself and my new found kitten are attacked!!!

This huge (had to be 2 pounds or more) furry brown ball of pissed offedness attacks my kitten, I reach down and separate them. Thank God I am still wearing the leather gloves. I pick up my furball and grab the Mossberg shaking from the Adrenaline Dump, I consider taking aim at the attacker but then I reconsider.

I figure I should ask INGO what I should do. Keep in mind I am way outside of town limits, I have chickens, and I am now in fear for my life.

By the way the cute furball is spending the night in my barn, it loved the warmth of the hay bales and my big tom didn't seem to mind.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    So you're asking if you'd be legally right to shoot the cat? Am I right?

:D

I figure that would take less time then repairing the vent, after all in the 8 years I have lived her my Pitbull has never gotten into the crawspace and escaped through the vent, it is obviously the kitten fault.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I saw nothing that showed you were in fear for your life. Next time, fire a warning shot into the ground and then call the police to let them know what happened. Oh yeah, and fix the crawlspace!

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    But remember, you'd be totally justified if you did choose to shot the kitten cause it's the owner's fault it's out

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I saw nothing that showed you were in fear for your life. Next time, fire a warning shot into the ground and then call the police to let them know what happened. Oh yeah, and fix the crawlspace!

Call Five O for a hissing Kitten???? Yeah I can see that going over real well. Maybe I could get Frank and Denny to show up for the call and they could just bash its tiny furry head with their pretty shiny boots.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Call Five O for a hissing Kitten???? Yeah I can see that going over real well. Maybe I could get Frank and Denny to show up for the call and they could just bash its tiny furry head with their pretty shiny boots.

last thing he wants to do is document that the cat was anywhere near his house...deny deny deny....

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm pretty sure I've read in the Constitution that all cats, regardless of location, can and should be shot at will. Smoke them dudes:ar15:

I did see a video one time of a cat that went nuts on a animal control worker. Wrapped around the dude's legs and clamped a bite down right on the inner thigh! That vid reinforced my belief that all cats should die:D

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    That vid reinforced my belief that all cats should die:D

A couple barn cats serve their purpose I make sure they have water and enough food to get by and they supplement their diet with all the mice they can catch out in the barn. They are happy and so am I. I hope this new one is a male or else it will have to go I don't want 300 barn cats.

Top Bottom