I wish some of the people posting ads were not insane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This conversation has been had before.....

As a seller, it is their right to make the price whatever they would like to. Whether it is $20 under value, or $900 over value. You, as a buyer have the equal right to NOT buy their item.

-End Rant.

THIS ^^^^^^^
    I've seen some good deals and have also seen some crazy prices. It is my option to respond to either the way I see fit. You can either buy an item or pass on it, your choice :ingo: :patriot: :popcorn:.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I started my WTT ad with "high ambitions" to see if anyone had something specific to trade. Now I have it set where you offer me anything and I think about if I want it :dunno:

There is a nice MAS 49/56 in the classifieds but that scope is throwing the price off by a lot :(

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My feelings exactly. Besides pricing, I have ran into one other thing recently that has me scratching my head. When someone posts an ad, and I respond to it no more than two hours later, I then get a reply from their phone stating that they will be out of town for three days. Why post something for sale locally if you're not going to be around for interested parties?

Some of us have lives that preclude us being around for your convenience. If you want the item, 2 or 3 days shouldn't be too long to be patient. We put it up when we have time. Or maybe when we have access to the item for photos.
    WAAAAAAAH!:dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    And for a subject that has been beat to death a video of Dancing Monkeys doing River Dance.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2nVL1-XFk[/ame]

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If people will pay it, why not?

Plus, what one person perceives to be above retail might be different for someone else.

I used to see people on here all the time suggesting you shouldn't pay over $120 for a Mosin Nagant M44, when in reality $150-200 was average. (and it's gone up since)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm pretty disappointed in this thread. It turned out to be a big rehash of a discussion that was long ago beat to death here. See, I saw the word "insane" and thought I was missing out on some awesome ads. I was picturing some member trying to sell statues of Elvis made out of cat poop, or demanding football helmets full of cottage cheese in exchange for their 10/22. Let down indeed...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think the government should put out a fixed price guide for all private transactions. Under or over priced items are being used as a weapon against buyers and sellers. It's causing injury to tgeir investments.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes, I am aware the topic has been posted before.
    4 pages over night? Guess it still rings a tone with folks anyway.

Now what did I do with that football helmet full of cottage cheese on the tampon pedistal...

I agree with the post that the no call out rule in the classifieds kinda sucks and I am also a general smart ass, so when I see someone selling WWB at $30 a box and bragging that it is cheaper than walmart, yes I very much want to post to that thread with a link to cabelas every day price for the same box at $27.99. It's just f-ing irritating.

I am also of the opinion that most of these FTF deals are far more of a pain in the ass and take more time than just buying the stuff at a store or online retailer.
    bump...
    great deal!!!
    still here...
    free lube with purchase...

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Yes, I am aware the topic has been posted before.
    4 pages over night? Guess it still rings a tone with folks anyway.

Now what did I do with that football helmet full of cottage cheese on the tampon pedistal...

I agree with the post that the no call out rule in the classifieds kinda sucks and I am also a general smart ass, so when I see someone selling WWB at $30 a box and bragging that it is cheaper than walmart, yes I very much want to post to that thread with a link to cabelas every day price for the same box at $27.99. It's just f-ing irritating.

I am also of the opinion that most of these FTF deals are far more of a pain in the ass and take more time than just buying the stuff at a store or online retailer.
    bump...
    great deal!!!
    still here...
    free lube with purchase...

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom