• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, this is embarrassing, and infuriating... .
    The auction company had not called .e by noon, so I called them asking about payment.
    I was told, although I had the highest bid, there was a reserve that has not been met, so the property did not sell!
    There was no mention of it reserve on the mobile page I was using.
    Auction company said the property was going to relist as a private sale, with a reserve price of more than 6 figures OVER high bid.

They had 85 bids on this property in a full month of open bidding and the high bid, my high bid, on reached $215k.
    Now they say they are going to list it with a starting asking price of $350k.

I have no words to describe how I feel today

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, this is embarrassing, and infuriating... .
    The auction company had not called .e by noon, so I called them asking about payment.
    I was told, although I had the highest bid, there was a reserve that has not been met, so the property did not sell!
    There was no mention of it reserve on the mobile page I was using.
    Auction company said the property was going to relist as a private sale, with a reserve price of more than 6 figures OVER high bid.

They had 85 bids on this property in a full month of open bidding and the high bid, my high bid, on reached $215k.

Man, that sounds shady as hell Mgderf! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wonder if there's any legal action that could be taken to make them sell it to you at the agreed upon price since the auction site didn't mention a reserve.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Man, that sounds shady as hell Mgderf! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wonder if there's any legal action that could be taken to make them sell it to you at the agreed upon price since the auction site didn't mention a reserve.
    They claim it was listed on the web site
    The mobile app I used made no mention of a reserve.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary

auction company should at least buy you dinner first

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Sorry to hear that. I lost out on a piece of property last year too after I thought everything was locked up. Turns out a handshake isn't worth what they used to be. He actually sold it for less than we agreed on to a buddy.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    My wife and I spent more than planned on our property. That was 25 years ago. It's worked out great and we're very happy we did. The extra money is long forgotten but I suppose it could have gone either way.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Wow ! that sounds great!! Congrats!!! Till I read the rest of the post...Sorry man, that sucks pond water, Prayers from all of us for a good outcome!!!

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Man, I hate to see you got a raw deal there Mgderf. You seem like a good guy that had something going there for you. Keep your head up and carry on. Adapt and overcome.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Something weird is going on.
    I just looked at the closed auction page and it now reads, " price realized, not uploaded".
    Wtf?
    I think I got robbed
    Does that mean it was sold but not to you?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Does that mean it was sold but not to you?
    Kind of what it sounds like to me.
    I sat on that auction watching every second tick off for the last 18 minutes.
    My bid was the only bid during that time, and held the "high bid" status on the auction page through the time of closing.

Top Bottom