I Wonder if the Officer Feeels Like a Real Man Now...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I can't really get too angry with the cop here. If the guy was being violent the cop was justified in taking him down. The fact the man got hurt isn't sufficient reason to conclude excessive force was used. When you're 84, you break easily.

Also, some guys don't look 84. I play tennis with a few guys who look strong, fit, and much younger than their years.

I'd have to know more before I criticized the cops on this one.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    im having a hard time getting upset over this as well. he put his hands on the cop 3 times and said "im not leaving here till i knock this cop out" that is conveying a message of violence. Im sorry he was hurt but he should have shut up and kept his hands to himself.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Interesting to read the comments from readers. They run just about like the comments we read here. Not much sympathy for the cop's situation, & no consideration of the injured man's actions and threats. I guess the cop could have tased him...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    If he was in his 80's and a vet, he should have been smart enough to not touch or smart off with the cop. I think I would even be ok if the officer shot him. America has no need for stupid people.

+1 to the officer for not taking crap from some old drunk

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If he was in his 80's and a vet, he should have been smart enough to not touch or smart off with the cop. I think I would even be ok if the officer shot him. America has no need for stupid people.

+1 to the officer for not taking crap from some old drunk

Is there a bridge near here? Anyone see a mythical creature around?

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    From the sounds of it a hip check wasn't needed, but that is a result you should expect when threatening a cop either directly or in his presence. Also, as the saying about throwing stones in a glass house go, the same can be said when you are able to take injury well. Don't try an pick fights - hell even if you do take injury well, don't try to pick fights. People don't decide on weapons of choice prior to fights anymore so you never know what you'll be up against.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    if they would have just waited another 20 minutes he would have fallen asleep. after all that adrenaline and booze, he was surely ready for a nap. no need to take down an old guy, it just looks bad.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    He got mad after he walked outside and saw his car was getting towed. He apparently parked in a grocery store parking lot and walked to the bar, the grocery store owner called the tow truck because he wasn't shopping there.

That part kind of sucks.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    No sorrow here for the old man. Three times?!! Come on. That officer showed more restraint than I would have.

He wasn't hurt for a parking violation. He ended up being hurt for battering a LEO. Had the officer tazed him people would have been sniveling over that also. IMO the risk for injury is greater going hands on than with the tazer.

My advice to the old timer is to pick your fights wisely and don't be touching/threatening a LEO when he is performing his/her duties.. Bet he reconsiders next time.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    He got mad after he walked outside and saw his car was getting towed. He apparently parked in a grocery store parking lot and walked to the bar, the grocery store owner called the tow truck because he wasn't shopping there.

That part kind of sucks.

What sucks? That he got mad because his car was getting towed or because the owner of the store had it towed? If the latter, why? We're apparently not talking about a public street here; we're talking about a private parking lot which was posted.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    No sorrow here for the old man. Three times?!! Come on. That officer showed more restraint than I would have.quote]

So you would have done more than break his neck? You need to find a new job if you have to do more than break an old man's neck to put him in his place.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    No sorrow here for the old man. Three times?!! Come on. That officer showed more restraint than I would have.

He wasn't hurt for a parking violation. He ended up being hurt for battering a LEO. Had the officer tazed him people would have been sniveling over that also. IMO the risk for injury is greater going hands on than with the tazer.

My advice to the old timer is to pick your fights wisely and don't be touching/threatening a LEO when he is performing his/her duties.. Bet he reconsiders next time.

Now that I think more about it, your advice to the old timer applies equally to anyone confronting me (a non-LEO). Don't lay hands on me and/or threaten me if you don't want me to respond in kind.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What sucks? That he got mad because his car was getting towed or because the owner of the store had it towed? If the latter, why? We're apparently not talking about a public street here; we're talking about a private parking lot which was posted.

That doesn't suck to you? Getting your car towed doesn't suck? That's odd...

Have you ever gone to a small pizza place to pick up a pizza? Say they only have 2-3 parking places, all full. Do you just go back home? Wait for the sit-down eaters to finish their meals, get into their cars and leave before you go in to pick up your ice cold pizza, or do you park in a different business' parking spot?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    if they would have just waited another 20 minutes he would have fallen asleep. after all that adrenaline and booze, he was surely ready for a nap. no need to take down an old guy, it just looks bad.

Thats was I was thinking. The old coot probably doesn't have any stamina. Give him a few minutes to wear out and he'd be like a sack of taters. Granted the old dude shouldn't have been been touching the cop but I think a hip toss is a little much.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Until cancer ravaged him the last few months of his life, Cathy's grandfather was 6' 200 pounds of badass. He chopped and stacked wood darned near every day, had biceps the size of my thighs, hiked and scouted the mountains around his house darned near every day. Strong as an ox, and could go all day.

He was an 85 y/o vet. And if he'd said he was going to knock a cop out, the cop would have been well advised to put him on his butt as fast as he could, however he could, unless said cop wanted a nap. Not that it was an issue. Pap-pap wasn't a drunken, obnoxious fool.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    That doesn't suck to you? Getting your car towed doesn't suck? That's odd...

Have you ever gone to a small pizza place to pick up a pizza? Say they only have 2-3 parking places, all full. Do you just go back home? Wait for the sit-down eaters to finish their meals, get into their cars and leave before you go in to pick up your ice cold pizza, or do you park in a different business' parking spot?

Frankly, I'm surprised to see you standing up against a property owner's right to use his property as he pleases, and standing up for individual irresponsibility - unless you're just commiserating with someone who asked for trouble more than once and got what he was asking for.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Frankly, I'm surprised to see you standing up against a property owner's right to use his property as he pleases, and standing up for individual irresponsibility - unless you're just commiserating with someone who asked for trouble more than once and got what he was asking for.

So, cold pizza for you, I guess?

Yes, I am absolutely for property rights. If the grocery store owner was in absolute need for that single parking spot, sure, call the tow truck. But if he was just being a jerk, then I feel like it was uncalled for, but as you pointed out, it wasn't my property, so my opinion doesn't matter.

That man was being irresponsible after he saw his car getting towed, that's the only reason I brought it up.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    If he was in his 80's and a vet, he should have been smart enough not to smart off with the cop.
    this is clASSic ..........
    Since when is "smarting off " to a cop illegal?
    Dont smart of Ol, timer ill snap your neck :yesway:

I think I would even be ok if the officer shot him. America has no need for stupid people.
    YES ..... very good point...( sarcasm) no need for stupid people.... lets just line em up like hitler did.
    Think you would be in the smart people group ??????????:n00b:

Top Bottom