I Wonder if the Officer Feeels Like a Real Man Now...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    This is Cause and Effect, simple. Cause: He parked in a no parking area and his car was towed.

So take it a step further back. If he didn't park where he wasn't supposed to, then he wouldn't have been towed.

If my neighbors are having a party, should they park in my driveway just because they ran out of room? What if i'm on vacation? Does it matter? I say, he's a moron. He deserved to have his car towed. He escalated a situation that was his fault to begin with.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What if it was a guy in a wheelchair or he was missing a limb? How about if it was a 14 year old girl?

Would any of those conditions change anything?

The tow truck driver said the guy was not strong enough to even hurt him
    though he hit him 3 times.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    From the article:

"Police say Daley made a fist and said ‘I'm not leaving until I knock this cop out.’"

Well, Lord knows no cop has ever lied, especially after doing something that might upset people :rolleyes:

Some witnesses said that Daley only put his hands on the officer¿s shoulders in a non-aggressive manner and that the officer picked up the man, turned him over in the air and slammed him down to the ground head first. The officer wrote in his report that he felt that he was in eminent danger and used the push bar method to take Daley down.
    The cop that did the suplex was the only cop on the scene to say "Daley made a fist and said 'I'm not leaving until I knock this cop out."

Edit...

Translation: That's our boy's story and we stick with it until there is proof otherwise. The blue line wagon train is circled.

For those who would have dropped the old man...if a 5 year old girl runs up and hits you 2, 5, or even 20 times and it doesn't hurt, are you going to kick her ass in self defense?

Sorry, defense requires a threat. With the exception of the cop's story, none of the eyewitness accounts (including the tow truck driver who was actually hit) characterize this guy, ******* though he may be, as a threat of causing physical harm.

Edit 2...

dross...to answer your question, if it were a citizen rather than a cop with these results, you would probably see several felony charges against the slammer.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I was answering the question that was asked regarding who said he threatened the cop. The cop said it. Whether you believe him or not has nothing to do with my answer.

Actually, you responded to the following question:

So, how do we know that the old man threatened to punch him?

which is entirely different than "who said".

How do we know = on what basis is the alleged fact established. Maybe your statement above outlines your intent in your response and your understanding of the question being asked.

That being said, my point was that we don't know that the old man attempted to hit the officer. The cop may be telling the truth and nothing but.

As stated in similar threads, hopefully the truth comes out and justice is served based on that truth.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Actually, you responded to the following question:

which is entirely different than "who said".

How do we know = on what basis is the alleged fact established. Maybe your statement above outlines your intent in your response and your understanding of the question being asked.

That being said, my point was that we don't know that the old man attempted to hit the officer. The cop may be telling the truth and nothing but.

As stated in similar threads, hopefully the truth comes out and justice is served based on that truth.

Actually, there is a lot we don't know about this whole case; all we have is what was reported (and I hope we know how accurate reporters are) and we are all speculating based on our own biases and suppositions.

Top Bottom