• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If your intent is to "hydrate", nothing will do so as well as water. Nothing.

Yep sortof. "hydration" is meant to keep water in the system which shibumiseeker is getting at by discussing the electrolytes. When I have a dehydrated patient, I don't give them water in the IV, I give them saline (0.9% sodium chloride). You need an equal balance of the electrolytes or your kidneys will try to make up the difference, or your brain will make you eat salty things.

Eat a balanced diet, plenty of water, and be reasonable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I try to drink as much water as possible (thank you Que.) It sounds as if I am throwing it down too fast, as I have to pee all the time. How do you folks pace yourself?

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Yep sortof. "hydration" is meant to keep water in the system which shibumiseeker is getting at by discussing the electrolytes. When I have a dehydrated patient, I don't give them water in the IV, I give them saline (0.9% sodium chloride). You need an equal balance of the electrolytes or your kidneys will try to make up the difference, or your brain will make you eat salty things. Eat a balanced diet, plenty of water, and be reasonable.
    That's why I enjoy a 1000 mls. of normal saline over ice with a twist of lime. Shaken, not stirred.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    And a day and a half later you are all getting no caffeine headaches that hurt like hammered hell.
    Day 26 for me... quit cold turkey. I could drink about 4-7 cans of soda a day. First week was a bad week. After making it through that I have been falling asleep way easier and sleeping better as well.

Here in the next few days I'll allow myself a drink every couple days but no more then one every 2-3 days.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Day 26 for me... quit cold turkey. I could drink about 4-7 cans of soda a day. First week was a bad week. After making it through that I have been falling asleep way easier and sleeping better as well.

Here in the next few days I'll allow myself a drink every couple days but no more then one every 2-3 days.
    2 or 3 cups of black coffee in the AM. That is it for intentional Caffeine intake for me. Water/Gatorade/Orange Juice the rest of the day. Whole milk with meals.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Only tea I drink is Arnold Palmer Zero... has absolutely nothing in it, which essentially makes it equivalent to water, yeah?

Until I use it as a mixer and turn it into a John Daly.

First golf humor I've come across since joining. Excellent :yesway:

EDIT: I didnt realize that a John Daly drink was a thing until googling.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like to add a quarter wedge of lemon to each bottle of water (24oz.) Is that good/bad to do with all of the 3-4 bottles I drink a day?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My grandpappy's cousin Earl Joe taught me how to stay hydrated when I was a youngin.

Aw0ZnaV.jpg

Top Bottom