Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I agree. I hate large dogs :rolleyes:
    Meet Barney Fife. My 130 pound puppy.

7b397ce5.jpg

Lovemachine, I agree...if you are not home I am not inclined to be afraid of your shotgun. That does NOT apply to your dog! Heeesss a big Cuuuuuttiie! unless I'm a bad guy of course.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Lovemachine, I agree...if you are not home I am not inclined to be afraid of your shotgun. That does NOT apply to your dog! Heeesss a big Cuuuuuttiie! unless I'm a bad guy of course.

Thank you! He always looks out that window when he hears something. Scares the UPS man all the time.
    Here's more pictures for your enjoyment :D

9fa2a75f.jpg

46462a9a.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I prefer to have both

Bingo!

If my shotgun alerted me when someone was on my property or was there to greet me at the door when I come home, giving me peace of mind that I KNOW no uninvited guests are in my house, Oleg might have a good point.

I wonder if there are any new updates with him and Derek...I stopped bothering to care.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I hate dogs. I work in the emergency room and I see a lot of dog bites. It seems that most situations have a common thread: the bite victim is never a burglar but the owner or a friend/relative of the owner and that the statement or something similar "I never thought he/she would bite anyone." I saw a guy that had his entire top lip bitten off by his own dog. I've seen a 6 year old girl get her right ear bit almost completely off because she was sitting on the floor cuddling a small dog and the big dog got jealous. My shotgun has never done any of those. A dog doesn't have to be provoked to bite. It's an animal and people can tend to forget that. I don't blame the dogs they're animals. I blame those that forget that fact.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    We have a guard cat to which many people have an allergic reaction.

The thought being somebody would break in, bust out in hives, be unable to see, and turn around and run out crying.

It's like a biological defense.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Here is our dog...

When our first child came home from the hospital, she wouldn't leave her side.

Here our daughter is sunning (jaundice) and of course the dog is watching her
    100_2015.sized.jpg

and here she is playing on the floor... and the dog is watching her.
    100_2025.sized.jpg

We still never left them alone together.

My sister had a dog they had to get rid of (went to live with my parents) because she bit a couple of her son's friends. The dog was very protective of him, to the point where they had to lock her up to reprimand their son, and a couple times their son and his friends let the dog out (they kept her locked up when friends were over) and the dog nipped them while they were rough housing because she thought they were hurting him.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    One can stay in a trunk on hot days and still work right.

The other can work at home, even when you are not there.

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    my .02$, in my eyes, as a form of personal protection, a 140lb Rockweiler is 10x scarier than a loaded gun...the person holding the gun has control over the outcome and half of the time the person will not pull the trigger....the dog on the other hand will murder you if you so much as flinch towards it's owner if it thinks you are trying to do harm to them...and yea i feel safe wherever i go with my 9mm but a good GSD or RW would take away most of the remaining worries.....

Top Bottom