• ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Aw HAYell naw.
    I bought a lightweight snubbed nose because some man said that's what I needed.
    I didn't know any better at the time. But I have since slugged him.
    Kept the gun, though.

:rofl:

My wife's first gun was a Judge. (Before we met) Talked into it at a shop by someone who didn't spend any time finding out what she really needed/wanted/could handle. She's shot it once and hates the thing. We still have it though. I think it's a fun gun. I'd never carry it though.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My first handgun was a Springfield lightweight compact 1911. Still have it. I told a friend the other day, I wished I had never bought thing. It hooked me on 1911s and the .45 ACP. If only I had bought a tupper-gun in 9mm. It would have saved me sooooooo much money over the years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    First gun purchase? Definitely would like to do that over. 27 years ago I used my high school graduation money to buy two cheaply made black powder pistols and one even cheaper SAA replica in .22lr. Still own all three though...course all together they wouldn't bring $200.00 so not much point in selling. I wish that I would have used the money to purchase one, good quality .357 revolver. Instead I chose quantity over quality.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought a couple close together so I am not positive this was my first. But I bought a S&W 586 brand new for $350. And sold it to get a Model 29. I still have the 29, but wish I had the 586.

I have sold others that I wish I hadn't but the 586 sale stings the most. BTW, I sold it for $275 and it was perfect.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    The first handgun I bought for myself was a Remington Rand 1911A1 that I bought in 1976 (with Dad's non-monetary help) at the tender age of 14. Worked all summer mowing grass and doing odd jobs and if I remember correctly it cost me around $145.00. I later saved up and bought a Lee handloader and a one cavity mold so I could afford to shoot it. My only regret is that I don't still have that first of many 1911's I have owned.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Bought a Series 70 Colt (new) while in the Marine Corps in 1977. Had the late Don Peters tune it up, put on King-Tappan sights and had Pachmyer grips on it. I think I still have the grips but wished I'd kept the gun. It was one of the few regrets I have.

Bob

breathingsoma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    vanburen
    My first was a Walther pk380. I liked the gun it shot good, it was small number slime, very carryable but I kind of wish I would've bought my glock 21 at the time.got good money for it when I sold it though

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    bought a S&W4006, still have it sitting in my safe. It was my EDC for quite a few years, but now that the S&W MP40 is in my EDC, I haven't touched the thing for about 5 years. Don't regret it, but now think that the 1911 is my next venture if I sell it, or build an AR with the spare change.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    My first revolver was a 1917 colt. It was stamped gov. property. My dad bought two of them from a mail order gun store I think the name of the store was kleins sporting goods. I think he paid &7.50 for each one of the revolvers. They were 45ACP and used half moon clips. I shot it for a couple of years then traded it for a double barrel shotgun. It was in almost new condition at that time. Wish I still had it.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    What is that company that makes the burnt ivory grips for 1911's? My next 1911, I want to be a colt 70 series with those grips. I absolutely love stainless 1911's and ivory. Words cannot describe how beautiful that is. Set me up a tent overlooking a sunset grand canyon with a stainless and ivory 1911 and I will die a happy man.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I would stay the same...

#1 was a 6.5" Stainless Ruger Single-Six with both the .22lr and .22mag cylinders...still have it...great shooter!
    #2 was a 4" Stainless Ruger GP100 in .357...sold it in 2009 during some financial difficulties...but would buy it all over again!
    #3 was a 2.25" Ruger SP101...CC'd it for nearly 10 years! It survived the financial difficulties of 2009!

I know of several guns that I purchased over the years that I would have skipped in hindsight...and the 2.75" Ruger Security-Six I traded...I would have kept!

There's several I definitely would have skipped over...and 2-3 I would have kept...but we all live-n-learn with a little trial-n-error, right?

Top Bottom