• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On paper, I'd pick the Glock. Due to simplicity, OEM mag costs, compatibility with many AR9 platforms that use glock mags, as well as supportability as a platform, etc. That said, as others have stated, while I have been a long time Glock guy in the past I have in recent years gravitated to the M&P Compact 2.0, and the 365 for sub compact carry and even recently picked up a 320 Xcompact. (Still have all these platforms).

That said, the 320 does have some interesting characteristics for a platform (swapping grip modules, etc).

I still have several Glock 19's, but purged the 43's the 26 etc.

Personally, I seem to shoot the other guns better than the Glock 19 (but I'm not getting rid of my 19's)

Pick the one you shoot better and run with it, and likely I'd pick up a spare of it. That said, it would not be a problem for me to pick up most any striker fired pistol in a real need situation.

The fact that you have one in the mix that has a safety while the others do not would make it a bit tougher in my mind. I would want the same SOP of handling (either safety or no safety) for anything I may pick up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I neither own or shoot either platform so I would say take the one you are the best shooter on. Either one has a solid rep and is as accurate as the operator.

The decision should be and is yours.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    In my mind two schools of though.

Sig is obviously much higher in replacement cost. Glocks are everywhere and easy to replace.

If you can't replace either in terms of money or availability, and you've got to go with what you save for the foreseeable future I'd probably say Glock. Too many options to replace mags, parts, etc. I really only carry glocks because all double stack mags work in all their guns, and I have the PC Carbine from Ruger that uses those mags. The carryover between mags is a massive plus for me.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    When you are out of ammo the Glock throws farther but the Sig hits harder.

Either will work but to quote someone on here, 'it is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end...'

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When you are out of ammo the Glock throws farther but the Sig hits harder.

Either will work but to quote someone on here, 'it is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end...'

Wow. If that was said in a 1911 thread, somebody would be getting a warning. Guess it's fair game on polymer. I see nothing constructive in what you just stated or in any way helpful to the OP.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Come on people. I am on record as not liking Polymer (G****s) but we can be civil in how we let others know.

CM. I prefer steel myself. So sayeth my 1911’s in 45 and 10mm. I’m trying to come to a platform / commonality for my wife and family around the 9mm until family is ready to move up...

Also to be fair I have. Sig 1911, that will hit even harder when thrown than the poly sig...

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Simple you have two hands, I say sig in your dominate hand and glock in your non-dominate since the ergonomics all ready suck with glock....

In all seriousness I personally would carry the p320 just for ergonomics. If your fine with the ergos of the glock I do see advantages cheaper mags other platforms use glock mags and everybody carries a glock so in a shtf situation you can say "hey throw me a mag".

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    The Sig, but only because I've owned a Glock and never could shoot straight with it. Might find out the same for the Sig too, who knows, but since that's the only 2 options I'd give that one a try. My Glock was trouble free though so if one shoots it accurately it would be a solid choice.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I went through this years ago. With all the different models of Glocks, there is one for everybody in my family. That means there is familiarization with everybodies weapon. It's not a case of "moving up" in caliber either. Most in my family don't shoot much, and have no real desire to learn much more. Ease of operation and being dependable in a sufficient caliber is what drove me.
    Buy what works for you best. Opinions are like *******s, everybody has one and most stink:twocents:
    BTW, I did just acquire a couple of 1911's for myself though just in case my Glocks melt from high round counts:rolleyes:

Bob

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    thats literally why I’m wanting to go deep in one platform. Spare parts, mag sharing, familiarity, etc...

Then the answer should be obvious. If the Glock works for you and you don't think the ergonomics are bad, that's really the smartest choice. No platform out there is more supported with inexpensive parts, accessories, holsters, etc. And it's a solid, proven platform. I wish Glocks fit my hand better, but I find the ergonomics to be atrocious. That said, I do own 1 Glock, a model 34. I don't find the ergonomics to be as bad as the mid size and "baby" models, but it's still my least favorite pistol with regards to handling. The fact that I bought one without really "liking" the platform should tell you something. :)

Most people buy a pistol caliber carbine that takes Glock mags to match their Glock pistols. I actually did the opposite. I realize how universal Glock mags are becoming in the pistol caliber carbine arena, so I bought a Ruger PC9 and a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 braced pistol a couple of years ago, both which take Glock mags. So I ended up with a bunch of Glock mags for my carbines. I only recently bought a G34, just to also have a pistol that also takes Glock mags. If you ever think of buying a pistol caliber carbine, this is a huge advantage over the P320.

I love a natural grip angle, so I will never carry my G34. It sits in the safe for SHTF. My son likes it, so I have no problem tossing it to him if it's ever needed. But my holster will have my CZ P10-c or P10f in it. I've also got 3 M&Ps and am glad that I don't have to choose between them and the CZ P10 platform. Both are excellent.

The P320? Meh. Have owned a couple of them. Really good ergonomics, just not my cup of tea. Bore axis too high. Polymer seems lower quality than a Glock, M&P or CZ. Just not feeling it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Between just those 2 options, the Glock would be my choice. Slightly smaller, slightly lighter, cheap mags, good reliability, etc.

Short of just preference (which includes ergo and features), I'd have to argue that size and weight are the only real differences in the two. I'd trust my life to either of them.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Then the answer should be obvious. If the Glock works for you and you don't think the ergonomics are bad, that's really the smartest choice. No platform out there is more supported with inexpensive parts, accessories, holsters, etc. And it's a solid, proven platform. I wish Glocks fit my hand better, but I find the ergonomics to be atrocious. That said, I do own 1 Glock, a model 34. I don't find the ergonomics to be as bad as the mid size and "baby" models, but it's still my least favorite pistol with regards to handling. The fact that I bought one without really "liking" the platform should tell you something. :)

Most people buy a pistol caliber carbine that takes Glock mags to match their Glock pistols. I actually did the opposite. I realize how universal Glock mags are becoming in the pistol caliber carbine arena, so I bought a Ruger PC9 and a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 braced pistol a couple of years ago, both which take Glock mags. So I ended up with a bunch of Glock mags for my carbines. I only recently bought a G34, just to also have a pistol that also takes Glock mags. If you ever think of buying a pistol caliber carbine, this is a huge advantage over the P320.

I love a natural grip angle, so I will never carry my G34. It sits in the safe for SHTF. My son likes it, so I have no problem tossing it to him if it's ever needed. But my holster will have my CZ P10-c or P10f in it. I've also got 3 M&Ps and am glad that I don't have to choose between them and the CZ P10 platform. Both are excellent.

The P320? Meh. Have owned a couple of them. Really good ergonomics, just not my cup of tea. Bore axis too high. Polymer seems lower quality than a Glock, M&P or CZ. Just not feeling it.

Agreed, and similar to the points I was trying to make up thread, though you probably stated it better.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You want me to pick which one you should keep? Well Ok, then it’s the Glock. Wait, no, make it the Sig. Nah, the Glock. Yup, keep the Glock.

Truth is, it doesn’t matter. Flip a coin and then shoot whichever one you keep until you can point shoot as well as you could looking at the sights. Shoot the living crap out of it and it will feel like an extension of your arm. Which one you choose does not matter. Either will serve you well.

Here’s an idea. Put both up for sale at a reasonable price and which ever one sells first is the one to let go of. If you don’t have a preference now, than which you choose is not worth losing sleep over. Both are great choices, so you can’t go wrong.

Idea #2: Offer both up for trade for the other gun. That is, offer the Glock up for trade for a Sig and offer the Sig up for trade for a Glock. If someone bites, then you have your perfect carry setup with a shooter and a carry gun. Then, shoot the crap out of the platform until it feels like you were born with it in your hand.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    You want me to pick which one you should keep? Well Ok, then it’s the Glock. Wait, no, make it the Sig. Nah, the Glock. Yup, keep the Glock.

Truth is, it doesn’t matter. Flip a coin and then shoot whichever one you keep until you can point shoot as well as you could looking at the sights. Shoot the living crap out of it and it will feel like an extension of your arm. Which one you choose does not matter. Either will serve you well.

Here’s an idea. Put both up for sale at a reasonable price and which ever one sells first is the one to let go of. If you don’t have a preference now, than which you choose is not worth losing sleep over. Both are great choices, so you can’t go wrong.

Idea #2: Offer both up for trade for the other gun. That is, offer the Glock up for trade for a Sig and offer the Sig up for trade for a Glock. If someone bites, then you have your perfect carry setup with a shooter and a carry gun. Then, shoot the crap out of the platform until it feels like you were born with it in your hand.

never asked for your choice on keeping. I asked for objective thoughts and differences to pick a platform

Top Bottom