• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Wow. If that was said in a 1911 thread, somebody would be getting a warning. Guess it's fair game on polymer. I see nothing constructive in what you just stated or in any way helpful to the OP.

Sorry Mr Web, it wasn't my intent to give anyone a melt down.

I could have said, "the one where you pull the trigger and it goes BANG..." which is just about what everyone else here is saying in many, many more words. That also could be taken as offensive if the reader wants to believe it was intended to be offensive, but the opposite is also true.

Some see this sight as a communication forum while others want to make it some sort of Wikipedia for firearms. Don't take me too seriously and you won't be disappointed.

My apologies to all who were offended.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would have zero hesitation and grab that Glock. Parts are cheap and available, holsters galore, it has proven street cred, don't have to be a smith to fix it should it go down....etc

Everything is fed by Glock mags should you decide to add a AR or other PCC to your system or another Glock you'll be already set.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    [video=youtube_share;ub4OswUhLwo]https://youtu.be/ub4OswUhLwo[/video]

1,200 rounds of full auto to get it to fail :dunno:

Pure entertainment! :thumbsup:
    What was it, somewhere around 600 rounds that the plastic guide rod melted?!!! :laugh:
    Full auto! Imagine if they were just shooting "normally."
    It would be so cool if there was a basic test like this that every gun manufacturer would have to do for comparison purposes.
    I suppose they would all use metal guide rods! :):

I remember years ago reading about a test that was put to dozens of small CC guns and only 3 made it to 1000 rounds w/o an issue.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Glock hands down. If nothing more than logistics. Parts are EVERYWHERE for Glocks, the **** grows in the wild. Sig is notorious for not allowing parts to mere mortals. Mags, Glock mags, OEM Glock mags, are less than $20 each. After market support, the only gun that comes close is the 1911 as far as aftermarket support. The Glock platform last I saw has 70% of domestic LE usage, and has been used in the GWOT for over 10 years. 320’s barely made it out the gate before the first rec...”voluntary upgrade”...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Glock hands down. If nothing more than logistics. Parts are EVERYWHERE for Glocks, the **** grows in the wild. Sig is notorious for not allowing parts to mere mortals. Mags, Glock mags, OEM Glock mags, are less than $20 each. After market support, the only gun that comes close is the 1911 as far as aftermarket support. The Glock platform last I saw has 70% of domestic LE usage, and has been used in the GWOT for over 10 years. 320’s barely made it out the gate before the first rec...”voluntary upgrade”...

Can you define GWOT? I have not heard that before....

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    ah. Thank you. Also in a weird knowledge side note. I have heard, Even the Glock 19 has been able to get Singapore to finally drop their .38 revolvers which are still heavily used...(Slowly switching over)

It's the Chevy 350 of autoloaders. It may not be the best or perfect, but it gets the job done pretty much every time, and is respectively pretty inexpensive. I get it that some guys don't like Glocks, and that's fine, but you could do a bunch worse. Just like AKs, plenty of people all over the world have been shot straight in the face with one.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Both are good guns, both will work.

I have plastic, steel, and aluminum frame handguns and I like them all. I don't get the snarkiness when it come to other people and what they prefer. There is no "end all" gun platform, they all have their weaknesses and strengths.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    Not real familiar with the Sig platform, but the Glock seems to be the obvious choice for several reasons:
    1. proven platform with very few parts
    2. parts available from PLENTY of sources.
    3. plenty of armorers out there, and/or YouTube tutorials for gunsmithing.
    4. zillions of sources for holsters, accessories, sights, magazines, etc.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    With regards to training and grip angle, I would go with the 320 because it has a similar grip angle to almost everything else you'll find except a Glock. Grip angle has always been my only complaint about a Glock, and it's why I carry M&P hardware.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    You should choose the HK VP9.
    Best ergo, even if mags are expensive and you’ll never find spare parts.

Whether you choose the M17 or 19x, I highly recommend installing Trijicon HD-XR sights. Will make you shoot better.

Top Bottom