• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven’t watched NBA since the pacers/Detroit fight. I knew then it was turning into a bunch of thugs. Turns out I was right.

Has anyone heard anything on the MLB? I love baseball, but haven’t been following them during the corona bs since they haven’t been on. Have they sided with the terrorist also? At this rate all I’m gonna be able to watch it golf and hockey

I stopped watching when the shorts got long.

Instead of the shorts of Larry Bird and Dr. J, they more resemble the culottes the girls wore in gym class at Baptist school.

Then there's the leggings they wear underneath as if they're a plus sized girl at an August cocktail party and BBQ...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Instead of the shorts of Larry Bird and Dr. J, they more resemble the culottes the girls wore in gym class at Baptist school.

Then there's the leggings they wear underneath as if they're a plus sized girl at an August cocktail party and BBQ...

You are quite the master of the descriptive and depressing simile.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Hook shots and granny free throws! :rockwoot:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Now, if they played Rollerball, MAYBE I'd watch:cool:

Bob

That made me think of the sport when I was younger that kinda got big for a couple years. Can’t remember what they called it, but they roller skated around a oval track and knocked the hell out of eachother. Roller derby maybe? Wonder what happened to that?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now, if they played Rollerball, MAYBE I'd watch:cool:

Bob

Maybe chariot racing...

iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That made me think of the sport when I was younger that kinda got big for a couple years. Can’t remember what they called it, but they roller skated around a oval track and knocked the hell out of eachother. Roller derby maybe? Wonder what happened to that?

Oh yeah! Roller Derby is still around. Back in the day it was almost like professional wrestling on roller skates. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is it?!? I haven’t seen it in years, maybe I’ll have to start watching that again since everything else went to the sewer.

I don't know if it's still televised, but it seems like we used to watch it on Saturdays when I was a kid... usually right after wrasslin'... back when Dick the Bruiser, The Crusher, Moose Cholak (sp?) and Baron Von Raschke ("The Claw"!!) were the stars. :):

Edit: I was trying to think of this guy's name. He was one of the biggest Roller Derby stars. - Charlie O'Connell (aka "Chuck"). Also “Big Bad” Bob Woodberry...

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Charlie-O-Connell-Roller-Derby-Hall-of-Famer-6120341.php

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't know if it's still televised, but it seems like we used to watch it on Saturdays when I was a kid... usually right after wrasslin'... back when Dick the Bruiser, The Crusher, Moose Cholak (sp?) and Baron Von Raschke ("The Claw"!!) were the stars. :):

Edit: I was trying to think of this guy's name. He was one of the biggest Roller Derby stars. - Charlie O'Connell (aka "Chuck").

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Charlie-O-Connell-Roller-Derby-Hall-of-Famer-6120341.php

Damn, I remember Saturday morning wrestling! Mainly because of macho mans wife Elizabeth.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Pro sports and successful racing sanctioning bodies (that excludes Indycar, their ratings suck) make most of their money from TV contracts. If you have cable you are paying a few dollars every month to MLB, NBA, NFL and NASCAR.
    Doesn't matter whether you watch, whether you agree with their political posturing, you get to pay. Sports is why your cable bill keeps going up.

This is is the real truth in this thread! Want to kill it, cancel cable. Want to kill CNN cancel cable. Watch FOX News? You are funding CNN... Cancel cable...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hey- parenting advice!

There is nothing I can't get on INGO. I love it so!

Wide.gif

If your family was into watching pro and/or college sports, watching with your kids/family can be a good time to be together. The struggles and triumphs of sports are pure to a degree. It can help to reinforce the desire to play school sports, which is a good thing to do to help shape a person.

I was raised in a European household (German specifically). My father did not partake of the ball sports. Being a semi-pro boxer (if there was such a thing in Germany during the 40's), we watched boxing.

But outside of that, we were hunting, fishing and shooting when we weren't working or in school.

How's that for parenting advice?:)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indycar had good racing this last weekend. I didn't notice anything political aside from a positive tribute to first responders, that ain't political really. And it was nice enough.

Formula one is a mess with virtue signalling. Nascar I guess follows their lead.

Indycar maybe isn't being paid any attention as it's not very popular as it used to be.

Penske leadership seems to be all about getting the sport back up and running.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It was a lot different back when I was a kid, kid. :): I remember a buddy and I would act out what we had just seen on tv after watching it too. :laugh: I'm talking late 60's, early 70's.
    Lol, don’t lie, you were in your late 20s talking like the macho man and suplexing buddies on your couch.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've been an Indycar fan since I was a kid, except for the awful IRL years. I was a CART fan during the war. Indycar has been pretty entertaining the last couple of years and yet they can't find an audience.
    I assure you that none of your cable payment is going to Indycar. Last I heard they were paying networks to air their product (except for the 500).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lol, don’t lie, you were in your late 20s talking like the macho man and suplexing buddies on your couch.

Nope! By the 80's I was indeed in my 20's and I don't even know what suplexing means. :): I gave up on wrestling somewhere during middle school. I'd say it was when we discovered girls, but we were having "make out" parties in 4th and 5th grade. :):

Top Bottom