• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was under the impression that racing series got their money from ad revenue during commercial breaks. Ticket sales go to the track owners, and tv revenue to the series I thought? If not, it wouldn’t matter if 2 people watched the race, they’d still make the same amount of money. I don’t think that holds true, tho I’m not really sure honestly

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was under the impression that racing series got their money from ad revenue during commercial breaks. Ticket sales go to the track owners, and tv revenue to the series I thought? If not, it wouldn’t matter if 2 people watched the race, they’d still make the same amount of money. I don’t think that holds true, tho I’m not really sure honestly

Yeah, I don't know how they calculate revenue from tv viewing. Maybe they extrapolate from Nielson ratings houses? Personally I've never bought anything because I saw a commercial during a Nascar race or otherwise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok, now I’m confused. You discovered girls around middle school, but were having make out parties in 5th grade? Who was at these parties? :):

No, I was saying I couldn't blame it on discovering girls in middle school, because we'd already discovered girls well before middle school! In other words, we were already into girls when we were watching Saturday morning wrasslin'.

Damn, your drunk tests are hard! :):

[video=youtube;ccfMRpTldpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccfMRpTldpI[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No, I was saying I couldn't blame it on discovering girls in middle school, because we'd already discovered girls well before middle school! In other words, we were already into girls when we were watching Saturday morning wrasslin'.

Damn, your drunk tests are hard! :):

[video=youtube;ccfMRpTldpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccfMRpTldpI[/video]

:laugh6:

Damn, I got nothing to comeback to this with. You win this round!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah, I don't know how they calculate revenue from tv viewing. Maybe they extrapolate from Nielson ratings houses? Personally I've never bought anything because I saw a commercial during a Nascar race or otherwise.

Ya same here. I’m surprised with the internet getting so popular companies even continue to sponsor NASCAR anymore. They said last weekends race had 2.5 million viewers, Ive seen gaming channels on YouTube get more views than that. I’m thinking they’re hurting more than they’re letting us know, and this little stunt was to attempt gaining numbers. They failed

All the liberals were happy because the race at indianapolis had a 40% increase in viewership from last years indianapolis race, and a 20 something % increase from last years July Daytona race that’s usually on the 4th of July weekend. According to sportsmediawatch, this years indianapolis race was the least watched race at indianapolis, only losing to last years. So last years was the least watched Indy race. Even more telling is the fact Daytona’s July race was rain delayed, and last years brickyard was in the fall, so viewership was down because of football.

Now they’re saying sundays Kentucky race was an increase in viewership from last years. Indeed it is, but last years Kentucky was on a Saturday night, which has low ratings anyways (except Bristol and Richmond). And, even more telling, Sunday’s Kentucky race had the least amount of viewers for a Sunday race this year so far. To not have any other sports on tv, and your race is the least watched sunday race of the year, isn’t a good sign. But of course, since trump mentioned NASCAR ratings, liberals don’t look at the facts, they just say “see, it’s up from last year”...

Dang. That was a lot bigger rant than I planned. I’m done

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ya same here. I’m surprised with the internet getting so popular companies even continue to sponsor NASCAR anymore. They said last weekends race had 2.5 million viewers, Ive seen gaming channels on YouTube get more views than that. I’m thinking they’re hurting more than they’re letting us know, and this little stunt was to attempt gaining numbers. They failed

All the liberals were happy because the race at indianapolis had a 40% increase in viewership from last years indianapolis race, and a 20 something % increase from last years July Daytona race that’s usually on the 4th of July weekend. According to sportsmediawatch, this years indianapolis race was the least watched race at indianapolis, only losing to last years. So last years was the least watched Indy race. Even more telling is the fact Daytona’s July race was rain delayed, and last years brickyard was in the fall, so viewership was down because of football.

Now they’re saying sundays Kentucky race was an increase in viewership from last years. Indeed it is, but last years Kentucky was on a Saturday night, which has low ratings anyways (except Bristol and Richmond). And, even more telling, Sunday’s Kentucky race had the least amount of viewers for a Sunday race this year so far. To not have any other sports on tv, and your race is the least watched sunday race of the year, isn’t a good sign. But of course, since trump mentioned NASCAR ratings, liberals don’t look at the facts, they just say “see, it’s up from last year”...

Dang. That was a lot bigger rant than I planned. I’m done

It was a good rant though! And you made very good points. And saved me from having to do a lot of typing and stuff. :):

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Now pro baseball have the majority of the players kneeling and even holding a black ribbon. I only take a knee for God.. I am done watching these high paid jerks.

portercounty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Porter County
    I stopped watching sports, bought a Dillon 1050, and never looked back. Even I run out of something to reload for awhile, I'd rather stare at my Dillon all night than watch the nonsense that has become pro sports.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    After seeing this, I will never attend or watch another MLB game.
    116152035_10158367885920659_4940317134774375860_o.jpg

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I quite watching professional sports a decade ago. The prices for the merchandise and event tickets are crazy. And now with the agendas that are being pushed, so long.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Holy cow, somebody is chugging the Koolade!
    NFL is approving the use of Dreasjon Reed's name on helmets as a police shooting VICTIM!
    Just make up whatever version of truth fits your narrative and the media will sell it until it becomes fact.
    People wouldn't believe how insane 2020 is if they hadn't lived through it.
    https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...tims/531-bfe7dac2-3522-4228-8d20-f9e9c3d8314e

He was a role model for today utes.

[video=youtube;sRFmmwuoMD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRFmmwuoMD8[/video]

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Just wondering what baseball, football, basketball, etc. will look like a few years down the road. Weren't a lot of these stadiums paid for by municipalities selling bonds to be repaid by taxpayers? What happens when the fans stop buying tickets? I'm not big into sports but it looks like a lot of changes coming. The zillion dollar contracts may become history. If I were in a stadium where the players took a knee, I'd walk out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I quit watching NFL when Colin Kaepernick took that first knee. I'm not much of a spectator of anything so it was a little easier than some to walk away.

There are people in this country (and on INGO) where watching sports is a big part of their life. They probably grew up watching them with their dad, then they watched with their friends and now they are watching with their children. It is a deeply seated tradition for them and as long as they get around to playing the game, they will overlook all the drama.

Just for the NFL alone, over 16 million people go to games. 70% of Americans say they are fans. A few of us on here and a few thousand around the country isn't going to impact professional sports one bit. It will take millions of fans walking away before they will consider what they are doing. And not just a million or so, but closer to 10 million would wake them up.

And that won't happen in America. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom