I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I appreciate the 50 post rule for the classifieds but think it would be nice to PM with less. IMO

That would defeat the entire purpose for the 50 posts then, since the normal method of responding to the classifieds is through PM.

I remember once hearing about someone finding or hearing from a school or military buddy here and wanting to PM them without having 50 posts. IIRC someone passed a message along for him to let him know he was on the site. That kind of thing is uncommon, most of the time it's because there is something shiny they want to claim in the classifieds.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Anyone keeping track of how many posts have been made since the last newb post about not having enough posts? oh the irony. Must be a conspiracy of he 10k+posters to rub salt in the wounds of the newbs to see how long they can keep threads going after the newb that started the thread gave up and left.

Or sometimes a member notices a new post in a thread he's been active in, and doesn't realize there are several more pages after that 'first new post' he's read... or that he's missed a whole lot of new posts since then. Honest mistake... and after checking since it was brought up, I've yet to hit the 10k post 'club'.

There are far more interesting threads to keep going. I took offense to the post and responded. Sorry it wasn't timely enough for you.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Unfortunately people used PMs to bypass the classifieds posting restriction. Cheaters always ruin it for others.
    That's what I always tell my employees when we get some memo from corporate on something that seems really stupid... just think, someone actually did that to get that memo generated.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    That would defeat the entire purpose for the 50 posts then, since the normal method of responding to the classifieds is through PM.

I remember once hearing about someone finding or hearing from a school or military buddy here and wanting to PM them without having 50 posts. IIRC someone passed a message along for him to let him know he was on the site. That kind of thing is uncommon, most of the time it's because there is something shiny they want to claim in the classifieds.

aww, got it. thanks.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I think you all missed it... this is apparently about mods and 10k+ posters bumping threads to be mean;)

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You want the race to 50........ This is the rules suck 50. We first have to have a race before they say it sucks.

I'm a racing fan. Some are pathetic and some show a little imagination.
    I didn't come to INGO for the Classifieds but to interact with like minded people. We're not all like minded though. That's thought for another thread.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm a racing fan. Some are pathetic and some show a little imagination.
    I didn't come to INGO for the Classifieds but to interact with like minded people. We're not all like minded though. That's thought for another thread.

To find a warped mind akin to yours (and mine) would be a real stretch my old friend.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    According to post count, I'm one of the newbies, but by join date, have been around for awhile. Whether on forums or in personal conversations, my personality has me sit back and watch the interactions until I get comfortable. Then when I do speak up, I try to provide value to the conversation, not just say one or two words. Even here, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone to reply. My personality quirk makes the post count restrictions for PM and classified is bothersome to myself, but it isn't my forum so I'm not going to complain.

So the point of all this rambling... I guess it is my way of "post whoring" as discussed several pages back. Not much to say, but woohoo, it counts for 2% of my quota before I can PM and participate in the classifieds. Who knows, at this rate, I may make it in 2 more years.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    According to post count, I'm one of the newbies, but by join date, have been around for awhile. Whether on forums or in personal conversations, my personality has me sit back and watch the interactions until I get comfortable. Then when I do speak up, I try to provide value to the conversation, not just say one or two words. Even here, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone to reply. My personality quirk makes the post count restrictions for PM and classified is bothersome to myself, but it isn't my forum so I'm not going to complain.

So the point of all this rambling... I guess it is my way of "post whoring" as discussed several pages back. Not much to say, but woohoo, it counts for 2% of my quota before I can PM and participate in the classifieds. Who knows, at this rate, I may make it in 2 more years.

We are glad to have you hear. I understand your reasoning for a low post count. There are lots of members that are the same way. If you feel that you do get something from this site, think about becoming a site supporter. With that, you will get access to using the private message system and the classifieds, without feeling the pressure of having to make the post count. Food for thought.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

$20 will fix "All" of this for you...................:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom