I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are glad to have you hear. I understand your reasoning for a low post count. There are lots of members that are the same way. If you feel that you do get something from this site, think about becoming a site supporter. With that, you will get access to using the private message system and the classifieds, without feeling the pressure of having to make the post count. Food for thought.

By seconds he beats me...........:faint:

But with a much better and well reasoned post.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    tumblr_inline_mvmjy8BrVU1rlu6vl.png

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I first saw the option about the $20 option this morning. Haven't known about it prior. My one question about it is does the $20 option "fix" the PM and classifieds permanently or is it an annual expense until I actually get to 50?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You can consider it permanent. You will have some other perks only for that year while you are an official site supporter (store more e-mails, custom label to replace plinker, nifty Site Supporter badge, etc). However, once you've been a site supporter and requested access for PMs/classifieds, that will be permanent.

If you decide to go that way, be sure to read the FAQ about the 50 post rule and becoming a site supporter. After paying, you'll need to PM moderator Que for access to general PMs and classifieds. He'll make the adjustment for you. You are supposed to be able to PM moderators even before 50 posts, but that has been a problem recently. If you can't PM him, then leave a post here and it will be handled.

There are two ways to support INGO- either by contributing content that will attract readers or financially to keep the system up and running. Both are valued and helpful.

:ingo:

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nah... 'coal and steam'.

I'm dumb and old :fogey:- what are necro/fly by's?

Necroposting is when you resurrect a very old thread that no one has posted in for years. Fly by's I'm guessing are posting something that doesn't add anything to the conversation, like a quick "Agreed" or something along those lines.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Necroposting is when you resurrect a very old thread that no one has posted in for years.
    Sometimes necroposting is okay, like when you are adding an update to an old news story. However, too often they are simply ridiculous, like someone answering a question that was asked 3 years ago.

Fly by's I'm guessing are posting something that doesn't add anything to the conversation, like a quick "Agreed" or something along those lines.
    Close. Many 50-post runners are simply looking for some way to post quickly and will post some minimal content that is appropriate to a thread. However, if someone responds to them, they've moved on to post in other threads and never return and respond. They've simply "dropped a load" and moved on. It's kinda rude and obvious that they don't really want to interact with other INGOers, just the classifieds.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sometimes necroposting is okay, like when you are adding an update to an old news story. However, too often they are simply ridiculous, like someone answering a question that was asked 3 years ago.

Close. Many 50-post runners are simply looking for some way to post quickly and will post some minimal content that is appropriate to a thread. However, if someone responds to them, they've moved on to post in other threads and never return and respond. They've simply "dropped a load" and moved on. It's kinda rude and obvious that they don't really want to interact with other INGOers, just the classifieds.

See, that's why I come here. Learn something new every visit! :yesway:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I wonder if anyone has ever run an algorithm to determine the number of posts to the number of quality posts to determine what the actual count is before you hit 50? For instance I'm making the run to 9000 but trying to make it less obvious by asking a question to which I'll later read the responses if any and possibly counter them. If a quality post is placed on the internet and nobody reads it does it count?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom