I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    You TALK about FREEDOM...I just found this place...signed on..looking to BUY a Weapon but I cant...BECAUSE I have NOT posted 50 Times..THATS FREEDOM..there are guys out there wanting to sell a Gun and I cant buy it BECAUSE ..I have NOT done 50 Posts..YOU guys LOOSE MONEY because SOMEONE wants YOU to post 50 times before you can buy a gun..do they realize how LONG it would take me to do 50 POSTS.? It is ABSOLUTLY STUPID... I am looking to buy a GUN NOW....[REDACTED - esrice]...I might just as well go to a Gun Store as to waste MY time to Post 50 TIMES...TRULY..that is BS and I as an American have the RIGHT to say this...20 bucks says...I will be BOOTED for my OPINIONAwwwww..shades of O,bummerism..why not just JOIN...talk when ya want BUT beable to help the guys out and BUY that Weapon, think about it..YOUR FORUN is ACTUALLY SCREWING you out of a SALE by REQUIREING 50 LOUSY POSTS...it,s REALLY a SURE way id DETURING NEW People from JOINING...I wanna BUY NOW...not in a week or so....LIFT THIS RULE Mr GORBASCHEF !

I'm not sure that I'd feel even remotely comfortable placing a firearm in the hands of someone who aside from having terrible grammar, also apparently can't spell...Seriously guy, how hard would it have been to use auto correct?:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Grammar and spelling take to the wayside when you are passionate in your cause lol poor fellow had some major issues. He must have found one helluvadeal in the classifieds to be that angry.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    For JetGirl:

sC2DgqIX

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    OK, now that pic should be the OP at the top of a sticky called "50 post Tool" or "50 post Fool" (something that rhymes with "rule" anyhow)...
    And all the whiner threads/post should be moved to it.
    One-click-entertainment.
    Admin/Mods, get right on that. :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This never ends people that don't get it, ranting and raving about the 50 posts rule. :nono:

I hope the 50 post rule never changes. This community, the way its run and the outstanding Mod's are the reason I'm on this forum.

I hope the OP comes to realize the wisdom of this being a community and not a classified ad's web site. :ingo:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You TALK about FREEDOM...I just found this place...signed on..looking to BUY a Weapon but I cant...BECAUSE I have NOT posted 50 Times..THATS FREEDOM..there are guys out there wanting to sell a Gun and I cant buy it BECAUSE ..I have NOT done 50 Posts..YOU guys LOOSE MONEY because SOMEONE wants YOU to post 50 times before you can buy a gun..do they realize how LONG it would take me to do 50 POSTS.? It is ABSOLUTLY STUPID... I am looking to buy a GUN NOW....[REDACTED - esrice]...I might just as well go to a Gun Store as to waste MY time to Post 50 TIMES...TRULY..that is BS and I as an American have the RIGHT to say this...20 bucks says...I will be BOOTED for my OPINIONAwwwww..shades of O,bummerism..why not just JOIN...talk when ya want BUT beable to help the guys out and BUY that Weapon, think about it..YOUR FORUN is ACTUALLY SCREWING you out of a SALE by REQUIREING 50 LOUSY POSTS...it,s REALLY a SURE way id DETURING NEW People from JOINING...I wanna BUY NOW...not in a week or so....LIFT THIS RULE Mr GORBASCHEF !

Welcome to INGO...

Nice use of Caps to represent yelling. You should look up Forum Etiquette and read about it.

Wait I will do it for you:

What is Forum Etiquette?

I direct your attention to paragraph six.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I agree with the OP, the 50 quality posts rule is stupid. I've been here for 3 years and STILL don't have 50 quality posts. One of these days I will fill my quality quota and be able to buy something. Someday...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I for one love the 50 post rule,it's like a crazy check.
    In fact I think any new member that starts with a rant about the 50 post rule should automatically banned.

Oh and what kind of a chef is a Gorbas chef:):

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    minimum posts to buy on this forum

I have read the rules for the classifieds but I need some clarification.

I know you need 50 quality posts to participate. Does that mean that if you have less you cannot buy? I understand we are all selling our own guns and we can sell to who we want but if someone sends you a PM to work a deal, is that skirting the rules?

I am not trying to skirt the rules by the way. I am inherently a suspecious person and I think I see something that I am not comfortaable with. Not a big deal, I can take care of it, but I was just wondering what the answer to the question is.

Also, has anyone had two people working together trying to see what the lowest you will take on a firearm is? You know, one guy offers you "X" then his buddy comes and offers you "X" (a little lower)?

ETA - I am not really a guy that likes to be jacked around by people that feel they are smarter than me. I prefer to be jacked around by people who ARE smarter than me. LOL

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You're not supposed to sell to people with under 50 post counts unless they are a site supporter, but there's nothing really stopping you.

I will say that once I sold to someone with that low a post count because I started negotiating with him before I saw that.

I will also say that the most hassle I've ever had dealing with folks buying my guns are those with low (over 50, but barely) post counts. As of yet with 20-30 sales on the group I've never had issues with someone with a higher post count (500+). Missed meetings to buy, offering less than the price we agreed when we meet then backing out when I decline, pointing out a scratch on the gun and using that as an excuse to not buy even though the ad clearly stated the gun had wear, claiming the gun was "too dirty" when it had been cleaned before putting up for sale, etc. There's some pretty sleazy people out there with no real ethics who do little on the group but buy and sell guns, and the way the feedback system works there's strong incentive to not leave negative feedback because they can do the same to you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, they need 50 to participate..... if they can't even follow that simple rule, is it someone you want to deal with?

If they want to skirt the rules and you agree to then that's your choice.. your an adult.

The rules are there for a reason...... would you really deal with an unknown?
    You have a much higher risk of getting burned.
    Look at craigslist or hoosiertopics as an example.
    Where would you rather deal for a firearm, there or here on INGO?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom