I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Also, has anyone had two people working together trying to see what the lowest you will take on a firearm is? You know, one guy offers you "X" then his buddy comes and offers you "X" (a little lower)?

Also, could be the same guy with multiple accounts.

The old bid them up at the auction kind of thing but in reverse.
    'Hey mainjet..... I'll give you 1/2 of what you are asking.'
    "hey, I want in on this, I offer 1/3 of what you are asking"
    (Wow, I better take the 1/2 offer, it's much better than the 1/3 offer!)

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Right..

You get one guy that offers you "X" and when you accept the offer he never comes back. Then another guy comes along and offers you a little less (which I did not accept). Then you notice by looking at their user name info that they are friends. HMMMMM. One guy with 56 posts another guy with 25 posts. HMMMM. Both from the same area and both interested in your gun. HMMMM.

Not liken it.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    my wife just asked me "why are you always tying over there". I guess she thinks I have a girlfriend:D

I told her I was blogging. "Can't a guy blog without someone thinking he has a girlfriend or vice versa"?:):

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    Being a new user I understand the rules and I am trying to get to the 50 posts. Theres nothing that I cant do with out until I get there and Its worth the wait seeing some of the deals on here. The best part of it all is that I like asking questions of other gun buffs and sporting people and seeing how we all feel about the issues.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I will also say that the most hassle I've ever had dealing with folks buying my guns are those with low (over 50, but barely) post counts. As of yet with 20-30 sales on the group I've never had issues with someone with a higher post count (500+). Missed meetings to buy, offering less than the price we agreed when we meet then backing out when I decline, pointing out a scratch on the gun and using that as an excuse to not buy even though the ad clearly stated the gun had wear, claiming the gun was "too dirty" when it had been cleaned before putting up for sale, etc. There's some pretty sleazy people out there with no real ethics who do little on the group but buy and sell guns, and the way the feedback system works there's strong incentive to not leave negative feedback because they can do the same to you.

This ^. I couldn't have said it better myself.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    my wife just asked me "why are you always tying over there". I guess she thinks I have a girlfriend:D

I told her I was blogging. "Can't a guy blog without someone thinking he has a girlfriend or vice versa"?:):

You do have a GF ... her name is Beretta (insert name of your choice!!!)

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Private messages are not allowed until a certain post count also. Not sure if it matches the 50 limit to sell but probably put in place for the same reason.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Private messages are not allowed until a certain post count also. Not sure if it matches the 50 limit to sell but probably put in place for the same reason.

I think you need 15 posts to use PMs, not sure, if im right I wonder why it doesn't match the 50 posts limit.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy

Correct, you can't PM, or post in any thread in the classifieds section until you're approved with 50 substantive posts. Site donation bypasses this, and you're looking to spend some coin on a firearm anyway...

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yea, it must be 15 because it happened and he only had 26.

I guess now I am going to find out it was a 5 y.o. girl setting me up to take my gun when I show up:D

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I think you need 15 posts to use PMs, not sure, if im right I wonder why it doesn't match the 50 posts limit.

I couldn't send any at 27. Shirley it's the same as the classifieds section limit, otherwise one could just not even post in the classifieds section and take it straight to pm. BTW, Sorry for calling you Shirley. lol

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure if I tried to send a pm when I had 27... maybe the limit is 25. I just donated anyway, I'm not going anywhere. heh

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I like when people call me Shirley or ask me to be Frank.:D

I got a pm from him when he had 26 posts. He is nnot a site supporter.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Completely up to you, but if there was someone with a 25 post count who is not a site supporter actively trying to skirt the rules, I'd appreciate if you'd notify a moderator, as that is a blatant violation of the forum rules. I like to know who those are that don't have enough internal moral fiber to comply with such easily obtainable requirements, as I doubt I'd want to conduct any kind of business with them in the future.

Right..

You get one guy that offers you "X" and when you accept the offer he never comes back. Then another guy comes along and offers you a little less (which I did not accept). Then you notice by looking at their user name info that they are friends. HMMMMM. One guy with 56 posts another guy with 25 posts. HMMMM. Both from the same area and both interested in your gun. HMMMM.

Not liken it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom