I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've had PM conversations with more than one Marine new to INGO. Well, I call them "conversations", but they were more like me being screamed at because I refused to allow them to do whatever the hell they felt like while they were here. I'm sorry if your friend felt like he was bullied, but I'm not THAT sorry. The rules are easy to find and, in fact, are required reading to join the site. If someone chooses to ignore the information and then expect the membership to spoon-feed it to them, that's on them. They need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming everyone else.
    He never spoke with you or anyone else. He just stopped posting. He didn't get in any "trouble" with the mods that I know of. Just people being brash and rude to a new person was all that happened.

If these people are so bad why is that they can go to M4 Carbine and ARFCOM and GLOCKTALK and do not seem to have the same problems? These sites are well organized and orderly and they do not bring out the banhammer easily or feel the need to belittle people with the slightest infraction. They can all be quite nasty if pushed though.;)

I am a member of all these sites in one form or another. INGO is well-known for the way it is and I can only imagine how big this place could be and how many people we could get to contribute if they felt welcome. Truth hurts sometimes.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He never spoke with you or anyone else. He just stopped posting. He didn't get in any "trouble" with the mods that I know of. Just people being brash and rude to a new person was all that happened.

I never said that I spoke to him. I suggested that I talk to lots of entitled people who get upset and leave because they can't have their way. I specified that some of them are even Marines. You said " if someone had jsut taken the time to INFORM him of the rule or whatever". And I said that he WAS informed of the rules and chose to ignore them, and then left the site when members pointed it out to him. He's certainly welcome to come and go as he pleases. I freely admit that INGO isn't for everyone, but, personally, I expect people to take responsibility for knowing the rules of the site they're visiting.

If these people are so bad why is that they can go to M4 Carbine and ARFCOM and GLOCKTALK and do not seem to have the same problems? These sites are well organized and orderly and they do not bring out the banhammer easily or feel the need to belittle people with the slightest infraction. They can all be quite nasty if pushed though.;)

I've seen some pretty horrendous behavior on all three of those sites, so I don't agree with your assessment and I've heard the same comments about all three that you're making about INGO. ARFCOM, for example, is notorious for permabanning people for a single classified infraction. INGO goes to great pains to give people lots and lots of chances before being locked out of the classifieds, and to my knowledge, no one has ever been outright banned from the site for classifieds violations.

I am a member of all these sites in one form or another. INGO is well-known for the way it is and I can only imagine how big this place could be and how many people we could get to contribute if they felt welcome. Truth hurts sometimes.

Since it clearly sounds like you disagree with the way INGO is moderated, I'm open to your suggestions.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I never said that I spoke to him. I suggested that I talk to lots of entitled people who get upset and leave because they can't have their way. I specified that some of them are even Marines. You said " if someone had jsut taken the time to INFORM him of the rule or whatever". And I said that he WAS informed of the rules and chose to ignore them, and then left the site when members pointed it out to him. He's certainly welcome to come and go as he pleases. I freely admit that INGO isn't for everyone, but, personally, I expect people to take responsibility for knowing the rules of the site they're visiting.

I've seen some pretty horrendous behavior on all three of those sites, so I don't agree with your assessment and I've heard the same comments about all three that you're making about INGO. ARFCOM, for example, is notorious for permabanning people for a single classified infraction. INGO goes to great pains to give people lots and lots of chances before being locked out of the classifieds, and to my knowledge, no one has ever been outright banned from the site for classifieds violations.

Since it clearly sounds like you disagree with the way INGO is moderated, I'm open to your suggestions.
    Give me your MP9c?:dunno:
    That would make you the best Mod EVER!!!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Give me your MP9c?:dunno:
    That would make you the best Mod EVER!!!!!!

Geez, I've raised almost five grand in donations for worthy causes for INGO members (a significant percentage of which was my own money) and you want my guns now, too?! You people will never be happy. :xmad:

mlake12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    i started to think the same thing as the OP here but i have spent a couple hours today doing some reading, research, and learning some new things. Although I'll be around her for a while, I will still end up doing an $11 site sponsor, why not? its a good cause and in the long run everyone will benefiti from it

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i started to think the same thing as the OP here but i have spent a couple hours today doing some reading, research, and learning some new things. Although I'll be around her for a while, I will still end up doing an $15 site sponsor, why not? its a good cause and in the long run everyone will benefiti from it

FTFY

:whistle:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    i started to think the same thing as the OP here but i have spent a couple hours today doing some reading, research, and learning some new things. Although I'll be around her for a while, I will still end up doing an $11 site sponsor, why not? its a good cause and in the long run everyone will benefiti from it
    I'm sure $11 dollars would be appreciated but it won't get you a site supporter tag.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    You would think a "Marine" would understand that there are "Rules"... just sayin..
    :rolleyes:Since you seem to have a hard time reading and comprehending perhaps you should just stay out of it. I CLEARLY stated that he got bashed over pretty small stuff like "Dupe threads" or "This has been covered repeatedly. Read the FAQs" kind of stuff. The dog piles came from other members, not specifically mods. I know he gave up on the site pretty quick saying that it was the least friendly place he had ever visited. I understand where he is coming from bc I have seen it too.

I also clearly understand what the Scutter is saying too. Rules are rules and the other sites are pretty bombastic too when they want to be. Like I keep saying, take it with a grain of salt. Everyone here was new once and we all need to do a better job of fighting off "Group Think". Some people deserve being mean to but that should be if they are pugnacious.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    ... saved an important verb or apostrophe for later. Try German.
    At least I did not have any profanity in it...
    I just spent three days on the range Attempting to Assist in Qual'ing a Support Battalion... :xmad:

Is this better?! :dunno:

Are the Sheep the Squid's keeping starting to get to obvious...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

Robin-Hood-Men-In-Tights-dracula-and-robin-hood-in-tights-and-loving-it-22205933-320-240.gif

Settle down sherrif. :):

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    :rolleyes:Since you seem to have a hard time reading and comprehending perhaps you should just stay out of it. I CLEARLY stated that he got bashed over pretty small stuff like "Dupe threads" or "This has been covered repeatedly. Read the FAQs" kind of stuff. The dog piles came from other members, not specifically mods. I know he gave up on the site pretty quick saying that it was the least friendly place he had ever visited. I understand where he is coming from bc I have seen it too.

I also clearly understand what the Scutter is saying too. Rules are rules and the other sites are pretty bombastic too when they want to be. Like I keep saying, take it with a grain of salt. Everyone here was new once and we all need to do a better job of fighting off "Group Think". Some people deserve being mean to but that should be if they are pugnacious.

I'm sorry I didnt realize this was a private conversation/thread:rolleyes:. It must be though, since you think I should stay out of it..

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    At least I did not have any profanity in it...
    I just spent three days on the range Attempting to Assist in Qual'ing a Support Battalion... :xmad:

Is this better?! :dunno:

Are the Sheep the Squid's keeping starting to get to obvious...

How about
    "Are the sheep the Squids're keeping starting to get too obvious?"

I love that joke. And FYI, my family comes from all four branches, so its not just picking on one, lol.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not at all. I encourage any and all intelligent contributions; you know, people who actually READ previous posts.....I'm just sayin'.:)

Oh now, c'mon, you can do better than backhanded implied insults now can't you?

I read the thread, I just read between the lines too. It is admirable you are sticking up for your friend, even though he seems pretty thin skinned for a "Marine" IMHO

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Oh now, c'mon, you can do better than backhanded implied insults now can't you?

I read the thread, I just read between the lines too. It is admirable you are sticking up for your friend, even though he seems pretty thin skinned for a "Marine" IMHO
    You should know by now that those are becoming the tool of the day for some. Not everyone has to draw out explanations to those with low levels of reading comprehension. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom