• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Obviously, he shouldn`t have fled, no brainer. But fleeing isn`t a capital offense, also a no brainer...

^^^^^ THIS, what I heard on the radio, was that FLEEING, changed EVERYTHING !!!!!

Not at all. Fleeing is pointless, but unless presenting a lethal threat, felling is just not a capital offense, and does not merit a beating.

He was not shot for fleeing. I HATE it when people say that line, "Fleeing doesn't deserve death." Like the officers shot him only because he was fleeing. That's absurd. It hardly matters if they were in the right, they are about to get thrown into the grinder that is a police action shooting of an "unarmed" black man. These rookies have MAYBE 3 years on and I hope they are prepared for the **** show that is coming. Extra security at their houses (if they don't relocate temporarily), staying home because they don't want to be seen in public, LONG LONG civil trial, etc...and that is if they did everything correct. If they didn't, well, it's an ugly trial. You can do everything 100% correct and still get the short end of the stick. I'm too old to deal with this crap anymore, 20 years behind the badge, all of it on the street. Time for me to find a nice inside job, away from this BS.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If the early reports are accurate, he ran, crashed, LEO approached the car with guns drawn (which, of course, they should), then the guy reached toward the console.
    If it went down that way, he'd almost certainly be alive today if he had Super-glued his hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel or outside the window with fingers splayed.
    Dunno if they have bodycams, but those would be helpful to get to the truth, at least if the footage is of decent quality and aimed properly, something that doesn't always happen with cams because of the basic issues of a cam clipped to a person moving rapidly.
    Let's hope that the truth eventually emerges, whatever that may be.
    No body cams, no dash cams. No one wants to pay for 1,000 of them. The truth will hardly matter.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    In politics, facts get in the way of agendas.
    Like, about 98% of black men are shot by other black men--typically over drugs or gang warfare? After a perfunctory "peace on the streets" rally, that would bring up a different agenda: "gun control" because it's not PC to speak of personal responsibility.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But, but, he was just starting to turn his life around .....

IIRC, we had a Deputy Sheriff, talk to us, in grade school .....

He said things like, when an officer, asks you to do something, you need to do it .....

Of all the things, that I have forgotten, I remember this .....

I just cannot understand, why, when an Officer, asks someone to do something,

why don't people, just DO IT !!!!!

This was one of the first things out of his daughter's mouth when she was interviewed on WTHR. Don't know if it was a good shoot or a bad shoot (not going to make a judgement based on media reports), but good or bad, it was easily preventable. No, fleeing is not a capital offense. So why "sentence" oneself to that over what... past offenses? Open warrant? We also don't know what the 26 year old passenger that they arrested for drug charges was doing that may have contributed to the outcome. Was she reaching for something (trying to hide drugs, whatever)? I sincerely doubt that the officers fired their weapons just for the heck of it.

Oh, and before someone claims I'm "victim blaming", I'm not. I'm just saying that this whole mess was avoidable. When a cop lights you up and pulls you over, DON'T FLEE. Hands on the wheel (or clearly displayed out the window), and conversation should be limited as much as possible to "Yes sir" and "No sir". Anything else you have to say should be done in the presence of an attorney, and let your "battle" be decided in court. I think I can say with 100% certainty that the man would still be alive if he had followed these basic suggestions. Never heard of a prosecutor going for the death penalty over a traffic violation or even some petty parole violation or an outstanding warrant.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He was not shot for fleeing. I HATE it when people say that line, "Fleeing doesn't deserve death." Like the officers shot him only because he was fleeing. That's absurd. It hardly matters if they were in the right, they are about to get thrown into the grinder that is a police action shooting of an "unarmed" black man. These rookies have MAYBE 3 years on and I hope they are prepared for the **** show that is coming. Extra security at their houses (if they don't relocate temporarily), staying home because they don't want to be seen in public, LONG LONG civil trial, etc...and that is if they did everything correct. If they didn't, well, it's an ugly trial. You can do everything 100% correct and still get the short end of the stick. I'm too old to deal with this crap anymore, 20 years behind the badge, all of it on the street. Time for me to find a nice inside job, away from this BS.

Brother, you have no idea... we actually you do, but yeah, when I get a reprimand for cussing at a guy after I draw down on him after he jumps out his car at a traffic stop, you start to wonder if it's worth it. I sympathize.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I find it infuriating that good LEOs have to fear for their careers over the most trivial offenses and spurious of allegations.
    Save the punishment for the few bad ones who really do the wrong thing.
    Whatever shakes out of this, as DD so well stated above, this would have had a completely different outcome without a series of very bad choices made by one man.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Pfffft, he was younger then. He just needs a program.
    I heard they may name a street after him.
    imagejpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
      IMG_0416.JPG
      12.4 KB · Views: 4

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I watch TV. Even complicated investigations take an hour at most, WITH commercial breaks.

We do most of the paperwork during the commercials.

There's comments I'd like to make, but discretion will keep me out of this conversation until everything is public.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I find it infuriating that good LEOs have to fear for their careers over the most trivial offenses and spurious of allegations.
    Whatever shakes out of this, as DD so well stated above, this would have had a completely different outcome without a series of very bad choices made by one man.

It doesn't have much to do with 'justice', it has to do with changing who has the power and destruction of our civil institutions. Chaos and anarchy...the desired outcome. Oh, and free stuff without the threat of being arrested or shot. I think the crooked cops are their desired cops.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Guy would be walking and talking today if he were not being an *******......

Like this..... the cops in this video were being NOTHING but polite and easy going....
    Things go south at around 7:50

[video=youtube;AgDoDKqgr0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgDoDKqgr0M[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...NAACP gets involved:

“Use of excessive force by law enforcement officers can no longer be tolerated in our communities. The lack of accountability erodes trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve which impedes the ability to solve crime,” Mrs. Ratcliffe said. “The NAACP is committed to a proactive approach to police shootings and all other forms of police brutality. Our solution to this egregious problem is accountability.

“It is a human and civil rights issue. When there are no systems for accountability, safety is affected and anyone can be a victim. Let Indianapolis be the last time people lose their lives and families are terrorized by a police force without accountability. Law enforcement accountability means safer communities for us all.”...

If this quote is true, and directed toward this incident, then it's hard for me to give any credibility to that organization. What is this conclusion based on? Interviewing one of the suspects involved?

It appears the trigger for applying the "excessive force" label is simply the word "unarmed." If the suspect turns out to be "unarmed"...DING!. It's a bad shoot. It's a mirror-image counterpart to the people who assume a "good shoot" upon hearing the toxicology report confirmed a controlled substance. It's the only piece of info that matters - to people who have a certain axe to grind.

This gets old. The presence of a controlled substance, or the presence or non-presence of a weapon, seem to be all certain bystanders care about.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    NAACP gets involved:

“Use of excessive force by law enforcement officers can no longer be tolerated in our communities. The lack of accountability erodes trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve which impedes the ability to solve crime,” Mrs. Ratcliffe said. “The NAACP is committed to a proactive approach to police shootings and all other forms of police brutality. Our solution to this egregious problem is accountability.

“It is a human and civil rights issue. When there are no systems for accountability, safety is affected and anyone can be a victim. Let Indianapolis be the last time people lose their lives and families are terrorized by a police force without accountability. Law enforcement accountability means safer communities for us all.”

IMPD chief says investigation into officer-involved shooting will take time | Fox 59

NAACP responds to police-involved shooting of Aaron Bailey | Fox 59

My guess is that the officers involved would disagree with the assertion regarding lack of accountability. It strikes me as peculiar that any (supposedly) reputable organization would make blackness the sole issue in concluding that a criminal being shot is automatically police brutality and a civil rights issue if the decedent happens to be black no matter what he was doing or how many yards long the printout of his criminal record may be.

Chief says investigation will take time? We don't need no stinking investigation! They shot a BLACK man. *Dave wonders when we will return to the standard of objective fact rather than identity politics*

If it doesn't you can rest assured it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Absolutely! Push the agenda, truth be damned.

9.9. People can't just start flipping out everytime a black guy gets shot. Primarily because it takes away from the legitimate instances of bad shoots.

Rarely does one see so much truth concentrated into so little verbiage.

Theft w/prior conviction F6, Domestic Battery in the presence of a child F6, Auto theft w/ prior conviction F6, Battery With Bodily Injury to a Pregnant Woman F5, Resisting Law Enforcement/Use of Vehicle to Commit Offense FD, Battery by body waste FD, Robbery FB, Handgun no license habitual offender FC, Battery FD, Possession of cocaine FD, Residential entry FD, Burglary FB / Theft FD, Burglary FC, Criminal Recklessness FD, Handgun no license / Dealing a lookalike substance FC, Burglary / theft FC, Theft FD.

Just a few of the highlights....along with a slew of misdemeanor charges spanning a criminal career.

I'm not justifying anything. Just looking at the facts. (all public information)

They had a small protest yesterday.

But, but, he was just starting to turn his life around .....

Well, he got some help with that. I feel confident predicting a 100% chance he will never violate the law or any code of morality again ever.

Younger than what?

Methuselah?

When I consider the people I dealt with once upon a time when I worked for the Department of Correction and the irritation I deal with today with run of the mill idiots, I couldn't imagine 20 years of actively pursuing and dealing with the worst members of our society. Best of luck finding a nice spot driving a desk!

The two coppers involved are great guys who I call friends. I hope the facts are collected and solidly on their side.

I will add to this the hope that the facts are treated as relevant rather than simply allowing these officers to be sacrificed before the altar of politics.

I agree completely! Honorable officers should not have to live in fear of the repercussions of doing their jobs.

It doesn't have much to do with 'justice', it has to do with changing who has the power and destruction of our civil institutions. Chaos and anarchy...the desired outcome. Oh, and free stuff without the threat of being arrested or shot. I think the crooked cops are their desired cops.

No justice visited upon the evil and no honorable law officers who enjoy the support of the general population would indeed be the Dark Side's dream come true, and unfortunately, they are already enjoying much success with this.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Both of the officers involved are two of my six direct subordinates. Both are newer officers, but are squared away and I enjoy working with them. I hope that the investigation is based on evidence instead of emotion.

Top Bottom