• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You can do everything 100% correct and still get the short end of the stick. I'm too old to deal with this crap anymore, 20 years behind the badge, all of it on the street. Time for me to find a nice inside job, away from this BS.[/QUOTE]

I have heard several officers make similar statements in my 16yrs working with LEO's. I also hear what Kut said in regard to reprimands for cussing after some knucklehead can't follow directions. Just last week, I learned that apparently people can now tweet a complaint about an officer to the department. Complaints need to go back to the old way of show up, file the complaint and speak with an IA investigator. I for one am tired of our officers being handcuffed with more red tape/SOP's/political correctness in the form of blaming LEO's for some douche that complains for no verifiable reason. An officer recently referred to it as "the hug a thug" policy. But as long as lawmakers/ policy makers continue to kiss ass to the shmucks that bring uproars that are in no way helpful, then this will only get worse.
    In this case, I haven't heard names but I probably know the officers and I hope for their sake that the evidence shows they acted appropriately and that they get treated fairly

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Both of the officers involved are two of my six direct subordinates. Both are newer officers, but are squared away and I enjoy working with them. I hope that the investigation is based on evidence instead of emotion.

Same here. You guys dont GET the short end of the stick, you START OUT on the short end and have to claw your way to the other end these days. Mr. Dindu Nuffin can spend decades being a thug, and we have to give him the benefit of the doubt because "he was turning his life around, y'all!". Yet the officer who has spend years out there with no history (no need to "turn it around") suddenly has to defend himself against a PRESUMED bad shoot against Mr Nuffin. Why do we have to presume the innocence of one but not the other? :xmad:

I couldnt do your job. You guys (and gals) have my utmost respect and I'd jump right in to help you if necessary. (regardless of any purple donut references here :):)

You can do everything 100% correct and still get the short end of the stick. I'm too old to deal with this crap anymore, 20 years behind the badge, all of it on the street. Time for me to find a nice inside job, away from this BS.

I have heard several officers make similar statements in my 16yrs working with LEO's. I also hear what Kut said in regard to reprimands for cussing after some knucklehead can't follow directions. Just last week, I learned that apparently people can now tweet a complaint about an officer to the department. Complaints need to go back to the old way of show up, file the complaint and speak with an IA investigator. I for one am tired of our officers being handcuffed with more red tape/SOP's/political correctness in the form of blaming LEO's for some douche that complains for no verifiable reason. An officer recently referred to it as "the hug a thug" policy. But as long as lawmakers/ policy makers continue to kiss ass to the shmucks that bring uproars that are in no way helpful, then this will only get worse.
    In this case, I haven't heard names but I probably know the officers and I hope for their sake that the evidence shows they acted appropriately and that they get treated fairly[/QUOTE]

I agree. If you want to lodge a complaint, get your butt down to the station and complain. Or at least call the non emergency line and have an officer come to you.

Tweeted complaints should be treated with about this much salt:

salt_PILE_MINE_op_800x600.jpg

Tweeting it in sounds like a professional version of SWATting.

Tweeted reports should be handled as such:
    Super: Tweeter said you ______________________. Did you?"
    Officer: "No sir. I only ______________________."
    Super: "OK. Thanks for your time."
    *super wads up the complaint and tosses it in the trash*

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hope that the investigation is based on evidence instead of emotion.

I can assure you the SGT working it in our office will. I've known him for a bit over 7 years, he was my supervisor for quite a bit of that either in uniform or in the office, I've assisted him on other Police Actions, and he's never given me the least bit of pause to question his fairness or integrity. Not as a supervisor, not as an investigator. Actually, there's not a SGT in our office I wouldn't trust, having been through the process from both sides. They are experienced detectives who are both good at the investigation and fair minded.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I can assure you the SGT working it in our office will. I've known him for a bit over 7 years, he was my supervisor for quite a bit of that either in uniform or in the office, I've assisted him on other Police Actions, and he's never given me the least bit of pause to question his fairness or integrity. Not as a supervisor, not as an investigator. Actually, there's not a SGT in our office I wouldn't trust, having been through the process from both sides. They are experienced detectives who are both good at the investigation and fair minded.

I don't know who is doing it, but I wasn't only referring to IMPD. The agency I was referring to rhymes with MCPO.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know who is doing it, but I wasn't only referring to IMPD. The agency I was referring to rhymes with MCPO.

Sure. There's parallel investigations and decision making way above his level. Just saying he's a squared away and fair guy, he'll present the facts as he can determine them, not based on anyone's agenda.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sure. There's parallel investigations and decision making way above his level. Just saying he's a squared away and fair guy, he'll present the facts as he can determine them, not based on anyone's agenda.

Exactly. One hopes that at those higher levels, truth rather than political expedience carries the day. The potential for abuse here is cause for concern.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I must be doing my job completely wrong. During the shift tonight I took a run of a disturbance involving several citizens that didn't look like me. One of them had a pistol on his lap (that he didn't bother to tell me about) while I was standing next to the car in which he was a passenger. I didn't shoot him. The cause of the disturbance wasn't shot even though he didn't look like me. A little later I saw two cars parked on the side of the road, one facing the wrong direction. Both of the people standing outside the cars didn't look like me, but I didn't shoot them. A little later a guy that didn't look like me got shot in the butt, upper legs, and groin (not by me or any of my cohorts) but instead of shooting him I cut his shorts off to assess his wounds and didn't shoot him (again). And just now there was a crash involving several people that didn't look like me and I didn't shoot any of them. I think I'm going to need retrained to shoot anyone that doesn't look like me just because they don't look like me. You know, because that's all cops do.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And the funny thing is, not one of the people that didn't look like me never said they were scared of me because I didn't look like them even though that is supposed to be how they feel. Or so I've heard lately.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's a theory: The now deceased career criminal who ended a police chase by wrecking a vehicle? Maybe he meant to arm himself but got stoned or distracted by the 26 year old female and forgot his illegally-possessed firearm.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    And the funny thing is, not one of the people that didn't look like me never said they were scared of me because I didn't look like them even though that is supposed to be how they feel. Or so I've heard lately.

What no throat punching , no curb stomping , no shooting the car full of holes , were you even wearing your jack boots ! ??? Not even a menicing look ! ??

We need to send you to commiefonia to learn how to beat a bag lady's ass without remorse .

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Here's a theory: The now deceased career criminal who ended a police chase by wrecking a vehicle? Maybe he meant to arm himself but got stoned or distracted by the 26 year old female and forgot his illegally-possessed firearm.

In all fairness when driving stoned with hookers , you can be a little forgetful .

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Oh, but you had ill intentions the whole time.
    I read it on the Internet.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

damn, you're doing something wrong, You look just like Frank N Stein and if I didn't know you, I'd be scared of ya :nailbite: :):

now, all kidding aside.
    I feel for this dept. these officers and the families involved. This is not going to be a pleasant ride, no matter what the investigation turns up.
    I have full faith that these officers did what they had to, what they felt was needed, to go home that night to their family. Only until or if facts come out to prove me wrong, that is where I stand

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am so weary of the Bravo Sierra rhetoric the talking heads spin up to gin up their agenda's.

The copious amounts of :koolaid: served up by these groups are readily consumed by the mind numbed masses.

Stay the course Frank. Resist retraining.

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    Can someone explain the process for an officer involved shooting? I am confused by the statements given to the press -

The information we can release at this time is very limited,” said Sgt. Kendale Adams with IMPD. “We are not able to speak to the officers

and

He expects the officers involved will at some point appear in front of a grand jury. After that occurs, officers can give their statements to IMPD. Until that happens, Roach said he won't know exactly what happened.

So, if an officer is involved they aren't expected to give a statement, but if it is a civilian, wouldn't the police expect a statement almost immediately? I doubt the officers did anything wrong, I am just surprised by the differing expectations

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The pay is good, but I wouldn't want to put up with the hoot'n and holler'n. After 8 years of the Obama their the poor victims and the police are the enemy approach, I'm excited to see the shut the **** up and follow the law or get what you earn Trump approach.
    These criminals don't even deserve news time.

Top Bottom