IMPD Officer killed in the line of duty.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The only sense to be made of it is that it is a product of the culture in the inner city. Arguments, disagreements and ‘disrespect’ are routinely countered with targeted ‘spray and pray’ gunfire. Conflict resolution and simply walking away might as well be an alien language in many parts of our city.

When I was a trooper working in rural counties, I recognized that I had the good fortune of dealing with a lot of decent people who couldn't or wouldn't drive well. We had our bad spots in the county, but that wasn't a day in, day out for us or the deputies. I can still remember a handful of families in Montgomery County who were terrible people raising terrible people.

I respect those in IMPD working the areas where the culture has gotten that bad. I grew up on the far east side, and it is nothing like it once was.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    probable cause affidavit filed:

IMPD Homicide said:
    AFFIDAVITFOR PROBABLE CAUSESTATE 0F INDIANA, COUNTY OF MARION, SS:Sergeant Mark Prater swears (affirms) that:On April 9, 2020 at approximately 2:47 p.m., Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Officers (IMPD) were dispatched to 18XX Edinburg Square, Apartment XX, Indianapolis, IN reference disturbance between male and female. IMPD OfficerJ. Charles, Officer B. Leath, Officer D. Webb and Officer C. Ward responded to this location. The notes added to the run bydispatcher was the male is possible 10—96 (mentally ill person), thinks someone is trying to kill him, unknown weapons or intoxication. It was also noted by dispatcher the subjects werearguing and the dispatcher was unable to get further information.The location, 18XX Edinburg Square is an apartment building with the main entrance onthe west side of the building and Apartment XX is on the Xxx floor. Officer Charles, OfficerLeath, Officer Webb and Officer Ward entered the building and went to the3rd floor whereApartment XX is located. Officer Charles went to the right side of the door of Apartment XX andOfficer Leath stood on the left side of the door. Officer Ward and Officer Webb stood diagonal from Officer Leath. Officer Charles tapped on the door to Apartment XX with his flashlight.Officer Charles stated shots were fired from inside the apartment through the apartment door. Officer Charles went into laundry room which was next to him and drew his weapon. When Officer Charles turned around, he saw Officer Leath laying on the floor. Officer Charles stated he ran past the door to Apartment XX and tried to grab Officer Leath, but hecouldn’t. Officer Charles went downstairs along with Officer Ward and Officer Webb. Theofficers exited the building and secured the outside perimeter.IMPD Sergeant Skeens arrived at the location and coordinated an extraction team ofofficers to get Officer Leath from the Xxx floor. Officers entered the building and began to go to the Xxx floor. Officers passed female who was laying on the landing leading up to the Xxxfloor. The female was awake and breathing and was laying on her side. Officers went to whereOfficer Leath was laying and carried her out of the building for medical assistance. The door to Apartment XX was opened and Officer J. Gray and Officer D. Hiser saw black male in the apartment. The black male was secured by officers and later identified as Elliahs Dorsey, DOB6/5/92.swear (affirm), under penalty 0f perjury as specified by IC 35-44. 1-2-1, that the foregoing representations are true.ls/ Mark PraterAFFIANTDATED: Error! Reference source not found.CASE NUMBER: 49GOG-2004-MC-013441 FILED: 4/1 0/2020Affidavit for Probable CauseFrom: Sergeant Mark PraterOfficer Leath was transported to Eskenazi Hospital by Medic 41 EMS 0790 and waspronounced deceased at 3:24 p.m. by Dr. Simons.The female who was laying on the landing of the stairwell was identified as A.B., B/F. She was transported to Methodist Hospital by Medic 20 EMS 0594 with gunshot wounds. There were defects on each of her thighs and two to her stomach. Upon arrival at Methodist Hospital she was treated by Dr. Hardwick and taken immediately to surgery.Marion County Crime Lab processed the scene outside of the building, the hall and stairs leading to Apartment XX and inside the apartment. Eight fired rifle cartridge casings werelocated inside Apartment XX. Two fired rifle cartridge casings were located in the hall outside Apartment XX, and two additional fired rifle cartridge casings were located on the landing where A.B. was located. Kel-Tec PLR-16 Serial PC91 pistol was located in the apartment and was recovered by Marion County Crime Lab.Elliahs Dorsey was transported to the Homicide Office at IMPD Headquarters and wasinterviewed by Sgt. Mark Prater and Detective Mark Howard. He was advised of his MirandaRights and signed the waiver of rights. Dorsey stated he slept at A.B.’s apartment last night.A.B. was there as well. He stated he woke up this morning and smoked marijuana. Dorseystated he has been feeling different and feeling like A.B. was trying to set him up. He stated that he heard A.B. talking on the phone this afternoon and she gave their address and told the person on the phone you need to come get him. Dorsey stated not long after that there wasknock at the door. Dorsey was inside the apartment and started shooting through the doorwith his Kel-Tec PRL16 pistol. He stated there were 556 and .223 rounds loaded in the magazine and he shot times.Dorsey stated A.B. went out the door and started running down the stairs. Dorsey shother and A.B. fell and was asking for help. Dorsey said the police came up approximately minute and half later. Dorsey stated he laid the gun down next to him, put his hands up and dropped to his knees. Dorsey was secured by IMPD Officers.Elliahs Dorsey was arrested for Murder and Attempt Murder and was placed in the custody of the Marion County Sheriff Department.On April 10, 2020, an autopsy was performed on Officer Breann Leath. The autopsy wasperformed by Dr. Christopher Poulos and attended by Det. Charles Benner. The manner of death was determined to be homicide and the cause of death was two gunshot wounds to thehead.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Didn’t want to quote your post because it sucks bad enough. That affidavit has me rethinking “red flag” laws, as this PROBABLY wasn’t the first contact. Sucks that a young person in Blue Lost their life, and it’s worse that there are little ones involved. I will MOST DEFINITELY defy stay at home to send this brave young lady on to Valhalla. Sorry for your loss, and her family’s loss.:(

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Her patrol car is on display at the East District Roll Call site (201 N Shadeland/Old East Gate Mall) until thursday if anyone wants to pay their respects. Unfortunately, because of this stupid pandemic, the public is not allowed up to the car to decorate it with flowers and such. The car is on the south side of the building. If you have flowers or something you want to leave on the car, you can probably ask one of the officers on site to place it on the car, or PM me and I might be able to.

Edit: Sorry, it looks like you have to remain in your vehicle. It's a drive by style tribute to her vehicle.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Her patrol car is on display at the East District Roll Call site (201 N Shadeland/Old East Gate Mall) until thursday if anyone wants to pay their respects. Unfortunately, because of this stupid pandemic, the public is not allowed up to the car to decorate it with flowers and such. The car is on the south side of the building. If you have flowers or something you want to leave on the car, you can probably ask one of the officers on site to place it on the car, or PM me and I might be able to.

Edit: Sorry, it looks like you have to remain in your vehicle. It's a drive by style tribute to her vehicle.

Ridiculous. Unless they are worried about her patrol car catching the virus. This is getting ridiculous when you cant even be trusted to social distance outdoors.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    She won't get the send off she deserves because of the lock down. Best way to show support is to donate to the trust fund. I know first hand what a loss of a Mom does to kids ... I'm just sick to my soul. Part of me wants to grab a sledge hammer and show the piece trash just how many bones a body has ...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://twitter.com/hammerandnigel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

EVvv_MeXsAA2HZ8

Top Bottom