IMPD Officer killed in the line of duty.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    This is such a sickening, and heart-breaking tragedy. The day of her death, my 11yo son asked me why someone would do that... I had no words for him.

Many years ago I worked in public safety. I have attended more than one funeral. I knew Perry Renn. I knew David Moores father. I knew Jason Baker quite well. They are but a few, in a long line of self-less public servants, who lost their lives protecting the community they served. R.I.P.

My family and I stood at the end of our street today to watch the procession, and pay our respects. I was grateful to see we were not alone.

To all those serving our community, I will never be able to thank you enough.

Stay safe, and be well...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Watched online. Rest In Peace Officer Leath, you lived as a Hero and died a Hero. You and your sacrifice to protect our community will never be forgotten I promise. Today you meet your new Chief!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watched online. Rest In Peace Officer Leath, you lived as a Hero and died a Hero. You and your sacrifice to protect our community will never be forgotten I promise. Today you meet your new Chief!

I caught part of it on the noon news. Her younger sister (I think) was so upbeat as she recalled their childhood memories and just speaking about the type of person she was. It was very moving and made me wish I'd have known her personally. RIP Brea.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is such a sickening, and heart-breaking tragedy. The day of her death, my 11yo son asked me why someone would do that... I had no words for him.

Many years ago I worked in public safety. I have attended more than one funeral. I knew Perry Renn. I knew David Moores father. I knew Jason Baker quite well. They are but a few, in a long line of self-less public servants, who lost their lives protecting the community they served. R.I.P.

My family and I stood at the end of our street today to watch the procession, and pay our respects. I was grateful to see we were not alone.

To all those serving our community, I will never be able to thank you enough.

Stay safe, and be well...

A lesson from Scooby Doo.
    The real monsters in life, are people.
    I don't mean that to be "smarmy".
    But, there are evil people in this world. Some people try to deny it, because maybe they've been fortunate to not meet them.
    But, they are there.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    But, there are evil people in this world. Some people try to deny it, because maybe they've been fortunate to not meet them.
    But, they are there.
    After taking a moment, that's essentially how I explained it to him. There is no real answer to this, especially in the mind of an 11yo boy. There are bad people in the world.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I2TZUCB.jpg

h28PlnS.jpg

9gKevC9.jpg

hhRjkoY.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone lining the streets. It was such an amazing feeling leaving the track and seeing people lined up along the streets throughout the entire procession. It brought tears to many officer's eyes. Thanks to all the out of jurisdiction officers lining the track and showing support. Thanks to every officer covering our shifts on East middles so that we could all mourn together.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thank you so much to everyone lining the streets. It was such an amazing feeling leaving the track and seeing people lined up along the streets throughout the entire procession. It brought tears to many officer's eyes. Thanks to all the out of jurisdiction officers lining the track and showing support. Thanks to every officer covering our shifts on East middles so that we could all mourn together.

Still pissed they chose no full procession for appearances...

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May He bless her child and may He see that her job is filled by a man.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    1 ) Honor guards always cut a striking figure.

2) Matching black masks on the honor guard takes an otherwise striking image into a kind of otherworldly zone.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I worked her beat today, along with one of her close friends. It was the third shift in a row that I dealt with people who told me stories of how Officer Leath helped them. She truly did touch many lives on the east side.

Top Bottom