Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    All of these arguments all sound the same, state to state... Yet, OK looks to be getting it done.

The gun control crowd trots out the old, tired arguments b/c it's all they've got. They predict blood in the streets despite years of evidence from other states that prove their fears unfounded.

They also build strawmen like this...

"Can you explain to me why I should have to pay for a license of an ID card in order to carry out my even more fundamental right to vote, but I shouldn't have to to carry a weapon?" said Rep. Shane Stone.

Because there's no difference between requiring an ID to prove your identity and requiring a citizen pay a $300 tax to the state and gain its approval in order to exercise a right guaranteed by the constitution? :n00b:

Then we have the obligatory veteran/Fudd lawmaker talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Issac, a former service member, sees the bill differently.

"I do believe in everybody's right to carry and the Second Amendment, but I don't think just anybody should carry a gun," he said.

He contradicts himself in a single freaking sentence.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The gun control crowd trots out the old, tired arguments b/c it's all they've got. They predict blood in the streets despite years of evidence from other states that prove their fears unfounded.

Because there's no difference between requiring an ID to prove your identity and requiring a citizen pay a $300 tax to the state and gain its approval in order to exercise a right guaranteed by the constitution? :n00b:

Then we have the obligatory veteran/Fudd lawmaker talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Plus the right to vote is not protected with the phrase "shall not be infringed". Just like the 4th. This opens the door for certain regulation and less absolutness than the language of the 2nd does. It's just plain English. If that phrase was not in the 2nd, they'd have a point. But it is.

Yeah, if i've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times, purported 2A supporters and gun owners sat "....BUT I don't think just anyone should be able to carry a gun". Which always means the kind of gun(s) they like or the types of people they like.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    "Can you explain to me why I should have to pay for a license of an ID card in order to carry out my even more fundamental right to vote, but I shouldn't have to to carry a weapon?" said Rep. Shane Stone.

Not sure about other states, but here in Indiana and Id is free, so at least they cant use that bs excuse here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Not sure about other states, but here in Indiana and Id is free, so at least they cant use that bs excuse here.

Yet they still do whenever voter id laws are proposed/brought up. If I'm not mistaken there are even some charity organizations that will take people to get their proper id so they can vote, yet we still get the "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" argument. But that's a different subject for a different thread...

gNjCuMC.gif

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Lets tip our hats to the Sooner State. Now, time to go back to work for Indiana.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If he wants to stick to that argument, okay. The courts have ruled against voter ID laws which put financial burdens on people to obtain them, calling it essentially a poll tax. If he wants to assert the equivalence, he's gotta go all the way. He doesn't get to cherry pick.

Top Bottom