• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I was going to mention Nick's Chili, but forgot. I've been going there since around 1975 I think. I even once played golf with Nick and his brother. Rusted Silo had a fire!?!? They expect to reopen (I hope). And Workingman's Friend -- a classic.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I sort of assumed Workingman's Friend was a Dead Head bar. Maybe not, but I like the version I've built in my head.

[video=youtube_share;TUOKXibHpbA]http://youtu.be/TUOKXibHpbA[/video]

What do I think? I think the Grateful Dead were overrated. What do I know? Good burgers at The Workingman's Friend.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    It's not too much of a diner or a drive in, but Bombers BBQ in Munster has been consistent with the quality or the food. They do an 8hr smoked chicken wing that I would eat a metric ton of.
    Would Gray Bros Cafeteria in Mooresville ft the criteria for a diner? I ate so good there once it was hard for me to breathe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haven't been there in almost 30 years, but I think Nick's Chili Parlor on Lafayette Rd. in Indy would qualify. Used to have really good chili dogs! CM might know, since it's in his neck of the woods.

Yup and last I saw still there.
    I have not been in there in a few years myself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What do I think? I think the Grateful Dead were overrated. What do I know? Good burgers at The Workingman's Friend.

Yeah the dead were highly over rated but who am I. Every dead head I knew (and I knew a few) crashed there car pretty regularly.....:):

My spouse is good friends with some of the family that owns the WMF and yes the burgers/fries are the real deal.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Ft Wayne's Douwntown Coney Island was on Triple D?!?!?!?! When? What episode?

Do love that place.

Also agree with DCR that Harold's Steer-in is awesome.

Add in Nick's Junction in Roanoke, IN and just over the border in Hicksville OH, Two Bandits Brewery - Awesome!!!
    Well i may have goofed . i did a quick google search on the Triple D web page and it came up Blank Coney Island ,
    However I am thinking it is an Incomplete list Because I am Thinking he did a couple more spot in Indiana that was not on there . But i could be Wrong And it is isnt the first time or the last
    tell us more about Two Bandits in Hicksville

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not familiar with the show so may not fit the category but a couple of other Fort Wayne haunts...

Cindy’s Diner - classic 20 bar stool seat chrome and Formica diner for breakfast. Get the Garbage!

Office Tavern - best steaks in town at an unbelievably low price. This Brooklyn Ave bar is a dive but the steaks are great and the beer is cold.

Coney Island Downtown Fort Wayne (Main street )
    Old School Coney dogs in a Old Fashioned Diner
    And they Were on Triple D

Had my usual this week at Coney Island. Two Coneys and a Coke (in old school bottle).

Oleys Pizza on 24 in Fort Wayne is absolute perfection.

I have been to close to 100 pizza joints from NYC and Chicago and I have never found a pizza to compare with Oleys double crust. Harrys in NYC is probably a close second.

I prefer the Oley’s on Lake & Coliseum but both are good.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah the dead were highly over rated but who am I. Every dead head I knew (and I knew a few) crashed there car pretty regularly.....:):

My spouse is good friends with some of the family that owns the WMF and yes the burgers/fries are the real deal.

Pretty good tenderloins there as well. And for the most part not really open past about 5 pm most days if I recall. Day drinking at its best.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Well i may have goofed . i did a quick google search on the Triple D web page and it came up Blank Coney Island ,
    However I am thinking it is an Incomplete list Because I am Thinking he did a couple more spot in Indiana that was not on there . But i could be Wrong And it is isnt the first time or the last
    tell us more about Two Bandits in Hicksville

https://www.twobanditsbrewing.com/

I think for the second year in a row, they have won first place for the FT WAYNE NEWSPAPERS READERS CHOICE AWARD for Best Brewery. This year they also won first place for Best Wait Staff & Best Local Restaurant (and they are 30 min out of the Fort).

Check out their link above. Many, many great items and the menu rotates with the seasons. Many non-standard items, many variations on old favorites too. Stellar appetizers and some menu items of exotic fare (Elk, Gator, Kangaroo, Camel...). I love the PORKER (BLT). The CUBAN BEE is a combo of great flavors. The PHILLY is always good. My current fave is the MEATLOVERS GRINDER. All their variations of a "burger" are worth trying. When it comes back in the rotation, I will for sure order the BRINER (Cheeseburger with sausage gravy and an egg). They have a TICKLE MY PICKLE - dill pickle pizza - Damn good. I could go on. Mrs Cozy describes their food as upscale bar food. I just call it damn good.

They began as a brewery - We try new brews as the roll them out, but the wife and I always love their flagship brews - DEADFROG and KILLER BEE. THICK AS THIEVES is her summer fave. I like their Winter brews PIMP MY SLEIGH & CHRISTMAS STOUT. They rotate beers all year, usually 9 of their own on tap and a hard cider from a local winery. Love those ciders too. They may be adding more taps in the near future.

If not for mandatory overtime this weekend I would have been there. I need to get there soon before I head west for a hunting trip. Planning to take a growler with me. I may not decide what flavor until I get to the bar.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Wife and I love going to the non-chain restaurants. Ever get around Greenville, Oh there is a place called Made-rite. Another place is in Cambridge, IN “No. 9 Grill”.

Top Bottom