• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    IMO, no. Ditto the wife.
    I think we just got tired of it. And before our last visit, we had been to NOLA.

Sadly no. Still a great atmosphere but the food has gone downhill in the last few years.

That is too bad, but not surprising. They have been around a long time (early 2000's by my recollection.). It is hard for independent restaurants to go that long.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Your wife's not as good as she used to be either? :stickpoke:

OK, let's change that to:

IMO, no. Ditto the wife.
    I think I just got tired of it/her. And before our last visit, I had been to NOLA and the House of the Rising Sun.

sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    I would vote for XXX in Lafayette and also check out a great place called Rusted Silo BBQ in Lizton, IN. This place is a hole in the wall but they smoke some great BBQ, just off I-74 West

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Want a good chili dog or greasy cheeseburger? Carlsons drive-in in Michigan City. Old school drive-in, sit in your car or eat at picnic tables.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    Mug N Bun is old school at its best; order the onion rings (1 order) for 2 or 3 people, but otherwise get the onion bites if it's just for you. Best on the planet.
    Not really a dive, but a well-kept secret among locals is Iaria's near downtown if you like Italian food. Hard to find, and small, but the food is fabulous. Discovered them after hearing an interview with Mario Andretti one May many years ago. That's where the Andretti family eats, 'nuff said.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I would vote for XXX in Lafayette and also check out a great place called Rusted Silo BBQ in Lizton, IN. This place is a hole in the wall but they smoke some great BBQ, just off I-74 West

This is on my list of places to try.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sadly no. Still a great atmosphere but the food has gone downhill in the last few years.

That is too bad, but not surprising. They have been around a long time (early 2000's by my recollection.). It is hard for independent restaurants to go that long.

I think the Mooresville location opened up in 2005, the original location for Zydeco's was in Monrovia and opened in 1997. I used to deliver beer to both and at one time was Carter and Debbie's Anheuser-Busch sales rep.
    Carter cooked me my first deep fried turkey. From what I have heard the quality has slipped a little, but this might be related to both COVID and downtown Mooresville being hit by the tornado, it did damage the roof to it and a lot of businesses downtown.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think the Mooresville location opened up in 2005, the original location for Zydeco's was in Monrovia and opened in 1997. I used to deliver beer to both and at one time was Carter and Debbie's Anheuser-Busch sales rep.
    Carter cooked me my first deep fried turkey. From what I have heard the quality has slipped a little, but this might be related to both COVID and downtown Mooresville being hit by the tornado, it did damage the roof to it and a lot of businesses downtown.

I enjoyed zydecos until they were passing out food and water to the BLM protestors in Mooresville. After that, nah. I’ll stick with squealers, grays, and dongs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I enjoyed zydecos until they were passing out food and water to the BLM protestors in Mooresville. After that, nah. I’ll stick with squealers, grays, and dongs.

Dong's is another one that I'd heard good things about that left me disappointed. It was okay, and by that I mean *just* okay. No better than any other strip mall Chinese buffet. I miss the Consulate House (now closed) in downtown Indy. That was a great Chinese buffet. Their General Tso's chicken was the best I've had. It had the whole red peppers in it. The stuff at Dong's might have had a few crushed red pepper flakes in it, but wasn't spicy in the least.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I believe Moorsville was the original location and Monrovia was the second. Their story is a fun one. Never thought they would keep this going this long.

Top Bottom