• ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Huh?

Not sure how alcohol and PC / social justice is related, but whatever.

And if you drank alcohol, and then continued on your way home, you were driving drunk. ;)

Well, I never mentioned "social justice"- and. at 6'4" and 235 lbs, if 2 beers equates to "drunk", well, you"re buying into the PC line of BS I'm referring to. The local governments and lawyers derive a big chunk of cash from these policies, that's a significant motivation.i don't approve of drunk driving- that's not my point- it's the acceptance of 4th amendment violations because it's unpopular to to be in opposition.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    They are GMADD now. Just an aging thing.

Have you ever BaC’d yourself? I should not be driving at 0.07. I support 0.05. But I think you should be able to drink a beer while you drive if you are under the limit.

Yes, but, um, that was a while ago I don't recall....:whistle: But I do know that I, too, should not be driving at 0.07. And I suspect that is true for most of us, except:

The thing is a lot of drunk drivers are chronic alcoholics who drive at 0.25 and you can’t tell because they do it just fine and don’t get pulled over. Changing the limit for them won’t Matter at all. It’ll catch the docs, accountants, and soccer moms who met friends after work and headed home when they should have waited another hour because they aren’t used to 0.08

What of the people who are fine at 0.2 but shake like mad at 0.0? They shouldn’t drive if SOBER

Just my opinion.

And that is why we have the per se laws that say it is a crime if one drives with a BAC of 0.08 or more. High quality, well-practiced, habituated drinkers. They are still impaired, they have just learned to adapt.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Huh?

Not sure how alcohol and PC / social justice is related, but whatever.

And if you drank alcohol, and then continued on your way home, you were driving drunk. ;)

Well, I never mentioned "social justice"- and. at 6'4" and 235 lbs, if 2 beers equates to "drunk", well, you"re buying into the PC line of BS I'm referring to. The local governments and lawyers derive a big chunk of cash from these policies, that's a significant motivation.i don't approve of drunk driving- that's not my point- it's the acceptance of 4th amendment violations because it's unpopular to to be in opposition.

Here's some math to help you:

If your beers are standard domestic in bottles (12oz) they'll each raise your BAC by about .015% per drink, per hour. Drink em quickly and back-to-back and you'll be at about .03. Your body metabolizes alcohol at a rate of about .0145% per hour (so basically one standard "drink" per hour). If you drink a beer an hour, you'll be around .000% an hour after your last beer. If I drink 6 beers in an hour, I'll be between .065% and .080% at the end. If I drink 6 beers over 6 hours, I'll be close to .000% at the end.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess it depends on the definition of "drunk", "intoxicated", etc. Probably just irrelevant semantics.

Nevertheless, I don't think alcohol and BAC limits fall under umbrella of political correctness. Utah certainly isn't a bastion of political correctness, yet they're pretty dry. Portland, OR, however, is very PC; and they love their craft beer and fancy cocktails.

watchamakalit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    US
    Sorry ive been absent from the discussion.

I didnt mean to imply mandatory breathalyzers for anyone exiting an establishment with a liquor license.
    Nor am I saying we need to spend eleventy billion on police salaries to do so.
    I am simply saying maybe we need to look at preventing dui offenses as a team effort instead of a constant us (non law enforcement citizens) against the cops concept.
    I'm just suggesting that instead of waiting until things have reached the danger zone (drunk already behind the wheel) maybe we can be more proactive and work to prevent them from driving in the beginning. I feel a friendly police presence might help people too think twice about driving. I'm willing to admit I have been stopped from driving before I got in my car by one of our local city officers ive known for years and he simply asked if I was planning to drive, when I responded yes he asked if I thought that was a good idea. No breathalyzers or stupid human tricks needed. It was just enough to make me take pause and rethink my choices. Who knows, that officers friendly attitude could have saved my life or yours that night.
    Checkpoints are a sore spot for me due to the ratio of non alcohol related violations that get cited vs the alcohol violations. I'm not saying they dont work. I'm just saying if its a DUI checkpoint they shouldnt be citing minor infractions like seat belts or taillights. Id be ok with warnings in such a situation but no comfortable with tickets being issued in most cases.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom