• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So from where this bill is right now, whats the time line look like? Is this something that has 20 more hoops to jump through? Is this a month from being voted on? A year? I am unfamiliar with the entire process a bill has to go through...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Nice catch! All the better. Time to start saving some pennies...
    please note thats the date the law WOULD go into effect IF it get approved and signed!

as of today it HAS not been signed yet!

the comment i was making was to you saying that it will be 6 months till it gets signed! i said i hope not cause it go's into effect on 7.1.13 (if it gets approved by the full senate and signed by the govenor!)

but as of today 2.28.13 it(the bill) has not been updated since 1.28.13, so no vote by the full senate, and not signed yet!

so you can save your pennies if you want, but if it don't get signed. buy a good assisted opener

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    It is really funny that you can buy any knife in Indiana but not a auto (switch blade). I have been to many of states and you can buy them at flea markets. I hope that this bill passes. My son lives in Florida and soon as this Passes I am going to have him send me one.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It is really funny that you can buy any knife in Indiana but not a auto (switch blade). I have been to many of states and you can buy them at flea markets. I hope that this bill passes. My son lives in Florida and soon as this Passes I am going to have him send me one.

you can buy them at flea markets and gunshows, BUT it is a class b misdemeanor to buy,sell,loan,carry or even own one,in some states you can collect but not carry one, indiana is not one of those states

not saying i own any but i did buy a nice copy of a lone wolf diablo at a gunshow, from a deputy sheriff from up north

if you do have your son send you one, DO NOT send it by the post office! use ups or fed ex! its against federal law to ship a "switchblade" by usps!

but why do that, as soon as the law passes, get one from brad or sheila!

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Just my humble opinion, but it has always seemed monumentally stupid that a person can obtain and qualify for a concealed carry permit, after a proper background check, to carry a "dangerous" hand gun but not an automatic knife.

Harry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Soooooo, did this bill get out of committee or did it die a slow death as usual? If both House and Senate concur it would be ready to be signed, correct!

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just called 800-382-9841, this is the house of representatives phone number, got right through, voiced my support for this bill. I first called the number for the senate, they put me over to this number. Call call call!! or email, but i think calling might be more of an impact.

Harry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    No news is good news? If the 2013 legislatures have adjourned, SB181 still pending in committee?

Top Bottom