• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I received this email from Sen. Jim Tomes:
    I'd like to take a moment and mention to any of you who support my bill to repeal the ban on switchblade knives in Indiana, SB 181, that this would be the time to contact Rep. Bill Davis who is the House Chairman of Public Policy where that bill currently stands.

If you go to the link I've copied you can use that to contact him and all the House committee members to encourage them to give this bill a hearing. This is as close as we've every been and I doubt whether I will try this anymore. It would be nice to abolish this antiquated law. You might want to also contact Speaker Bosma as well.

Indiana General Assembly

If you haven't visited our new website you need to do so. I hope that everyone is now getting my e-mails and if you'd like to just reply to let me know, feel free to do that.

Since I went to work on my bill back in June to address the drone issue there has been many developments and news accounts. At first I was getting a lot of flak from the media and the keyboard commandos who peck out their vile letters without putting their names on them, but that has since stopped, as well as all the jokes. It was gratifying to get fellow senators to now sign on with me, some of whom were having a lot a fun ribbing me about it. I hope that it will get the summer study.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

If you want to see this pass, drop a line to Rep. Davis and maybe to Speaker of the House Brian Bosma as well. As of now, it's stuck in committee, and Sen. Tomes says above that he probably will not try again.

Let's get this stupid law repealed.

Blessings,
    Bill

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Here is the response from the representative from my district. It passed the senate with zero problems. We need to get as many people calling and emailing on this as possible to get this done.

"Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to write me regarding your thoughts on Senate Bill 181. SB 181 passed out of the Senate and is now in the House of Representatives for consideration. The bill has been assigned to the House Committee on Public Policy. While I do not sit on that committee, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should SB 181 come before the full house for a vote. The following link will take you to the full text, fiscal impact statement and action list for SB 181.

http://in.gov/apps/lsa/session/billwatch/billinfo?year=2013&session=1&request=getBill&docno=181

Thank you again for your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Todd Huston
    Representative, District 37
    117th General Assembly"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I assume it is Bosma holding this up, since he suggests writing him? Obviously someone has put a hold on this for it to pass unanimously in the Senate yet die in this committee. Didn't it die here last time as well?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know that Bosma is holding it up, Expat, but once it passes the committee, it goes to the full House, and Speaker Bosma could refuse to put it on the calendar. We don't want that, so I suggested writing him also.

It is not yet dead in committee, it simply has not been brought to a vote yet. I'd like to encourage it to be brought up, and I'm apparently not the only one.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    This is probably our last chance of getting this stupid law repealed. It wasn't called up for final vote last year and they used the excuse of running out of time because they cut the legislative session short. If it doesn't get called up this time, I highly doubt that any politician would want to sponsor it again in the future. :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is probably our last chance of getting this stupid law repealed. It wasn't called up for final vote last year and they used the excuse of running out of time because they cut the legislative session short. If it doesn't get called up this time, I highly doubt that any politician would want to sponsor it again in the future. :twocents:

I thought I remembered it dying last year. It looks like someone (committee chair, speaker...) doesn't want this coming up for a vote.

Harry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    It's getting down to crunch time for our legislators for thumbs up or down for SB 181.

Monday 4/25/13 Last day for 3rd reading of Senate bills in House.

Monday 4/29/13 Last day for adjournment of both houses....

If there is no action on our part, then it is our own inactions that this bill dies! I e-mailed Chairman and Speaker to voice my support for SB 181...

Top Bottom