• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It seems to work fine in the other 49 states. Addressing the restrictions on liquor stores is important, but not doing it first is not going to drive them out of business. If that was the case, then Indiana would be the only state with liquor stores. The article was wrong, Indiana is not the only place you can't buy alcohol on Sunday. There are many places that have dry counties that prohibit take home alcohol sales ever day of the week, Calloway County in Kentucky is one I have been to. I bet they don't have any liquor stores in dry counties. Lets get rid of dry counties, Sunday regulations ( alcohol, car, and horse sales ), and keep vehicle inspections off the books.

Well actually, one good thing about vehicle inspections, those silly trucks that blow black exhaust smoke out of their chrome bed stacks, all over us drivers behind them, will be forced to comply! They do it on purpose too, I have driven behind a truck that floors it, so it smokes screens me.

I never saw a truck with something that stupid, before moving here from CA where we have regular inspections, and smog tests. I couldn't believe my eyes.

But at the same time, we would all have to have cats on our cars, and I would have to take the breather off of my PCV valve and put the fume recycling tube back on,

Yep, especially the airline industry (transportation). How did deregulation decrease competition and increase prices?

:+1:

If you ask me, airline industry has not been nearly deregulated enough. If the state were to truly deregulate liquor sales, liquor stores would see a HUGE increase in profit.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    You even out the playing field, sorta like buying a firearm @ Wal-Mart, they have to follow the same laws and regulations that a LGS does. No if's, and's or but's about it, then I might agree to an extent about changing the law.

That's what I'm saying... level the playing field. I fail to see a problem with that.

Might I add, what everyone is seeing in the IndyStar about this matter, is being slanted the same way that the Gun Control is being reported, it is not factually correct.

That's true, but hardly surprising. When has the media EVER reported facts correctly?

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    so do you want deregulation, or simply sunday sales...the two are not the same and that is the point im trying to make

I want all sellers to play by the same rules, and to be able to buy on Sunday.

Don't tell me we can't do both. I spent a decade spending money in liquor stores on Sunday, in gas stations buying 3.2 beer because the only liquor store in town wasn't open on Sunday by the owner's choice, and in grocery stores buying single malt scotch because it was cheaper than anywhere else.

My turn: Do you want protected merchants who get their protection from the .gov, or do you want free markets where consumers have choice?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    My turn: Do you want protected merchants who get their protection from the .gov, or do you want free markets where consumers have choice?

but thats not the issue, package stores are not protected, the krogers and cvs stores are. By saying that, simply because package stores do not want sunday sales they are seeking protection status is overlooking the fact that by simply allowing sunday sales, and nothing else, you place them at a further disadvantage in the "free market" by virtue of government regulations placed upon them.

Package stores operate with a hand tied behind their back by the government, to say that by changing the law to allow sunday sales, and no other law changes, is just making their ability co be part of the free market a bigger challenge

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom