• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In 10 days? Highly dubious. That comment couldn't 'possibly' be his lawyer grandstanding, could it? Oh, of course not. :n00b:

19 posts so far, and NO "JBT" reference, as yet? Amazing! :laugh:

At my employer, 3 days without scheduled vacation or medical excuse, you get terminated.

Is it not possible that he had bills that needed paid and couldn't be because he was locked up and now have late fees or past due notices?

Is it not possible that his landlord wants him out because he was wrongly accused of being a drug dealer?

I seriously hope you aren't a Leo with your callous attitude of Leo **** ups.

Let us lock you up for 10 days.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had an uncle whose mom and dad apparently liked odd names---his given first name was Judge. One time, my brother bought some furniture on one of those store credit deals. Well, he paid off the loan but the store kept saying he still owed money on the loan. He showed my uncle the canceled checks and all so my uncle wrote a letter to the credit department tell get them he'd reviewed the records and ask ed them to stop and close the account or he'd begin legal action. I guess when a Judge asks you to stop, people take it seriously even if the Judge is a mailman. :):

I could imagine he may have had some interesting traffic stops with a name like that.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    At my employer, 3 days without scheduled vacation or medical excuse, you get terminated.

Is it not possible that he had bills that needed paid and couldn't be because he was locked up and now have late fees or past due notices?

Is it not possible that his landlord wants him out because he was wrongly accused of being a drug dealer?

I seriously hope you aren't a Leo with your callous attitude of Leo **** ups.

Let us lock you up for 10 days.
    Very possible. It's an evictable offense on my lease. It would take slightly more than 10 days for the non-payment default to kick in (on my lease), but if he was well into the month when it happened and hadn't paid yet, it's possible there too.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know a blonde headed white woman in Carmel that was arrested and transported to Howard county in a Friday due to a warrant with her SSN on it. Even the desk sgt commented that the warrant was for an Hispanic Male, but she would have to spend the weekend in the Jail until the Judge comes to court Monday morning. How can they continue to put people in charge who cannot tell the difference between a white woman and a Hispanic male? And how idiotic to continue the process AFTER you realize a mistake has been made. Sort of like installing an engine that you know has no pistons.

Sounds like people in the school system, apparently that person couldn't think for themselves either.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Except that this has nothing to do with drug dealing and everything to do with improper warrant service...

Well, the baby who had his face blown off has nothing to do with drugs either. Wrong-door raids, dead pets, dead cops, asset forfeiture, illegal searches... all these injustices sort of coincidentally pile up in the enforcement of drug laws.

Let's not get carried away and recognize any patterns, though.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well, the baby who had his face blown off has nothing to do with drugs either. Wrong-door raids, dead pets, dead cops, asset forfeiture, illegal searches... all these injustices sort of coincidentally pile up in the enforcement of drug laws.

Let's not get carried away and recognize any patterns, though.

Why are you so desperate to link this to what charge the warrant was for when that had nothing to do with the wrong person being arrested.

The war on drugs is a debatable issue with plenty of problems on both sides. Incorrect inputting of data into a warrant is NOT one of them as it has nothing to do with drugs.

Thousands of warrants issue every week in Indiana and some of them are buggered up like this one.

Why are you minimizing the real problem here, which appears to be sloppy/incompetent police work which can happen on ANY kind of case?

Would this be any less outrageous if the warrant was for driving while suspended?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why are you so desperate to link this to what charge the warrant was for when that had nothing to do with the wrong person being arrested.

The war on drugs is a debatable issue with plenty of problems on both sides. Incorrect inputting of data into a warrant is NOT one of them as it has nothing to do with drugs.

Thousands of warrants issue every week in Indiana and some of them are buggered up like this one.

Why are you minimizing the real problem here, which appears to be sloppy/incompetent police work which can happen on ANY kind of case?

Would this be any less outrageous if the warrant was for driving while suspended?

hopefully for modern gunners sake, there is someone with the same name as him with a child molestation warrant. 10 days in the slammer will be no big deal and the type of charges won't matter.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I know of a guy in Kokomo who has been harassed due to having the same name as a douche bag. I think at least once, he was taken into the station before they finally figured out he was not the droid they were looking for. Same name but descriptions were totally different.

I guess having a name like Dweezul ain't so bad after all.
    I think I might know who you're talking about. Both guys had the same first name and their last names were only different by one letter. One was H***** and the other was O****.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The police arrested the right person on the warrant, the court issued a warrant for the wrong person.

Exactly my point earlier. Whoever filled out the paperwork for the warrant should be held libel. State governments like making laws so much why don't they make penalties for this sort of thing. And I mean real penalties.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Exactly my point earlier. Whoever filled out the paperwork for the warrant should be held libel. State governments like making laws so much why don't they make penalties for this sort of thing. And I mean real penalties.

Here's a thought. Those serving warrants do their own paperwork so there's no one else to blame. Nah, they'll just blame the CI then.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My brother used to live with me. He would take my license and ID (long before pi ID's) and sneak out one of my cars. He got maybe 4 tickets on my license. Never told me of any of them. I was pulled over one night for speeding (yes I was) and there were bench warrants for those tickets. Yes, I went to the pokey. Spent the night, bonded out and started looking for my brother. Lucky I did not kill him.
    I had to get one of the officers that wrote him up to ID me. Long and drawn out process. Aint family cool.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Except that this has nothing to do with drug dealing and everything to do with improper warrant service...

People are going to make mistakes in the process of enforcing the law. By nature, those mistakes are going to be more grave than a mistake made during other processes.

Minimizing the number of laws being enforced will also serve to minimize the grave mistakes that take place.

It's all connected.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

They say you should never support a law unless you would have it enforced against your grandma.

Why?

Every law, every warrant is an invitation to send a SWAT team after someone. Every single time that happens, a chance exists for destroying someone's life. You have to expect that government is going to be full of violence and incompetence.

So, we better be able to justify the reasons we think it is worth the risk.

Pills? Am I willing to risk killing grandma over pills? No way. That's what brought this on and it can't be ignored.

Someone who appreciates small government wants to minimize the number of excuses that the police can interject into people's lives. The Drug War instead gives tens of thousands of excuses to send police after people every year. And there are never a shortage of Drug War horror stories.

Top Bottom