• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    And one of the major reasons people are getting summoned to misdemeanor court is... drugs!

That number only counts federal and state-level arrests. It EXCLUDES all prisoners in county and city jails (untracked statistic). The overall number is estimated to be several times higher.
    WTH is a state level arrest? There is no such thing in Indiana or even most states.

Have you ever looked at a triple I?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My point is that bad warrant service is a problem in itself regardless of what the warrant is for...

I don't think that anyone here disagrees with this.

Most of us have previously discussed and supported individual liability for the person who makes such a mistake.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I don't think that anyone here disagrees with this.

Most of us have previously discussed and supported individual liability for the person who makes such a mistake.

Exactly, this is an issue of enforcement. I don't understand why some are ignoring that completely as if the existence of "law" in the first place is the problem.

It would exist even in a Millsian/Benthamite libertarian utopia.

There are valid arguments on both sides of the drug issue, but this case is not really one of them.

Improper warrant issuance and service is a problem that exists regardless of what the warrant is for.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    WTH is a state level arrest? There is no such thing in Indiana or even most states.

I cited that incorrectly. I meant prisoners, not arrests.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there were 1,571,013 prisoners in state and federal prisons in 2012. This tally does not account for prisoners locked in city, county, and juvenile jails.

"Nearly half (48%) of inmates in federal prison were serving time for drug offenses in 2011." (Source: BJS)

If we had data on the local jails it would assuredly contain gigantic amounts of drug offenders. The USA is the undisputed #1 jailer in the world.

Have you ever looked at a triple I?

Not that I can recall.

Top Bottom