• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm usually leery of any person or group who makes that much effort to assert that they are not racist.

Usually it's liberals who do so since being racist is perhaps the greatest sin of all in their world, when in reality they are some of the most racist people on the planet. They're just more subtle about expressing it.

In my opinion, all post-adolescent people who are capable of recognizing and differentiating appearance characteristics are racist in some manner to some degree. By that I mean everyone is racist. Furthermore, so what? It's only a problem if you allow your perceptions and prejudices to unduly influence your actions in a negative way.

People that deny their racism so vehemently are providing observers with a huge clue.

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have Ben going over some of the replies on this thread. Are we talking about The Militia in Indiana, or are we talking about only one Militia unit? As a new member to this fine board I am going to put my head on the chopping block and relay some points that I have discovered regarding the Militia in Indiana and in other states.

#1 The IMC is not the only militia in Indiana and dose not represent or set the standard for the Militia in Indiana.

#2 True Militias actively encourage FBI, CIA, local law enforcement etc to come to there meetings. In short nothing to hide, lawfully and above board.

#3 Most of what you hear about militias are hear say and news room demonising of the militia in general.

#4 True Militias, are not racist or anti government. Some claim to be militias but are in fact hate groups only useing the militia in name only. To be forwarned is to be forarmed.

#5 True Militias are pro Constitution and Bill of Rights not anti government.

#6 Rank has no meaning in the militia and most do not use rank in any way. Not to say there is no leadership. Just rank is not needed.

#7 The neighborhood watch groups that was mentioned is in fact the militia. We The People, are the Unorganized Militia. You just choose to call it something else.

I have had the pleasure of meeting some fine Americans who are in the Militia and they are not what the news, government propaganda or hearsay portray them as.

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That sounds pretty much like what the militia in question has on their web site.

That is true Rhino, with the exception of the personal information request and the rank thing. I see some things on that site I disagree with. The personal information issue is a big one for me and most likely a turn off folks. He has some good points. But to my understanding potential members are met face to face and in a relaxed neutral setting with a militia member with no long membership application with personal information given in the militias that I have had the pleasure of talking to. I have no Idea why this is so important to this one. I would not join MIC just on that count alone, as would most folks who value there personal information. I am just stating that the militias members I have had conversations with are low profile, everyday, hard working, good honest Americans who do not have illusions of grandeur.

Last edited:

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Section 5. The militia may be divided into classes of sedentary and active militia, in such manner as shall be prescribed by law.

As I read it,sedentary = unorganised, and active = organised as in the National Guard. Correct me if i'm wrong.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    The feds keep records of long gun purchases, not handguns. Does that tell you anything? Want to get on a list? Join a militia. I think the idea of a militia is a sound idea, but even though the majority of members are usually good people, the organizations tend to attract nut jobs. Those attract the attention of the feds.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Most Militias are not State sponsored. I have been trying to find out what would have to be done to create an Indiana State sponsored militia that would recognize the Governor as the Commander in Chief, as the new article 12 states:
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]ARTICLE 12.[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Militia.[/FONT]
    Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons
    over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be
    exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia
    may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such
    military organizations as may be provided by law.
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic](History: As Amended November 3, 1936; November 5, 1974).[/FONT]
    Section 2. The Governor is Commander-in-Chief of the militia and
    other military forces of this state.
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic](History: As Amended November 5, 1974).[/FONT]
    Section 3. There shall be an Adjutant General, who shall be
    appointed by the Governor.
    Section 4. No person, conscientiously opposed to bearing arms,
    shall be compelled to do so in the militia.
    Section 5.
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic](History: Repealed November 5, 1974).[/FONT]
    Section 6.
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic](History: Repealed November 5, 1974).[/FONT]

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    It sounds like the "active" militia is the NG. The inactive would de be the private citizens. I agree, most of the militias tend to attract anti-gov wackos. Some do go work, ever here of the Minute Man Project?

scor5150pio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I actually found this site while searching for info on the Indiana Militia. They have come to my attention of late and have held some interest for me. I am currently in the application process and am anticipating appointment as an Officer. Can you believe they let new people in as an Officer with LE training...lol

Anyway I'm looking at it as just hanging with like minded guys who like gun, shooting and other antisocial stuff. They can mistrust the government and the Freemasons all they want. I don't know exactly what this is all about. But I'm sure to figure things out as time progresses.
    The citizen Militia isn't a bad idea as far as I know. As LE I do know that when SHTF or as I put it, "When Society Falls" (thats WHEN not IF...lol) we will all be on our own. The events of Katrina(small scale) or a Jericho-type scenario(mass casualty/ large scale) We will all be fending for ourselves for some amount of time. I know that if/ when something of that scale happens I will be nowhere near a major urban area. The thugs will loot and thrive in the ensuing lawlessness of the initial days and weeks. (Katrina)
    I should hope that the good folks out in the counties( where I am) will pull together to keep things as normal as possible. In my thinking that would be where Militia would fit in, assisting the local law enforcement with the thugs who will undoubtedly run out of resourses in the urban areas quickly and move out into the burbs looking for supplies. I'm more than certian they will find more guns and ammo than they want to see. But it'll mostly be locked and loaded and beaded down on them!
    Anyway I'm glad I founf your site and I hope to share any info I find to be of value and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this and other issues.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is also a reserve for the Indiana National Guard. One of their duties is to staff national guard amories when the guardsmen are deployed.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The Indiana Guard Reserve is also under the command of the Governor. It is the only LEGAL and Constitutional Militia in the State.
    If I was to join a Militia group, that is where I would look.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Interesting stuff

Thanks! I'm reading up on these guy and they do seem a little less nutty.

"A little less nutty" seems accurate but the question that comes to my mind is..........what level of nuttiness is OK? Reading the obviously-faked FAQs and the list of "approved" weapons raised the nutty level for me. I'm having visions of guys with WWI helmets and trapdoor Springfields standing next to full blown mall ninjas with paintball markers. No offense meant to the paintball crowd but you get my drift. BTW, I have the Springfield but not the helmet. :rolleyes:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Just to clarify my previous post, this is the Indiana Guard Reserve I am talking about; WWW.mdisdf.org

1. The website does not have FAQ's, fake or otherwise.

2. They do not recommend firearms since when needed, you would be issued a firearm by the proper authority.

3. Missions are assigned through the Military Department of the State of Indiana throgh the chain of command

These are not a bunch of guys talking crap about how "awful the gummint is". This is the only legal and constitutional Militia under command of the governor in Indiana.

All the rest are wannabees.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Just to clarify my previous post, this is the Indiana Guard Reserve I am talking about; WWW.mdisdf.org

1. The website does not have FAQ's, fake or otherwise.

2. They do not recommend firearms since when needed, you would be issued a firearm by the proper authority.

3. Missions are assigned through the Military Department of the State of Indiana throgh the chain of command

These are not a bunch of guys talking crap about how "awful the gummint is". This is the only legal and constitutional Militia under command of the governor in Indiana.

All the rest are wannabees.

You might want to check again about the two (2) types of Militia - one is "government operated" and the other is civilian. Not all civilian Militias are "we're going to take over the government" types. Some are actually interested in keeping their communities safe.

Top Bottom