• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The screenshot I saw made me wonder what the difference is between "displaying" and "brandishing"

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    As a general rule no, but if you're going to defend someone, what then? The family's story is that an off duty cop ran his sister off the road and at some point they stopped and he pointed his pistol at her.

Right, wrong or indifferent... if a cop points his gun at me on the street I am letting mine sit idle. If he is in the wrong I will have my day in court. Better than being a macho dumbass and having my family go to another funeral.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    No good comes of having an Indiana LTCH while in Chicago, IL.

I don't believe any facts will ever be objectively reviewed; we will likely never know what really happened...each side has a stake in the political spin and the spinsters love, love, love this. I'm almost surprised the riots haven't started yet, but I guess the paid rioters take a minute to mobilize.

One more reason to not go to Chicago, let the dead burry the dead.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    True News USA This is a blog put out by a retired cop who lives very close to where the incident took place There is a photo of the dead guy pointing his gun at someone out of frame. The picture shows the guy about 4 or 5 doors down west from the fire station. It is being reported that before the uniformed cop showed up there was quite a fight. One fireman, one off duty cop, and at least 2 others not with the funeral people were treated for injuries at a local hospital . I still have not read a report that totally makes sense to me about how this took place. Even though the guys words who writes the blog are quite coarse I think it will have the most accurate information on how this played out. I expect that there is a lot more to the story than what has been reported.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    True News USA This is a blog put out by a retired cop who lives very close to where the incident took place There is a photo of the dead guy pointing his gun at someone out of frame. The picture shows the guy about 4 or 5 doors down west from the fire station. It is being reported that before the uniformed cop showed up there was quite a fight. One fireman, one off duty cop, and at least 2 others not with the funeral people were treated for injuries at a local hospital . I still have not read a report that totally makes sense to me about how this took place. Even though the guys words who writes the blog are quite coarse I think it will have the most accurate information on how this played out. I expect that there is a lot more to the story than what has been reported.

I clicked on that once....won't evver visit that site again

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And here is a Chicago Police Officer's interpretation of the Illinois law from his Nov. 7th blog post.

Second City Cop

...In fact, any weapon in a functional condition in the passenger compartment (or on the street) is a UUW charge...

While not necessarily an accurate interpretation of the Illinois law it is an officer's perception and one you would have to wait until you got to court to prove you were right (if you did not get shot first).

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was under the impression that an IN resident with a LTCH could exit their vehicle as long as they were in the direct area of their vehicle. In other words. If I stop to pump gas I am in the direct area of my vehicle.

I will be going through early in the morning headed to Lancaster, WI. I will be carrying, but don't plan on stopping in Chicago unless it's an emergency.

Edit:
    I just went to the IL State Police website. It says that if a nonresident leaves their vehicle unattended they must lock firearm in the car or in a lock box. I think the definition leaves some gray area whether or not you must remain in your car.

If I'm pumping gas my vehicle is being attended to. I go inside to pee then it's unattended.

I believe, and maybe I incorrect, you can also exit the vehicle to place it in the trunk.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm trying to read this and figure out from the narrative, what exactly happened. Was the guy carrying while in his car? If so, that's legal but why did he step out? It wasn't started if the cops told him to step out but then the families tell a different story. I hope there's video evidence as to what happened.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No good comes of [STRIKE]having an Indiana LTCH while in[/STRIKE] stepping foot in Chicago, IL.

I don't believe any facts will ever be objectively reviewed; we will likely never know what really happened...each side has a stake in the political spin and the spinsters love, love, love this. I'm almost surprised the riots haven't started yet, but I guess the paid rioters take a minute to mobilize.

One more reason to not go to Chicago, let the dead burry the dead.

FIFY. I see no good reason to go to that craphole.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Bah! There's fun things to do there. You just have to know where to go and not go and not act like a slack-jawed yokel....and being proud of my yokel nature, that means something.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My #1 daughter goes to DePaul. It's a nice area where she is and where she tends to go, but she is getting quite an education on the real world.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No good comes of having an Indiana LTCH while in Chicago, IL.

Ok, have to ask. Is this something you heard in a gun shop or something?

Sounds to me like a personal opinion.

FIFY. I see no good reason to go to that craphole.

Bah! There's fun things to do there. You just have to know where to go and not go and not act like a slack-jawed yokel....and being proud of my yokel nature, that means something.

I rather tend to agree. There is nothing there "fun" enough to make me choose to be voluntarily disarmed, nor to choose to pay their exorbitant tax rate for whatever "fun" thing I might otherwise want to do, nor do I have any desire to be amongst that many people with that horrible traffic (if driving).

There have been times I've gone to the Chicago area and even into the city itself when my employer required it. There have been times I've driven through, going farther north. I do my very best to ensure I don't have to stop there for anything to eat nor for fuel for the car... but if necessary, I don't have a problem proving my kidneys and bowels work while there.

Blessings,
    Bill

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I saw a story about this on the AM Chicago news and they were showing a pic purportedly of the deceased and he was clearly pointing a handgun.

Top Bottom