• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Due to the lack of Free training and shooting opportunities in Indiana, I along with another shooter I used to run and gun with have set up a facebook group for networking purposes. Our goal is to create a hub specifically for people who like to run and gun, for people that need to find property to train on and for people that have property to train on.

The facebook group is called "Indiana Run and Gun Project"

If your a member of the tactical community...join!

We also have a group here on INGO
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=157

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sounds like a good idea.
    Finding land to do that is not easy in Indiana, not like in Utah or other states where they can just shoot anywhere in the desert.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Would the admind have to create a sub forum for this topic?
    The facebook broup already has 27 members and alot of them from INGO!
    Plus we already have a guy from northern In. with a free range opportunity!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've been setting up Jungle Runs on my property and running them the last few months. I've got a sprint run with 10 stations that takes about 3 minutes to run, and an intermediate one with 24 stations that takes about ten minutes and is 3/5s of a mile long. Working on a longer one that will shoot for (pun intended) 30 minutes to be run with a light pack. Each station currently has multiple targets and shoot/no shoot decisions have to be made. I've been working on various shooting solutions for the stations to mix it up.

I have to say that when I first started it I was just looking for a way to add a little to my normal exercise routine, but it's turned out to be a LOT of fun and I've been running it near daily in all but heavy rain.

I'm interested to see what ideas other folks have for them. One idea we've been kicking around is a hunt version where the target stations aren't marked but they have to be found along the course.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    wow, that's an awsome set up! Let me know If you want some company!

If you get an Ingo group going on this site I would join it, but my facebook acct has too much of my personal information on it, I prefer to keep aspects of my life separate as much as possible.

I've had a few friends out for runs, some Ingo members, but I'm not really interested in hosting folks who aren't friends I trust.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I understand that totally! You do take a chance when you invite a stranger to your property! I've seen that when you are shooting with strangers, people straighten up real fast when they are surrounded by guys with guns, lol! People are generally more careful and curtious. Generally, I will ask if they have a carry license, and If they do, that says alot sometimes..

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Cool, am in the "no Facebook" camp as well, and was hoping there would be another way of keep up with this group.

Top Bottom