• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Just joined on INGO. To some people my "Run and Gun" might look more like "Walk and Gun" but its all a perspective thing (unless its on the clock). I do IDPA and 3 Gun IDPA. How is this different? Maybe distance?

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I guess it wouldn't be too much different than an IDPA event .. The difference might be less pressure ( not a competition ) , more of a training session . Less everyone shooting against each other, more everyone helping each other..!!!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just joined on INGO. To some people my "Run and Gun" might look more like "Walk and Gun" but its all a perspective thing (unless its on the clock). I do IDPA and 3 Gun IDPA. How is this different? Maybe distance?

My sprint run is about 1000' and goes uphill. My medium run is 3/5's of a mile and up and down hill. Both are on very uneven terrain and you have to watch your footing as you move. It's also in the woods so your targets aren't easy to spot and the shoot/no shoot decisions aren't obvious either, you have to think a bit.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Gentlemen,
    I'm very interested in this, but I am not sure I have enough of the prerequisite skills... I just got back into firearms in March of last year. My "carbine of choice" is sitting at my LGS awaiting my 5 delay in less than a year. I have not done any formal training yet, not for lack of wanting to, just a lack of extra $. I'm working on that right now. I know some of you in the group already, and would like to participate, but also don't want to bring the group down so to speak. Have you given any thought to tiers of skills?

Jason

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    This would be awesome I for one would love to attend. Maybe a meet first at like dinner/lunch to get to know everyone or even a range day at say atterbury? just a thought. I would love to do some training like this I just picked up my first AR(M&P-15) would love to do some run and gun/ transition from rifle to pistol and what not. I have no "formal" training not against it just haven't gotten around to it. I carry my M&P40 everywhere legal and love shooting! Safety is always my biggist concern I have two small children so I don't need to go and get shot...

Did you get the mp15 sport? Thats the one I got. Property will come guys, it will come!

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Gentlemen,
    I'm very interested in this, but I am not sure I have enough of the prerequisite skills... I just got back into firearms in March of last year. My "carbine of choice" is sitting at my LGS awaiting my 5 delay in less than a year. I have not done any formal training yet, not for lack of wanting to, just a lack of extra $. I'm working on that right now. I know some of you in the group already, and would like to participate, but also don't want to bring the group down so to speak. Have you given any thought to tiers of skills?

Jason

Well, this is basically a hub for people to post if they have property to shoot on, found property and want to invite people nearbyto go with them or to post that they are looking! It's kinda like a shooters version of match.com. When me and others go out, it's pretty laid back, but if we see that you cant handle a carbine safely due to your lack of experience, it's pretty obvious that you and others around you would think that you should wait before you get into running with a carbine.....

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    This is fantastic! I am one of the guys who is stuck shooting in an indoor 25yd range for the most part, so opportunities like this are so appreciated.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    My name is Nick, I live in Bloomington. I am signed up on FB and here in the INGO Social Group. I'm a member at South Central Gun Club. Hickman (FB Member JT Hickman) and Bluepkp (FB member Mark Johnson), are also members. I plan to meet with JT and Mark and about organizing a Run and Gun at SCGC. We'll post progress as we make it on the FB page.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've been setting up Jungle Runs on my property and running them the last few months.

I'll be working on getting permission from my uncle to do something similar over near Silverville.

Some of the guys I work with are also looking at putting together something on a Saturday at South Central gun club over near Freetown where we are members.

edit: I just noticed Nick's post above mine :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

trust me, I won't "running".

I like to think of this as training and shooting what you have, no worrying about different divisions/classes. If I have an AR with an optic and Glock 19 or 1911, I can't play in most competitions.

With these informal run and guns, you shoot what you want.

Top Bottom