• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've been setting up Jungle Runs on my property and running them the last few months. I've got a sprint run with 10 stations that takes about 3 minutes to run, and an intermediate one with 24 stations that takes about ten minutes and is 3/5s of a mile long. Working on a longer one that will shoot for (pun intended) 30 minutes to be run with a light pack. Each station currently has multiple targets and shoot/no shoot decisions have to be made. I've been working on various shooting solutions for the stations to mix it up.

I have to say that when I first started it I was just looking for a way to add a little to my normal exercise routine, but it's turned out to be a LOT of fun and I've been running it near daily in all but heavy rain.

I'm interested to see what ideas other folks have for them. One idea we've been kicking around is a hunt version where the target stations aren't marked but they have to be found along the course.

One thing me and a friend set up at my family's place is sort of a "3 gun/soldier of fortune/whatever you want to call it" competition..LOL

an example: we have a distance target rifle setup with a relatively small target(s) at varying ranges to engage at the first station, before coming to it you do a 100 + meter sprint to it and you only get 1 round per target, don't hit them all then you lose, but the opponent can continue the race against the clock if there is someone timing and you all wish to time yourselves........once these distance targets are accomplished (I would suggest limiting them to 5 or less, any more and your heart rate might begin to settle down and makes it a pointless challenge) you then rush to the next stage, where your carbines of choice are ready to roll, you grap it and start advancing through targets, however you wish to set them up...and what we would do is load each others' magazines with an unknown number of rounds (or snap caps if you wish to simulate a jam), forcing simulated hasty reloads on the move but we would plan each others' round counts down to the last known target so that you are forced to do a transition to your sidearm on the last 2-3 targets.........it's helpfull if you have a 3rd party doing the mag loading, timing, and altering of target between rounds so it keeps shooters on their toes, but either way it's fun

lot to describe, hope it all makes sense....you can make all sorts of variations but it's certainly a FUN way to keep combat skills sharp on your own land.......we would do it racing each other, but a lot of civilians don't feel comfortable shooting past one another if one was to advance past and so you could simply time each other if preferred ....use your imagination, it's what we do when we want to make it more challenging :twocents:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm in, I've always been interested in this kind of shooting.

Thanks for putting the INGO group together as I'm not a facebooker either.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    One thing me and a friend set up at my family's place is sort of a "3 gun/soldier of fortune/whatever you want to call it" competition..LOL

an example: we have a distance target rifle setup with a relatively small target(s) at varying ranges to engage at the first station, before coming to it you do a 100 + meter sprint to it and you only get 1 round per target, don't hit them all then you lose, but the opponent can continue the race against the clock if there is someone timing and you all wish to time yourselves........once these distance targets are accomplished (I would suggest limiting them to 5 or less, any more and your heart rate might begin to settle down and makes it a pointless challenge) you then rush to the next stage, where your carbines of choice are ready to roll, you grap it and start advancing through targets, however you wish to set them up...and what we would do is load each others' magazines with an unknown number of rounds (or snap caps if you wish to simulate a jam), forcing simulated hasty reloads on the move but we would plan each others' round counts down to the last known target so that you are forced to do a transition to your sidearm on the last 2-3 targets.........it's helpfull if you have a 3rd party doing the mag loading, timing, and altering of target between rounds so it keeps shooters on their toes, but either way it's fun

lot to describe, hope it all makes sense....you can make all sorts of variations but it's certainly a FUN way to keep combat skills sharp on your own land.......we would do it racing each other, but a lot of civilians don't feel comfortable shooting past one another if one was to advance past and so you could simply time each other if preferred ....use your imagination, it's what we do when we want to make it more challenging :twocents:

Care to share your space? And for further notice, for all property owners, It's not like we will have 8 strangers show up at once...most likely there will be only two of us at first (INGO members) to show our safety and range skill and then if your comfortable with us we can try to invite more members of Indian run and gun....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Care to share your space? And for further notice, for all property owners, It's not like we will have 8 strangers show up at once...most likely there will be only two of us at first (INGO members) to show our safety and range skill and then if your comfortable with us we can try to invite more members of Indian run and gun....
    If it were up to me I wouldn't have a problem at all, hell I'd like to turn the property into a range and have thought about it...done a lot of extensive research into opening some "state of the art" ranges in the area......but unfortunately it's not mine, it's an elderly relative who lives alone (you know the type) but mostly not comfortable with a lot of random people knowing where she's at.......but I'll gladly help in range/scenario design and setup when time allows me to

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If I somehow get really lucky, and she decides to leave me with the property one day instead of her "direct descendants"...you can bet it'll be an awesome range really quickly

we have been working on plans to open a LARGE, indoor/year round state of the art training facility/range....in fact I've been in touch with the guys building the new facilities on the south side....but it takes considerable time/money, and although I have an investor, I'd like to keep that to a minimum...and our Veteran's loans just wouldn't be enough to cover it.......perhaps when my "prior engagements" are complete I can get into a job with my degree that will better fund my passions for the gun world

Diesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would love to join in on the action but i have no clue where a adequate space would be. Maybe some farmers in Lowell that may be able to help. Open a craig list ad lol

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    This would be awesome I for one would love to attend. Maybe a meet first at like dinner/lunch to get to know everyone or even a range day at say atterbury? just a thought. I would love to do some training like this I just picked up my first AR(M&P-15) would love to do some run and gun/ transition from rifle to pistol and what not. I have no "formal" training not against it just haven't gotten around to it. I carry my M&P40 everywhere legal and love shooting! Safety is always my biggist concern I have two small children so I don't need to go and get shot...

Top Bottom