• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I suppose Joe knows what he is doing. Money is no object (especially if you're not spending your own) to prove you are a true SJW. His supporters are known for saying "If it saves just one life it is worth it."
    Should be a good resume filler for his run for governor.

I wouldn't suppose anything of the sort!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    IMPD not enforcing drug laws: If, as the news report states, we have too many prescriptions for opioids in Indianapolis, then, many of those prescriptions must be written to supply addicts with recreational drugs and not written for a legitimate medical need. Those prescribers should be arrested and prosecuted.
    Apparently, IMPD and the prosecutor are not doing this.
    So, rather than go after the criminals misusing the product, they are going after the manufacturer of the product.

I thought this was a LE friendly forum. Did you (or I) not get the memo?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    :rofl:

do you not watch TV? Every other commercial is about a class action lawsuit against a drug manufacturer and trying to recruit patients. :rofl:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_pharmaceutical_settlements

note the dollar amounts increasing as time goes on. If they had that pull why not use it before you pay $15 billion in settlements?

Maybe big law has more pull than big pharma in the swamp.

I've seen those ads and wondered how much is based on real testing and how much is legal obfuscation. In my line of work I get asked about how dangerous chemicals are based on what people see on tv. I always ask, do you believe everything you see on tv? When they say no I say, then don't believe that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People have clotting disorders and will either have a stroke, die of a blood clot to the lungs, or lose an extremity due to clot. So we put them on blood thinners. Some end up having a bleeding complication. Then the drug company gets sued :xmad:

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In your line of work you have to make a lot of tough calls and probably without all of the info you need make a decision. I work with complex systems, but nothing as complex as the human body.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We put someone on blood thinners because they get a heart stent. Then a lesion in their small intestine beyond whre you can get to with a scope and can't see on CT starts bleeding briskly. If you stop blood thinner huge risk of heart attack immediately, which will be treated with more blood thinners.?

recently someone came in with a large stroke and significant disability from it. We gave clot busters, he got almost back to normal and then bled into his brain and died. If we hadn't given the clot buster I could have been sued and would have lost. It's tough.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's got to be hard, but you can only do the best you can with the info you have.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IMPD not enforcing drug laws: If, as the news report states, we have too many prescriptions for opioids in Indianapolis, then, many of those prescriptions must be written to supply addicts with recreational drugs and not written for a legitimate medical need. Those prescribers should be arrested and prosecuted.
    Apparently, IMPD and the prosecutor are not doing this.
    So, rather than go after the criminals misusing the product, they are going after the manufacturer of the product.

Do you have a source for those laws? I'm curious how they read.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I guess I don't.
    I just thought writing prescriptions for opioids to use as recreational drugs was illegal.
    It isn't?

Sure but how do you prove it? Someone shows up with legitimate painful condition and gets a script. They sell a bunch of their pills. When asked for a drug screen they take a pill then go pee in a cup so it shows up.

how do you prove they are selling them? You can't

this is why new laws limit quantities and pharmacies will limit dispensing. Previous laws already restricted prescribing and set in place screening tests to prove compliance. This is usually blamed for the spike in heroin use since pills became more expensive and harder to get

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess I don't.
    I just thought writing prescriptions for opioids to use as recreational drugs was illegal.
    It isn't?

Lots of things that are regulated or illegal aren't in the scope of the local PD. And of course, if we were involved then the complaints would be we're invading people's privacy by knowing their prescriptions, etc.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Huh...you don't say....

Oh, and sometimes the doc.

El-Shikh v. Physician | Eichhorn & Eichhorn, LLP

i'm just a dumb ER doc but my understanding is that Pradaxa is actually pro-coagulant in the first few days so you are supposed to bridge with lovenox or heparin. Was this a very easy defense? Did the panel support malpractice?

also, is your associate available to review something? :rofl:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    i'm just a dumb ER doc but my understanding is that Pradaxa is actually pro-coagulant in the first few days so you are supposed to bridge with lovenox or heparin. Was this a very easy defense? Did the panel support malpractice?

That was the thinking. In 2013, recommendations were changed to stop Lovenox at the time Pradaxa is started. However, this was 2011. There were also claims about how quickly the bleeding was discovered. We had an "issue of fact" opinion, but the panel believed that bridging was standard in 2011. It was difficult in some respects, not so much in others. The plaintiff's attorney is a good lawyer and good guy.
    also, is your associate available to review something? :rofl:

Further affiant sayeth NAUGHT.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Sure but how do you prove it? Someone shows up with legitimate painful condition and gets a script. They sell a bunch of their pills. When asked for a drug screen they take a pill then go pee in a cup so it shows up.

how do you prove they are selling them? You can't

this is why new laws limit quantities and pharmacies will limit dispensing. Previous laws already restricted prescribing and set in place screening tests to prove compliance. This is usually blamed for the spike in heroin use since pills became more expensive and harder to get

Why doesn't screening test requirement include bringing your prescription in for an audit to show you still possess the proper quantity of the remainder of your prescription? Got 30 pills 10 days ago, take one a day, you should still have 20 pills when you show up for your audit/ pee test.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Ok sure, maybe he was buying stuff off the street. Also possible he was huffing cooking spray. Gotta sue those manufacturers too just in case. My money is on this info being from the state controlled substance tracking website using pharmacy data.
    You're probably right . Just pointing out it wouldn't be the first time a dude on pills , popped .

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The next step will be to sue the oil companies for not stopping global warming by limiting the amount of gasoline they make.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom