• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd believe it but Dr's must be capitulating to patients for this to continue.

Let's not place the blame where it fundamentally belongs -- the patient. It's easy to blame big, rich companies and doctors but we're all ultimately responsible for our own actions. I'm not saying there aren't doctors that don't have blame but to lay the blame solely there is wrong.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dont you think though that by prescribing these not needed pharmaceuticals your the pusher on the corner. Seems to me that this is part of the problem with pharmaceutical drug abuse is the docs prescribing them when they are not needed nor effective. Once again, not trying to be a ahole, so please dont take it as such.

People complain when they don't get what they want. Management doesn't like handling complaints.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With obesity and lack of activity...it just may be true.

Weed will help with that, I'm sure. One thing kids need is something to stimulate their appetite and suppress their ambition.

Ending the practice of socializing the results of personal decisions would likely address this.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Let's not place the blame where it fundamentally belongs -- the patient. It's easy to blame big, rich companies and doctors but we're all ultimately responsible for our own actions. I'm not saying there aren't doctors that don't have blame but to lay the blame solely there is wrong.

I agree patients should be responsible for themselves but in this system we have, Dr's are the gatekeepers and hence ultimately responsible. We can argue against the prescription system and put full responsibility on the patient but as of now prescribing is absolutely the responsibility of the Dr.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Im not placing blame entirely there, but i certainly don't think it helps. I believe in cases like that the docs should maybe be able to use a placebo in place of prescribing actual drugs
    And i do agree it is in those types of situations the patients are at fault.
    This, if i don't get what i want, crap needs to stop at all levels, and management not wanting to deal with these whiny snowflakes is not a good excuse either.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I agree patients should be responsible for themselves but in this system we have, Dr's are the gatekeepers and hence ultimately responsible. We can argue against the prescription system and put full responsibility on the patient but as of now prescribing is absolutely the responsibility of the Dr.

give us some examples of inappropriate prescriptions, other than pain meds

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really hope they legalize soon. I really need some to treat my... My... Umm.... Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. Yeah. Thats it!

How well does it do for ingrown toenails?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Over use of antibiotics

that's fair. definitely a CYA thing on the docs part and a patient satisfier. I am pushed to write for Abx by patients all the time when I tell them they likely just have a cold and it will pass.

Even culture proven bacterial bronchitis in a smoker does not need antibiotics according to the studies. But try to convince them of that, especially after they spend $1800 on an ER visit :rofl:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Dont you think though that by prescribing these not needed pharmaceuticals your the pusher on the corner. Seems to me that this is part of the problem with pharmaceutical drug abuse is the docs prescribing them when they are not needed nor effective. Once again, not trying to be a ahole, so please dont take it as such.

you misunderstood. They are not needed if patients choose diet and lifestyle modification. They don't. So they need meds.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The war on drugs is a failure. It hasn't even put a dent in drugs they have just increased, and new types introduced, more crime. And it will never get any better no matter how many are jailed or arrested or in treatment or die. Basicly drugs have funded law enforcement since the 70's at increased rates over the years.
    Legalize All Drugs. Legalization is The only thing that will drop crime and drasticly decrease abuse. Let people kill themselves and De-fund the crime organizations that profit from drugs. Also reduce the amount of time law enforcement wastes over drug enforcement and related crimes.
    Allow those who seek real medical benefits to use it also.
    And everyone can go back to minding their own damn business

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    To all you guys who say there's no medicinal use , you're wrong .

How many of you guys have experience with it ?

How many of you guys have had life altering accidents and have had all kinds of drugs prescribed ?

How many of you actually read the info that comes with the drugs and know about " off label use " and all the BS side effects ?

If there's a " drug " who's only known " side effects " are happy , hungry , horny and sleepy AND gives the patient physical(pain) AND psychological relief , what's the problem ?

How many of you know about kratom https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa ?

Our guberment is treating Kratom like MJ EVEN THOUGH there is plenty of personal use stories that say it has helped them get off the prescribed " medications " .

Once again patients are getting NATURAL relief and big pharma is pissed because they aren't getting their cut .

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To all you guys who say there's no medicinal use , you're wrong .

How many of you guys have experience with it ?

How many of you guys have had life altering accidents and have had all kinds of drugs prescribed ?

How many of you actually read the info that comes with the drugs and know about " off label use " and all the BS side effects ?

If there's a " drug " who's only known " side effects " are happy , hungry , horny and sleepy AND gives the patient physical(pain) AND psychological relief , what's the problem ?

How many of you know about kratom https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa ?

Our guberment is treating Kratom like MJ EVEN THOUGH there is plenty of personal use stories that say it has helped them get off the prescribed " medications " .

Once again patients are getting NATURAL relief and big pharma is pissed because they aren't getting their cut .

Nice try, DEA!!;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members